Para 3 Replacememt Pivot

Hey everyone. A few days ago my St Nick's knives para 3 got extremely difficult to open out of nowhere. I had never adjusted any of the screws or taken the knife apart. I thought it was strange but an easy fix. Took my torx driver and tried to loosen the pivot screws. One loosened no problem but the other was extremely tight. Tried as much as i could but unfortunately ended up stripping the top of the screw. Panicked and got my drill and drilled out the mangled screw, knowing that there are plenty of aftermarket screws i could buy. Unfortunately as i drilled through the damaged screw i also damaged my pivot a little bit. I knew right then that i should have just been patient and just sent it to spyderco to loosen. Searched the internet to see if anyone sells a replacement pivot. Thought i would get lucky with a flytanium hardware kit but it doesnt include a replacement pivot. Flytanium representative told me that they dont make a titanium replacement pivot because it does not work as well as stainless steel. Searching through the internet i could only find one person who makes a pivot. It is made of titanium and is made for a pm2. Im not sure if the pivot on a pm2 is the same as one on a para 3. Also am still not sure if titanum will be ok to use as a pivot. I have already contacted Spyderco just for the heck of it. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do. Or possibly even an extra pivot anyone has lying around that they could sell me? Your help is greatly appreciated, an I apologize if im using this forum incorrectly. Im not familiar with it. Thanks again and happy holidays!

PM2 and Para3 pivots should be interchangeable. I don’t see any SS replacements either.

Sorry to say this, but it does sound like a bit of a difficult situation. I would wait for Spyderco's response (although I don't think they have replacement parts, but I could be wrong), and possibly post in the Spyderco forum for more thoughts. I hope you get it solved.

Last edited:
Back