Paramilitary 3

I feel sorry for many of the other current great Spydercos in the 3" category... this PM3 will steal nearly all the glory and maybe a good chunk of those sales as well! :p

I feel sorry for many of the other current great Spydercos in the 3" category... this PM3 will steal nearly all the glory and maybe a good chunk of those sales as well! :p

Perhaps you are correct. However, the Sage compression lock will be a hit as well.

I'd definitely like a scaled down para-2; perhaps a 3 inch blade. I'd like it exactly as is with one exception. I'd prefer full liners to the edge, similar to the Manix 2. I'd prefer full liners on the existing model as well.

Mulitool? I'm intrigued for sure. Especially when you say there's nothing to compare it to. Did they give any eta on it? Or, being a rough proto, was it a "just for kicks" piece?

No pics + suspense = killing me

No eta but she did say this is the direction they are going. The selling points for me were the CF which I hope will offer some great steel options. The other was the ease with which I could open it. Some of the tools could be opened by pinching with the spyderco hole. This is a much more friendly option for me (female with long nails). I would imagine that an individual with tired hands from working or medical issues will appreciate this as well. I plan on owning this and the PM3 as soon as they are available.

Sorry no pics from that case but I did obtain this one for those individuals with larger hands :)

026_zps2hxetdm6.jpg

Last edited:
No eta but she did say this is the direction they are going. The selling points for me were the CF which I hope will offer some great steel options. The other was the ease with which I could open it. Some of the tools could be opened by pinching with the spyderco hole. This is a much more friendly option for me (female with long nails). I would imagine that an individual with tired hands from working or medical issues will appreciate this as well. I plan on owning this and the PM3 as soon as they are available.

Sorry no pics from that case but I did obtain this one for those individuals with larger hands :)

026_zps2hxetdm6.jpg

^ these two should be a hit with the crowd that keeps asking for bigger and bigger knives. I for one use and carry my knives so I am super stoked about the PM3 that I've been nagging Sal for the last couple years!

I'd definitely like a scaled down para-2; perhaps a 3 inch blade. I'd like it exactly as is with one exception. I'd prefer full liners to the edge, similar to the Manix 2. I'd prefer full liners on the existing model as well.

I'm curious, why the preference for full vs nested liners. Would you want the aggressive jimping on the liners as the Manix 2 has? Nested liners require much more machining than "full" liners, produce a thinner more pocketable handle, and IMO look better vs the roughly finished exterior of the Manix 2 liners. Frankly they are a significant part of why I love the PM2.

All I can say is I've got one and Eric has one that we carry often. They are being engineered for production in Golden. They make a very nice EDC. We don't have a name for it yet.

sal

Sweet good news! Any word on blade steel or handle material/color?
Thanks
All I can say is I've got one and Eric has one that we carry often. They are being engineered for production in Golden. They make a very nice EDC. We don't have a name for it yet.

sal

sal

Would be cool to see a 3.25" blade, seems every company goes 3" or 3.5" and misses that sweet spot.

sal

Wait, at first I thought you meant the PM3, but not having a name implies you are referring to the multitool, either way I'm super stoked, those will both be things I'm getting once they drop!

Not sure I would EDC something the size of a leaf blower, but it would look nice on the wall!

The PM3 or whatever its real name is sounds nice. I thought the PM2 would be way too big for me, but I've been carrying a Manix, so a PM2 is probably inevitable.

Either way a Hobbit sized PM2 sounds like a winner.

Im hoping for a Military 2 just like the Para 2 but bigger and in XHP and a slightly tougher tip wouln't hurt being a "military"ish knife

Back