Passaround in future?

Hey Christof,

Do you have any plans for something new to spring outta your head and possibly onto a passaround list? :thumbup:

Passaround is heading to connecticut for first stop, I'm working on it, should be done in hopefully a week :D

It's a leuku pattern BC, medium sized.

No idea. I think Tony or Big Mike are going to play manager, have to check my notes

I'd like to get in on it too.
Its still hunting season here so it might get some blood on it. :)

Hey, I'm just as excited and suprised as the rest of you guys. If Christof does ask me to run it; I'd be honored.

okay, i know you do some CT local gatherings, my thought was to start there. I really have no idea how these things work, but as soon as it is done, I'll send it tony's way :D

Ha haHA! I started something, I guess. I talked to Tony and he's totally down with this. He set the one up for Andy (Fiddleback) and it has started smoothly, if a bit slow, but what can ya expect with Thanksgiving and Xmas getting in the way. LOL.

Ha haHA! I started something, I guess. I talked to Tony and he's totally down with this. He set the one up for Andy (Fiddleback) and it has started smoothly, if a bit slow, but what can ya expect with Thanksgiving and Xmas getting in the way. LOL.

Yeah dude, I think the time of year definately has something to do with it. In the spring and summer months I feel people get out more and have more daylight to use the knife. So more people were using during the week. I have noticed alot of these winter passarounds go a lil slower as most of the guys wait till the weekend to use the knife. When I started that passaround the plan was to get it in 2 peoples hands every week, but it's looking like 1 a week due to the reasons I just gave. Oh well. I just wish people put up their reviews and pics in a timely manner!

Let me know when your ready Christoff and I will get with on rules etc.

141-1.jpg

141-2.jpg

141-3.jpg

141-4.jpg

OMG, BLACK CANVAS!?!?!?!?! Well, I figured I'd do something different.

Koyote Girl is workin on the sheath and then off to Tony

Looks like a neat blade! I think your wood handles look cooler, but this one doesn't look bad at all. I'm a sucker for canvas micarta.

Well, I don't like to trim fingernails with a convex, though I do it sometimes in blade testing. But sure, have at the deer and horse hooves!

There is going to be another passaround after this one for spring or summer that will include a nice wood handle, but I really wanted to try out black canvas micarta. (In the end I like tan better, but this is pretty cool stuff)

Looking good Christof, :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the shape of that blade. :cool:

How about some specs? :confused:

"If you're not living on the edge, …you're taking up too much space."

Big Mike

But yer gonna see it in a couple weeks!

okay, okay- standard blade type, .095 15N20 steel, differentially tempered. Convex ground with a pretty long belly. 9 3/8 OAL, 4.75 inch blade. beefy handle, comes in a hair over 7/8 thick. Blade is broad, just over 1 3/8.

Oh, despite the photos, throwing is usually not a normal part of knife use on a bushcrafter :D

Wow, that’s bigger (and wider) then I thought (based on the photos), :eek:

…sounds awesome to me. :thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

"If you're not living on the edge, …you're taking up too much space."

Big Mike

Back