Para 3 lock click

Of the 6 compression locks I've had this is the only one to do it. When the lock is engaged and I go to close it it sticks and makes a loud click then lets the blade close. I've opened and closed it at least 500 times and probably alot more but it's no better. I've tried graphite. I've taken it apart and cleaned it and knocked off any possible burrs or sharp corners I could see. No lube on the lock interface. I cant figure out what's causing it. The only difference I can see from the others is that its lockup is quite a bit later (as in the very tip of the lockbar is probably 90% or more into the blades tang) considering I've taken it apart I'm sure warranty repair isn't happening and i dont really want to send it off anyway if i dont have to. Anybody else have a suggestion or had this happen? It's the only thing that keeps it out of my pocket. Really annoying to operate.

Sharpie instead of graphite? It's solved the lock stick problem for me before and eventually the knife wore in.

Just keep hitting it with the sharpie every time the stick pops back up. Hope it breaks in for you.

Back