paramilitary 2 sadness REDUX

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever reason I'm usually a Benchmade guy, but I do have one PM2 and it's probably my favorite folder. Seeing how cool Sal is though, this weekend I'm planning on buying another Spyderco that I've been thinking about.

Color me very impressed.

Which one are you going to buy?

Sal jumping in like that doesn't surprise me one bit! Had an issue with my first Spydie, went on Spydie forum, Sal read my post and replaced the knife in a week.....this was in July '15'......I now have over 30 Spydies!!
Don't just give up on eBay tho!! There is one of the most excellent dealers on the bay.....Justin at White Mountain Knives.
One man shop that does an amazing job!! Bought over 20 blades from him and can't ask for more!
Curious how this one turns out, but if Sal says he'll take care of you....take it to the bank! Stand up dude if I ever met one!
Joe

to all that are still here, i sent the knife in to sal. he is a truly fantastic man and ill hear more about whats wrong with it on Monday give or take. i must say that the hospitality that sal displayed made me go out and buy a sage 1 (didnt even send the pm2 in at the time) and i took another 100+ dollar shot at spyderco and i must say that i see why all of you were so defensive about it. i love this little knife so much that my other knives (even my beloved izula 2) hasnt had any time in my pocket.

Impressive move from Sal and company! Kudos.

/I've quickly checked my PM2... but no need, the quickest way to know is how the s30v has performed well since day1.

trust me, im just as eager as any of you are...especially since it was my knife. im actually quite surprised anyone is still checking this thread out

I've been waiting to see if there was follow up on this. Thank you for updating us, glad to hear your liking the Sage :thumbup:

trust me, im just as eager as any of you are...especially since it was my knife. im actually quite surprised anyone is still checking this thread out

Glad to hear you are happy with your next spyderco purchase. We always check back to see how a situation was handled. And as you know, that is why spyderco and sal have such a good rep here: when we check back we generally see good things :)

i got it off ebay...the guy i got it from is a really trusted guy (bought off him before with no problems)

Hahaha.... Yeah I knew that one was coming.

"Got it off ebay....."

That definitely looks fake. I can tell by the G10. At least I think so. We'll see.

But seriously, to anyone reading this.... Just dont buy knives like this from ebay. Just dont do it. Just dont. It isnt worth it.

Hahaha.... Yeah I knew that one was coming.

"Got it off ebay....."

That definitely looks fake. I can tell by the G10. At least I think so. We'll see.

But seriously, to anyone reading this.... Just dont buy knives like this from ebay. Just dont do it. Just dont. It isnt worth it.

Um, you're quoting from last year. This has been hashed out already :thumbup:

Wow, this thread has me FREAKED OUT! I had an Amazon gift card kicking around and I just used it on a PM2 in Earth Brown. It's an Amazon Prime purchase, so I'm good if I need to return it, but still... ugh. From what I can tell, though, there aren't too many folks reporting fakes in that particular model.

Wow, this thread has me FREAKED OUT! I had an Amazon gift card kicking around and I just used it on a PM2 in Earth Brown. It's an Amazon Prime purchase, so I'm good if I need to return it, but still... ugh. From what I can tell, though, there aren't too many folks reporting fakes in that particular model.

Does Amazon source their knives through Moteng distribution?? Because that color with S35VN steel was their exclusive model.

Hi Borage,

Thanx much for the trust and for sending in the knife. I've been waiting for it.

This issue is much deeper and more complicated that might appear. We're concerned either way. If the knife is a counterfeit, then we have to chased it back up the chain. I've spoken with the seller. He too is concerned. Seems like an honorable guy. If the knife is something we did, then we have to know, and if the knife is something that you did, then you have to know.

sal

yea, when i contacted the seller he seemed genuinely worried about what happened and wanted to fix it. i dont want to give him a bad name because he did for a long while be very helpful

I'm an amatuer Spyderco owner although I've carried a Harpy for many years. Recently I decided I wanted something different. I've been looking for flippers and even tried a few out but I don't like the frame/liner locks that damn near all of them have along with the cursed thumbstud. To make a long story short my search has brought me dang near full circle back to Spyderco, I've been sucked into the Hole. It was going to be a toss up between the Manix and the PM2. I've been able to hold a Manix and I liked it but I really want to try out the Compression lock on the PM2. I've not been able to find one to try out. I recently joined this forum and have posted very little but I am learning a lot. This thread was definitely eye opening.

What I've learned:
The PM2 is an extremely popular knife.
There are many sources from which to buy a PM2.
The PM2 is apparently so damn good and loved that some bastitches are trying to duplicate them.
These same bastitches are getting good at counterfitting.
Some Spyderco owners are pretty passionate about them.
Mr. Glesser and Spyderco are good people and want to make this problem right.
People can learn.
I am looking at the right knife maker for my next knife.

I'm not naive, I know there may be other knives as good as or better than the PM2. I also know that other knives are probably conterfitted. Other knife companies are probably good companies also.

I hope the OP and Spyderco can get this mess figured out and I anxiously await more news.

***UPDATE***
so after a few emails back and forth sal told me that the knife is INDEED a knife made by spyderco.
" The knife is still in the lab, but I can tell you that it is Spyderco manufactured, that was made here in Golden. I will get results on the RC today, but all-in-all the knife seemed like it was acceptable in all areas. I checked the edge very carefully, and I can tell you that what took the edge off was something very hardened; a hard piece of metal would be my first guess. I will do further analysis on the knife over the next few days. I would have to say that the damage to the edge we would consider User error. You tried to cut something that was much harder than a knife blade should be expected to cut, perhaps a large hardened staple in cardboard or something else. The edge was literally torn off, and there were even a few nicks in the blade itself. Also, I noticed that there was damage to the screws in the handle of the knife." -sal.

i wanted to address that it may or may not have hit a staple and i just didn't notice and when i found out about the edge being stripped and chipped i freaked out and over reacted. i personally do not know if i did or did not hit something hard and chipped the blade but i must say that sal did jump in surprisingly fast (wasnt even expecting him to) and fixed the problem. all and all we are chalking it up to user error and i except full responsibility. i do not know if sal is going to post an update or not but i thank all of you that stayed here till the end and were kind enough to show me my errors and were actually concerned. if you have any questions please ask away and ill answer them. THANK YOU ALL.

***UPDATE***
so after a few emails back and forth sal told me that the knife is INDEED a knife made by spyderco.
" The knife is still in the lab, but I can tell you that it is Spyderco manufactured, that was made here in Golden. I will get results on the RC today, but all-in-all the knife seemed like it was acceptable in all areas. I checked the edge very carefully, and I can tell you that what took the edge off was something very hardened; a hard piece of metal would be my first guess. I will do further analysis on the knife over the next few days. I would have to say that the damage to the edge we would consider User error. You tried to cut something that was much harder than a knife blade should be expected to cut, perhaps a large hardened staple in cardboard or something else. The edge was literally torn off, and there were even a few nicks in the blade itself. Also, I noticed that there was damage to the screws in the handle of the knife." -sal.

i wanted to address that it may or may not have hit a staple and i just didn't notice and when i found out about the edge being stripped and chipped i freaked out and over reacted. i personally do not know if i did or did not hit something hard and chipped the blade but i must say that sal did jump in surprisingly fast (wasnt even expecting him to) and fixed the problem. all and all we are chalking it up to user error and i except full responsibility. i do not know if sal is going to post an update or not but i thank all of you that stayed here till the end and were kind enough to show me my errors and were actually concerned. if you have any questions please ask away and ill answer them. THANK YOU ALL.

Way to eat that. Good job on you

Good on you Borage.
And so much for people like me calling it a fake just by looking at your pics :foot:

I hope your enjoying your Sage, and I really hope there is another genuine Spyderco Para2 in your future.
Spyderco rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back