Off Topic Parallel Snarking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using an Etowah 10x12 over my hammock for a couple years now. It works well.

I got the woodland camo, and it does a decent job of blending in.

XFIGndo.jpg

First Superbowl I've watched in years.

Great game. We went to a party at my step brothers place. Out of 12 people only 2 were going for the patriots. So we were happy with the results. But it got close there at the end. Of course my wife being from Philly damn near broke the TV when they challenged the touchdown there close to the end.

I was the DD. So no drinking... Except i did taste, not even a full shot, some 14 year Oban for the first time and that's a decent scotch.

My wife got hammered. Brothers got hammered. Friends got hammered.luckily my wife is off today because she is still in bed feeling rough and i feel great haha.

you should check out Etowah -- they make good tarps and have a 5.5'x9' "shelter kit" for a good price -- or their standard OD tarps also at reasonable prices.
(and since they make the gear they sell, this isn't deal spotting)

Thanks man, perfect!

I've been using an Etowah 10x12 over my hammock for a couple years now. It works well.

I got the woodland camo, and it does a decent job of blending in.

Yep, that's a good choice. I also have a 10x12 sil-nylon in grey that I use over my hammock and have used for a couple years now; Have yet to have any major issues with it and it compresses quite nicely.

EzEmojM.jpg

and we're done

back to knives

:>
Yes boss.

Got a Tojiro DP 90mm paring knife late last week. Just in time to prep apps for the unmentionable game of ball throwing.

gOn2eCW.jpg

1Gn8Rf3.jpg

Nicely weighted. Good handle shape. Fit and finish very high - smooth transitions to bloster and pins; nothing out of place; edge is highly polished.
Didn't realize the blade was so wharncliffe-esque. Also, the handle comes in at quite an angle. Doesn't line up with other parers in the knife block.
Not the best for working in hand, but fabulous for detail work on the cutting board.
First VG-10 blade. Came in quite sharp enough to push-cut tomatoes, and sail through a lemon like butter. Not quite as fine-edged out-of-the-box as my Miyabi Morimoto chef's knife, but a damn sight keener than the Masamoto CT carbon 120mm petty. (Masamoto says they come super sharp, but it felt like it was waiting for me to put my own edge on it. Took a few tries - a couple hours on various Japanese stones - but I eventually did.)

Have a Crawford 100mm AEB-L parer due in any day now. Looks like it'll be better for in-hand work. We'll see...

TL; DR:
Very happy with the out-of-the-box condition and cutting-board prowess of the quite reasonably priced Tojiro DP paring knife.

i see your wife and your fine self enjoy long swims on the beach :D

We call ours "furbags", not quite a term of endearment. They need their own open season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back