Para 3 Lightweight

Anybody concerned about the compression lock being embedded in the scales instead of from a liner?

No not really. I can use a slipjoint without any real concern.

I'm worried about it cracking out of the FRN scale making it useless. I love the compression lock, just never had one that was molded in the scale as opposed to being part of the steel liner.
I'm sure they tested it, its just got me a little paranoid.

My first GLOCK did too. Lol.

I trust my Glock, and honestly I trust Spyderco too, just never heard of it being done like this. There may be some other models that already use it like that but I don't know. Guess if that little tab of plastic that holds the Delica backspring will hold up this should too. Maybe. Ha..

I'm worried about it cracking out of the FRN scale making it useless. I love the compression lock, just never had one that was molded in the scale as opposed to being part of the steel liner.
I'm sure they tested it, its just got me a little paranoid.
I understand it to be a partial liner on the lock side instead of the typical full length liner

Hey 731Chopper, If it being now available from Spyderco the day after you post that is quick enough, then I am happy to report, it can - Because it hit their site at around noon eastern today :)

No doubt it will start hitting the various stores very shortly

u.w.

Woohoo! I can't wait for DLT to get these in with plain edge because I've been saving up points that I plan on using towards this. :D

If anything, this knife is certainly hyped up as much as it possibly can.

On a side note, this seems to be a drought period in terms of limited runs of Spydercos.

Back