Para-Military in CTS-204P

How much did the PM2 204 sell for on pre - order? anyone care to share?

$20 deposit plus $127.90 at the time of shipment. Which for me is today. :thumbup: I asked Melissa at the vendor if they had any extras, and she said she didn't know as they were working through the pre-orders. But I'm thinking its unlikely unless some pre-order folks back out.

I think CTS-204P is actually a fraction of a hair better than M390 due to slightly smaller grain size from Carpenters slightly improved process. I guess we will find out. Probably not, though. Its also got a few tenths of a percent more alloying elements I think.

Just a tip for the newbies. Just because someone posts the knives he has doesn't mean they are for sale, they also won't be sold cheap. Just because someone had two of the same knife doesn't mean it's an "extra". Rant over.

Just a tip for the newbies. Just because someone posts the knives he has doesn't mean they are for sale, they also won't be sold cheap. Just because someone had two of the same knife doesn't mean it's an "extra". Rant over.

I'll give you $12 and 3 gently used dress socks. You ship first.

Looks like the remainders for the backup list were released and are now sold out.

I know I got mine. I was surprised when the actual price showed up in the checkout screen. Man people have been price-hiking 'em as high as they can around here (and more than a few aren't selling).

To be honest, I'm not super excited about the color, so a set of custom scales might be in the works for this guy and my Grey one (might have to pick up an Earth brown one and do a scale-swap on this Green one).

Just now in the waiting list run?

That's what the website shows, yes. It also says that there was a glitch and they didn't charge shipping and you could call or they would be contacting to get approval for the shipping charges to be added...when I called the lady asked "so it's ok to add the shipping"?...lol, what was I going to do? Say no? I said "absolutely"
Happy happy here...already writing my 'for sale' ad...thinking about $325

Just kidding...this one goes in the pocket where it belongs.

That's what the website shows, yes.

Got it, I see that now on the pre-orders page. Glad you got it squared away. Hopefully not to many people were affected by the over sell…

Now I have to wonder, between the extreme demand, 1.5 year wait, rampant flipping, and now this tiny bump with the backorders —*is this the limited edition Spyderco with the most drama attached to it?

I had asked to be notified if there were any cancellations shortly after the pre-order sold out and I got an email from Ashley on Tuesday. I stayed up all night just to be one of the first in line. The very instant they became available I placed my order. As I'm checking out, paying for my knife, I get a "Server Error." I go back and start over. Pages are not loading. I keep clicking the button to place my order and end up with 8 in my cart. I ATTEMPT to update my cart to only one (1) and again the page is loading very slowly.

Finally, I get just one in my cart and all of my information is being processed in the final stage of checking out when suddenly the page changes and says I have no items in my cart. Huh? That all happened before 6:10 PDT -- 8:10 CDT (CST).

I immediately ATTEMPT to call them--KnifeWorks. Busy Busy Busy! Finally, many calls later, I get through to a very sympathetic lady who listens to me describing what just happened. All she could say is "I'm sorry" -- "I'm sorry" -- "They're all gone."

I call bull pucky! What happened on their website this morning was just wrong! It's over an hour later and I am still livid!

Thanks for letting me blow off steam. I am done with Spyderco and the monster they have created. I own 3 Para 2's -- Digicam, Brown and Orange. I also own 2 Military's -- Digicam & Titanium. I USE all of them. I also own over 200 other knives. I am a collector. So this ain't my first rodeo. I have never bought a knife just to make a profit. In fact, I have never sold a knife -- Period! I have given many away and traded several. It sickens me to see what has become of a once enjoyable hobby and pastime. Like I said, I am done with Spyderco. In fact, maybe it's time to re-think knife collecting altogether?

Why would you be upset with Spyderco? They produced and sold the knives to blue mountain or whoever.

I think CTS-204P is actually a fraction of a hair better than M390 due to slightly smaller grain size from Carpenters slightly improved process. I guess we will find out. Probably not, though. Its also got a few tenths of a percent more alloying elements I think.

Carpenter uses the 2nd Generation Process.

Bohler uses the 3rd Generation Process.

I missed out on this one.... :(

Not really that big of a deal though as I do have one on loan now for testing, I do like the green. :)

Very interested in seeing your results, Jim. Still need to break my green one in but spending time with the blue one is hard enough as is.

Back