paramilitary 2 sadness REDUX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unspeakably irrational and immature. Work out your issues like an adult before you back up the dump truck and dump a load of $h!t. This thread reflects terribly badly - but not on Spyderco.

After much advisement he did come to his senses.

Unspeakably irrational and immature. Work out your issues like an adult before you back up the dump truck and dump a load of $h!t. This thread reflects terribly badly - but not on Spyderco.

TOO BAD you didn't read the post above yours and a few others before adding your voice. He came to the fore and made good with his bad purchase and his anti-Spyderco rant already (post 104 on page 6 of this thread). We like him now :D

OOPS to you - :foot: :rolleyes:

ok guys, sorry for the whole bashing of spyderco. its just that this was my first spyderco and it turned out to be a fake/lemon. i did contact the seller and he is going to give me a refund. i am going to use that refund to purchase a REAL spyderco from spyderco themselves. i know it sounds like a huge contradiction but you guys are right. i shouldn't hate a whole company because of my own mistakes. i do thank those who ACTUALLY helped me in looking into what a fake is and now i know that i should stick to my other trusted knife stores (knifeworks, bladeHQ, etc.). i will go with a sage 2 and hopefully it will show what a REAL spyderco can do. again, sorry for having a meltdown. i thank almost all of you for helping me. and sal if yo are reading this, i am extremely sorry for denouncing you and your company.

Way to step up, man. Sounds like this will work out. Makes me feel better about all my Spydercos.

Way'ta come around and face up.

Is it possible to change the thread title so as not to attract more negativity?!

Good idea - :thumbup: Call it The SAGA of A PM II.

That would be much better.

I have this idea probably half a dozen times a week!
A rather large amount of threads out there with harsh misinforming titles and rather inconsequential actual substance inside. :(

Hi Borage,

I believe I need to see the knife in question. Please send it to me and not the seller. I am in communication with the seller and he seems to be a good person that would not intentionally sell a fake. If is not a fake, and you had the problems that you are having, then I need to examine the piece. And I need to see it before anything or anyone touches the the knife. Please contact customer service at Spyderco. customerservice@spyderco.com or telephone and we will figure out the best way to retrieve the piece.

Your kind understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

sal

Hi Sal,

Don't know if it's ok to ask this, but I will ask with respect, if the knife is returned to Spyderco, would it be ok to post the result of your examination in this thread? Would just like to know the outcome, and it would provide some closure for this wee drama.

If not, that's cool, I'm pleased enough to see the OP's introduction to Spyderco working out for the good in the end.

I made it to page 4 of this mess..read page 8 and see all is good now.
I want another PM2 and NOT from eBay. Take care Spyderco crew.

I have 4 PM2s and can't tell from the OP's pictures if it's legit or fake. I'm not sure if I could spot a good copy even if the pics were crystal clear. It sure is suspect with the blade steel rolling like it appeared to, and the described effort to open the blade.
I'm sure we all appreciate your "hands on" Sal...thank you.

Hi Sal,

Don't know if it's ok to ask this, but I will ask with respect, if the knife is returned to Spyderco, would it be ok to post the result of your examination in this thread? Would just like to know the outcome, and it would provide some closure for this wee drama.

If not, that's cool, I'm pleased enough to see the OP's introduction to Spyderco working out for the good in the end.

Hi PC, We'll see if he sends it in?

sal

If it's not a counterfeit I would send it to spyderco , they have great customer service. I have 2 pm2's & a mili that I beat on & I sharpen maybe twice a year

In all fairness, I can't tell if its a fake or not. Of course, that doesn't mean very much as I am not an expert at it and the pics are.....not very good to begin with. I have more to say on this particular subject concerning this PM2, but....its moot and serves no real purpose at this point.

Wouldn't it be a weird turn of events if it turned out to be real and there was a problem with the blade steel? I think there might be many of us who would need to/or might need to re-evaluate our interpretation of "shiny footprints." Myself included, because I was one of the ones who offered up more questions and was no real help to the OP.

I dunno, this thread pissed me off a bit........it happens sometimes, I suppose, with those of us who are passionate about our Spydies.

Good luck to the OP. I hope he gets what he wants out of Spyderco.

Worth mentioning always is Sal's INCREDIBLE, UNWAVERING professionalism. And beyond.

Having experienced Sal's kindness in responding to my own curious questions, and witnessing his participation and patience with the entire spectrum of Knuts, from obsessive to a-hole, I honestly can't name an all around better guy. Let alone a comparable peer.

Thank you, Sal. You go above and beyond good business. It shows your genuine interest and care for your fellow Knuts.

Thanx much Mr. Bond.

We need to get the knife back either way. If it's real, I need to know what happened. If it's a fake, I need to chase it upstream. I have messaged the seller and I have asked the OP to send it in.

sal

sorry sal, im trying to send it in but i literally keep having to do something else. i will try to get it going by hopefully tomorrow (if im able to get off work at a good time). i do have a question though. if it IS a fake then what would happen of it and what would happen with me? i understand if you do not want to tell me over the forum so feel free to send it through an email (if you even want)!

Looks like you'll be taken care of, regardless.

Sal is in contact with the seller, so I'm sure he has considered your end, if it is confirmed fake.

Proceed with confidence.

Borage123

Best thing now is to simmer down man. Just follow the advice here and try not to fish for answers and get ahead of yourself.

Send it in.

Wait.

Let whatever happens happen.

THEN.

Come see us.

There is nothing more this public thread can offer you. Respect yourself and Spyderco and take care of the rest in private. On your own time.

Savvy?

We'd love to hear a summary and happy ending. But dead horses are starting to be kicked about now.

Good luck bud.

Borage123

Best thing now is to simmer down man. Just follow the advice here and try not to fish for answers and get ahead of yourself.

Send it in.

Wait.

Let whatever happens happen.

THEN.

Come see us.

There is nothing more this public thread can offer you. Respect yourself and Spyderco and take care of the rest in private. On your own time.

Savvy?

We'd love to hear a summary and happy ending. But dead horses are starting to be kicked about now.

Good luck bud.
Have you read thru the thread or just the first post and decided to spout off about things that have already ready been resolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back