Para-Military in CTS-204P

I hope to score one of these. Don't want the pre-order to come up before I have some cash in hand. If possible, might have to go with 2.

Forgot to ad. If it looks like the one on the spyderco exclusive page I think it is going to be awesome.

Forgot to ad. If it looks like the one on the spyderco exclusive page I think it is going to be awesome.

That's what got me searching for this thread.

Here's the pic:

C81GPGR2.png

I'm confused though - I was under the impression that M390 was Carpenter's answer to Crucible's S90V - I guess I was wrong after searching - but I still can't find much on M390 (BTW, did Crucible go bankrupt?).

Last edited:

Here's the pic:

C81GPGR2.png

I'm confused though - I was under the impression that M390 was Carpenter's answer to Crucible's S90V - I guess I was wrong after searching - but I still can't find much on M390 (BTW, did Crucible go bankrupt?).

M390 is by Bohler-Uddeholm. Carpenter's version of S90V, is CTS-20CP. CTS-204P is Carpenter's take on BU's M390.

Here's the pic:

C81GPGR2.png

Now that is just one thing....:thumbup::thumbup:

I really want to try and get some Carpenters steel. I can get M390 locally and have ground it on a visit to a custom maker. For me personally RWL-34 and CPM-154 are the most balanced steel available providing performance for the user and being easy to grind for the maker (my 2 cents at least).

Bohler Makes M390. I just looked at the alloy chart in the back of the Spyderco Catalog and M390 and CTS-204P are practically identical and from what I've read, both companies use powder metallurgy technology.

I love Spyderco!

I think the m390 is the equivalent to Latrobe's 20cv,it's actually been around a while,SOG used it in one of their fixed blades 'Team Leader-01' never did get me one could have got one a few times for just a little over $120.00 wah

Last edited:
If the color of the green g10 is anything like the picture..... then wow! simply beautiful.

Sad part is going to be the upped prices and outragous shipping on these ones. Hope the C Shoppe gets some, so I don't have to sell a leg to get one.

Well, hopefully they will be cheaper than the blue Para 2s are.

I wanted one of those but I am going to hold out for the green one instead.

I just put a preorder in. Will they combine shipping? I can't wait for these, that green is beautiful

Appears to be an 800 run dealer exclusive for KW only. Must be a miss print on the Spyderco site.

I went for a couple. Good price for that great a steel.

From what it said on their website listing:

"Please do not include any other items in this order."

Sorry I know im alil late to this post but does anyone know where the preorder will be at? which site? I got me the 20cp para 2 and love it. Im waiting on the m390 for a bday present from the gf. but Id love the para 2 in green and 204p

Back