Para 3; the best spyderco edc I've ever had.

Yea, it's on the higher end but as long as it's not Bento box prices I'll buy it.

I don't mind paying $25 extra to stay out of the rat race. National knives threw in a cheapo micro fiber cloth and some "one use" flitz too haha

Haven't tried the Para 3 yet. Prioritizing a (useless to me) lanyard hole over clip placement is a deal breaker. I don't especially like deep carry clips and don't like having to immediately modify a new knife.

Reactions: mb>
Haven't tried the Para 3 yet. Prioritizing a (useless to me) lanyard hole over clip placement is a deal breaker. I don't especially like deep carry clips and don't like having to immediately modify a new knife.

When the knife came out, I thought exactly the same thing.

Then I held one.

Don't have a Para 3 yet, but I agree, why no S35VN? I will get one of the Cru-Wear models if I can, but I'd be more than happy with the former steel.

Don't have a Para 3 yet, but I agree, why no S35VN? I will get one of the Cru-Wear models if I can, but I'd be more than happy with the former steel.

I'm sure they'll have an S35VN Sprint in brown g10, like with the Para2.

Hey DeadboxHero DeadboxHero can you link your channel? I found it a while ago can't remember your YouTube handle. Or message it to me on my profile... Thanks!

Hi.

Para 3 is the best EDC.
I started with S30V. Then S110V. Now the Sliverax came around - WOW.
Forget Para 3 ;)

If you like flippers in Para 3 size with a big hole in the blade, try Sliverax. Best knife so far.

Hope ist gets more siblings in different steels like Para3.

Bye ric

Nice try Shawn. ;) I'm still resisting. I know as soon as I buy another folder I don't need, you'll throw up a batch of Malanika "sprints" and I'll be wishing I had my emergency knife money!

BTW, Michael Christy's review almost swayed me too. He really touted the edge geometry.

Good write up OP.
I got a Para3 when first released but a mate bought it off me as soon as I got it.
My first impression was I liked it, but it was unlikely to get much pocket time ahead of the array of Para2's in the drawer, among others.
3" is about my lower limit for folders, I prefer something a bit larger so that's part of it. But still, there's a place for a Para3 in my collection of users.

I also felt the clip had the knife riding too high in pocket and I'm not a lanyard user so the tube is superfluous to me. Having said that, I think the same applies to the Manix XL and that gets huge pocket time at work, with a deep carry clip.

I wanted a Cru-wear Para3 but resisted and instead pre-ordered the CF/S90V version. Expensive, yes, but I may only have one Para3 (yeah, just keep telling yourself that) so that's the one I want.

Last edited:
Thanks DBH.
Between your love of the Para3 and cruwear, I figured it was worth a try. Have the sprint inbound.

I have to side with RamZar on this point. When I got in my new PM3, it seemed very ordinary to me, and I sold it rather quickly. I'm NOT finding any fault with it...I once had quite a collection of PM2's and Millies, but this PM3 just did not fit my fancy. A matter of individual taste...
My favorite is the Native 5 in S90V (2015 Forum Knife), which is about the only small folder that I still have. It's NIB, and I'm not likely to sell it or carry it. But I love it.
https://spydercollector.wordpress.c...lightweight-native-5-review-2015-forum-knife/

Congrats on the P3! Thanks for the review, agree that it’s an exceptional knife and EDC. Just ordered my second P3, had to go with Spyderco’s signature color, blurpl.

It is a great knife with classic Spydie style and the awesome comp lock but for me a 3 inch blade made from 3.8mm blade stock cannot possibly be the best EDC folder. The thin edge and distal taper are great and they help but I am gonna stick with the Delica and Caly3 as the best 3 inch Spydies. I cannot figure out why they didn't scale down the blade stock thickness with the rest of the knife and for that reason I would take a Sage5 over a Para3 if I wanted a 3incher with a comp lock.

It is a great knife with classic Spydie style and the awesome comp lock but for me a 3 inch blade made from 3.8mm blade stock cannot possibly be the best EDC folder. The thin edge and distal taper are great and they help but I am gonna stick with the Delica and Caly3 as the best 3 inch Spydies. I cannot figure out why they didn't scale down the blade stock thickness with the rest of the knife and for that reason I would take a Sage5 over a Para3 if I wanted a 3incher with a comp lock.
That's the best part is that they kept it beefy.

Gives you an excuse to buy a Delica too haha.

Variety is great and I am sure many folks like the thicker stock. Spyderco does an amazing job of trying to make something for everybody. :) There are a plethora of 3 inchers in the lineup with lots of variety. You gotta appreciate that!

Loved the write-up, and should be getting one for Christmas this year. First new knife in nearly 2 years, and hard to believe I haven't even held one yet. I was definitely intrigued when this one came out, but had other interests and never cared to rush out and look at one. I don't like how high it appears to ride in tip-up configuration, but the clip will likely come off as I've pretty much went to deep pocket carry. I also haven't rotated many knives in the past year or so, really just choosing whichever one is nearby, and it's been a PM2 for probably a few months now. But ever since I've seen it, I've felt that the Para 3 would be the ultimate EDC knife as 3" folders are my preference for EDC and am glad to see the chamfering on the scales. I chose the standard black/satin S30V combo as I actually like S30V and from a value perspective, plus I don't have any Spyderco black G10. I also showed it to an impressionable coworker of mine who's in and out of knives, and he immediately sent it to his wife telling her to buy it, so Sal, I made a sale for you lol.

Back