Off Topic Parallel Snarking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out mt brother in law Curt... This guy is a beast. That joker was HEAVY!! this one we got separately from the other loads the next day. Curt kept this one, he deserved it after carrying it LOL

I chopped this tree down with the fiskars x15. Love this axe. It lives in my truck and helps when off roading and harvesting fatwood LOL
View media item 2705View media item 2706
My cojones would be rolling down my pant leg if I tried that, haha. :D

Got a little bit of fat lighter the other day... Had to take 3 trips to get it all. We found a mess of whole trees resinated through and through. Gave away a few boxes. Still have plenty.

Not easy on chainsaw blades though... Mine is as dull as can be now... And there is still several more trees to go get and cut from the same area.

View media item 2700View media item 2703View media item 2702View media item 2701

A little trick I learned. Next time you go saw some more fat lighter, bring along a bottle of mineral oil. Keep the chain lubed with it and it will cut without binding. You can pour some oil down into your cut for a non-sticky, smoother cut!

i'd have tried it :D he has good technique too!

After carrying it a good 150-200 feet through the woods to my truck he says "And that's why you never skip leg day"

I laughed... I skipped full body "day" most of my life LOL

worldwood worldwood That's an impressive haul of lighter knot you got there. And who needs a skid steer when you can bring along a Curt!!!! Thats impressive!!!

Haha! Right? The man is seriously tough though.

And that's only about a 3rd of the haul. A lot was given away. The picture beside my shop that has the machax in it was all that i kept. The rest went to my father, step brother, brother in law and a friend.

But there's plenty more to get.

It's all in walking distance from my home. I find it while I'm hiking with Battle.

Welcome back, WW!

Thanks brother!

My cojones would be rolling down my pant leg if I tried that, haha. :D

Mine fell just watching him :D

A little trick I learned. Next time you go saw some more fat lighter, bring along a bottle of mineral oil. Keep the chain lubed with it and it will cut without binding. You can pour some oil down into your cut for a non-sticky, smoother cut!

Thanks man! I'll definitely give that a try!! I have went through 3 chainsaw blades in the last 6 months, and it's not like I'm even using it everyday... so I'll try anything at this point LOL

Me and Curt seen this guy right beside the fat lighter stump. He was working on that beetle before we startled him. One of the biggest ones i have seen around here.

View media item 2711
And i got a new toy a couple weeks ago. My regular ride on craftsman was dying on me. Took forever to start. Had to put my hand over the air filter hole multiple times and choke it out to get it started. The battery was dead. Wouldn't hold a charge. And it needed new tires... We said screw it.

This was made possible thanks to a "sLOWES" credit card and my military discount lol

View media item 2712

worldwood worldwood What part of Florida are you from. I'm a Lake County Tavares swamp gas myself
"Swamp Gas" LOL

Im only about an hour and a half or so from you then! About 30 minutes south of Gainesville in between 2 small towns of Archer and Bronson. Mail comes from Archer but kids go to school in Bronson.

Correction... Looks like closer to 2 hours from you...

Last edited:
"Swamp Gas" LOL

Im only about an hour and a half or so from you then! About 30 minutes south of Gainesville in between 2 small towns of Archer and Bronson. Mail comes from Archer but kids go to school in Bronson.

Correction... Looks like closer to 2 hours from you...

Up Paynes Prairie Way I guess

Some of you who have met me at Becker West know that I dig slipjoint knives. Most production Traditional patterned slipjoints are usually made in 1095 or 440A and to get anything in a more premium steel you usually have to pay considerable amounts of money and are often in the realm of customs at that point.

Well, I just picked up this little beauty and it is simply sweet. M390 steel / titanium liners, bolsters, and screws / Ram's Horn covers. All the makings of a pretty sweet little slipjoint. I shouldn't say "little", it fills the hand quite comfortably.

JzYXPG8.jpg

I didn't know Lionsteel made slippies, Pàdruig Pàdruig ! That's a pretty sweet one, too!

That's always been one of my main reasons to avoid slippies is the carbon-steeled blades, I have a hard enough time with my Beckers I doubt I'd be able to maintain a proper uncoated carbon blade on a folder. Nice to know there's other steels available that aren't from guys like T.A. Davison.

I didn't know Lionsteel made slippies, Pàdruig Pàdruig ! That's a pretty sweet one, too!

That's always been one of my main reasons to avoid slippies is the carbon-steeled blades, I have a hard enough time with my Beckers I doubt I'd be able to maintain a proper uncoated carbon blade on a folder. Nice to know there's other steels available that aren't from guys like T.A. Davison.

This knife is a collaborative effort between LionSteel and one of our supporting vendors here. He has had some pretty good success with these knives and he also has a couple of other collaborations in the works too, a Barlow style similar to the one pictured above but with a clip style blade (also with LionSteel) and a EZ Open teardrop shadow pattern (with another Italian company, Viper).

They all present fantastic values and don't even come close to what you have to pay for Bose or Davidson knives. Nice knives, but damn, I don't want to be paying prices that often linger north and south of a grand....

I did a bit of a review on the knife here: Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

Last edited:
Nice slipjoint!!

I actually have a new Lionsteel TM-1 heading to me next week. Along with this guy here..

View media item 2752View media item 2753
Mark McCoun hawk. 4140 head. Curly maple haft.

Going to prolly watch some YouTube videos on wrapping... I'd love to do a good turks head wrap... Last time i tried i gave up though lol so i may just wrap it regularly.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a Birudashi, let me know.

Getting ready to start a sale thread, and would rather sell it to a Beckerhead.

I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.

Goes to show, you just never know.

Ok. I'll stop now. Don't have a cow.

If anyone is looking for a Birudashi, let me know.

Getting ready to start a sale thread, and would rather sell it to a Beckerhead.

I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.

Goes to show, you just never know.

Ok. I'll stop now. Don't have a cow.

No more rhymes, and I mean it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back