Passaround For B&T / Paring Knife

To say I’m dissatisfied with how this is going would be an understatement. It’s been going on for 4 1/2 months, and has been to 5 people, with only 2 reviews posted. Everyone is supposed to keep it for only 2 weeks, then post a review. I guarantee that I will never do this again.

I guess people just don't want to share your work, or let the secret out about it?

or it's just human nature, something about that, like procrastination/etc

do you also look for general users of your knives to do write reviews? I'm thinking about the friction folder.

I guess people just don't want to share your work, or let the secret out about it?

do you also look for general users of your knives to do write reviews? I'm thinking about the friction folder.
The idea of a passaround is to let people get a feel for a new model, do a review with photos, get the word out, kind of like advertising. If they don’t let the secret out I’ll be out of business soon.
I always appreciate reviews on any of my knives, there is also a “Sticky” near the top of this page with some video reviews.

Sorry been working ill be finished tomorrow night. I've meal prepped, stropped even cut some leather. It feels beautiful in the hand. Even my wife and oldest son love it. If you want me to make a sheath on the house to continue around I won't be able to ship till next week weds time frame

Are you ready to test this one next?

Are you ready to test this one next?

I'd be glad to review the friction folders, if that's what you mean?

I do need to warn you, I spent YEARS (fricking YEARS) studying what they call "critical thinking"

so, I may have some thing to say ;)

it will be overwhelmingly positive, because I do love these two knives, but any review I write may include some comments that make you chuckle

I do need to warn you, I spent YEARS (fricking YEARS) studying what they call "critical thinking"

it will be overwhelmingly positive, because I do love these two knives, but any review I write may include some comments that make you chuckle
I thought you asked to be in the paring knife passaround, maybe I was confused.

@Hijo, just use some laymen terms for us less sophisticated folks to enjoy the review!! :D I guess it is a little confusing since we are in the B&T/Paring thread. I would love to see a good review of the FF....and the B&T too.

Last edited:
I thought you asked to be in the paring knife passaround, maybe I was confused.

Ah, yes that would be awesome

I saw FF and thought friction folder

Definitely still game to write a pass around review for the B&T/pairing knife though :)

only ask is a heads up as to knife's ETA

p.s. the friction folders work great for cutting the odd lemon, btw :confused::p

I like how o1 patinas a lot, more like 1080, 1095 or 52100 than a2, spicy white or 8670 - at least to my untrained eyes

Last edited:
I have not seen any updates, disappointing.

I agree. I don't understand why you have so much bad luck on passarounds.

I thought the rules were pretty well spelled out.

I enjoy passarounds and like them as I can coon-finger a knife without having to first buy it, and it is a privilege to be able to do so and as part of that privilege one must post a review or reviews on the knife so others can see the reviewers thoughts.

It just does not seem that hard. If your life is too busy to take a hour to cut up supper with a knife, take a few pictures, and post a couple dozen words about the knife, stop signing up for the darn things.

Stepping down from my soapbox now.

best

mqqn

Back