paramilitary tip is bent?

Since you've stated that it didn't come that way, and you're sure you didn't bend it yourself or lend it out, then unless someone else used it without your knowledge and bent it, the only remaining question is, have you been hanging out with Uri Geller?

Since you've stated that it didn't come that way, and you're sure you didn't bend it yourself or lend it out, then unless someone else used it without your knowledge and bent it, the only remaining question is, have you been hanging out with Uri Geller?

Please re-read my post. I never said I didn't cause it. Just that I did not pry with it. The hardest thing I can think of cutting was a Goodyear water hose. If that caused it, I really don't know what to say.

BTW: This post is not meant to be rude. Everyone misreads stuff. :)

You're proably not going to like the answer. As crappy as it tastes, they will probably tell you that it was user error. I hope to hear differently. Good luck man.

After looking over the warranty, I think your right. I received an email response to send it in with $5. I don't understand why I can't buy a new blade even for $50?

All I'm saying is that I'm glad I didn't start this thread. Only some will get that.

I'm surprised about all of the talk concerning thinness of the blade at the tip. The knife tip isn't "that thin" and as with most tools, applications vary.

All I'm saying is that I'm glad I didn't start this thread. Only some will get that.

I'm surprised about all of the talk concerning thinness of the blade at the tip. The knife tip isn't "that thin" and as with most tools, applications vary.

Please elaborate. If you want to take it offline, please email or PM me. I really don't know what your talking about. I would like to know though.

Please elaborate. If you want to take it offline, please email or PM me. I really don't know what your talking about. I would like to know though.

It wasn't a dig at you. It was a failed attempt to be funny that didn't really make much sense now that I think about it. I worded it wrong.

Anyway, I'd PM you with the story but I don't think I have those privileges under my account.

Basically...just ignore me.

It wasn't a dig at you. It was a failed attempt to be funny that didn't really make much sense now that I think about it. I worded it wrong.

Anyway, I'd PM you with the story but I don't think I have those privileges under my account.

Basically...just ignore me.

Don't worry, at least one person got it. ;)

To the OP, I'm gonna go with the "straighten it with a hammer" solution. Looking at that photo, I think you will be able to get it pretty straight. Sucks that its bent, but I think you can fix it right up and get on with enjoying it.

That is only my opinion. Pretty similar to the opinion I gave minimalist in that thread he's talking about. And no, he didnt listen. Hehehe.

OK guys now I've got the hint. No problem minimalist, I didn't think it was a dig at me, just wanted to know what you knew that I didn't.

Surfingringo, thanks I have now decided to fix it myself. Thanks for all the info guys!

I used one of those snap-on sand filled mallets to straighten the blade. One thing is sure, it bends REALLY easy. I think I'm used to Benchmades. It's fairly straight, but will never get it perfect as was posted above.

So I get the blade straight enough for me, close the blade and it's so off center, it's almost rubbing the liner. I opened the blade and tapped it lightly on one side of the blade, and it centered the blade perfectly. It still locks up like new after a slight tightening of the pivot screw.

I now know how delicate the PM 2 is. Like most things, it has a trade off. Slicing ability/strength.

After looking over the warranty, I think your right. I received an email response to send it in with $5. I don't understand why I can't buy a new blade even for $50?
That's their standard reply. If the knife is covered under warranty, the check will be returned to you, if not, the $5 covers part of the cost of returning the knife to you. Simpler that way than having to contact the owner and hold the knife until the check arrives if the damage is not covered.

In your case, it sounds like the blade may be too soft, at least near the tip, and, while I cannot speak for Spyderco, if they tested it and found that to be the case, they'd replace the knife, so you may want to consider returning it for evaluation.

As for the other, it's their policy. Their logic is that they are constantly improving their products, so there's no guarantee a blade (or most other parts) made today would work properly in a knife made at some time in the past. As with their "disassembly void warranty" policy, not everyone agrees with it.

Back