Paring knife question

I don't see these come up in discussions or for sale and in the kitchen cutlery section. I only see the larger chef's knives.
My wife uses Wüsthof Classic paring knives and they have long past their usefulness. Over the last couple of decades, they are now sharpened to spear points good for fishing olives out of a bottle. She really needs a paring knife with a bit of belly but being stubborn she is and nothing changes.
Any suggestions for a paring knife that must have a black handle, must be stainless steel, hand made or off the shelf, that I could put in the block and see if she will work with it?
Don't send me back to Wüsthof because I would like something different.

I really like the Henkels Definition Pairing Knife.

The Yaxell Dragon Fire is another I'd like to try out.

How important is belly? I have this and I love it. I thought they made a more traditional utility point with belly but I am not having luck finding it.

Buck's paring knives seem really nice. They have a choice of two different blade lengths: 4" for $37 or 2 3/4" for $36.

The Zwilling Pro (not 'Professional S') paring knife has a lot of belly but I don't know if it will fit in the slot of your knife block.

It’s not inexpensive but take a look at the Bob Kramer 3 1/2” stainless Damascus paring knife. I have a 5” carbon steel version I like a lot and I’m an old Wusthof man.

I don't see these come up in discussions or for sale and in the kitchen cutlery section. I only see the larger chef's knives.
My wife uses Wüsthof Classic paring knives and they have long past their usefulness. Over the last couple of decades, they are now sharpened to spear points good for fishing olives out of a bottle. She really needs a paring knife with a bit of belly but being stubborn she is and nothing changes.
Any suggestions for a paring knife that must have a black handle, must be stainless steel, hand made or off the shelf, that I could put in the block and see if she will work with it?
It isn't really meant to be a paring knife but i have been using my opinel #8 as a paring knife for a a couple years now, it has the right blade geometry and a comfortable handle as long as you clean it properly a locked opinel would be a decent option.

if you want hand made how about one of mine in S35vn?

try this one. the best $3 knife you would ever spend, fine serration, super sharp, never gets dull, guaranteed!!!!!

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 25
try this one. the best $3 knife you would ever spend, fine serration, super sharp, never gets dull, guaranteed!!!!!
Not sure a serrated blade is really a good substitute for a paring knife there isn't all that overlap in the functionality and unless you are cutting a particularly hard crusted bread there are almost no tasks a serrated edge outperforms a normal edge plus serrated edges do dull so saying it never goes dull is a bit disingenuous.

If your wife uses them. Get her a couple of more Wusthof since she likes them.

I got a couple of knives by buying them for the wife to try out and oops they didn’t work for her but now they’ve been used so I’ll just keep them. She’s figured it out pretty fast.

Warther Cutlery knifes are very nice. Not the cheapest but my wife likes them. She also uses a Great Eastern Cutlery paring knife

Back