Patina contest Win shop credit!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
....there is that.......while rummaging in the pile I found a mouldy old knife with ResC that I can't remember buying as well...... :D

that’s funny, I vaguely remember buying, not necessarily mouldy, old knife with Res-C and I’ve never seen it...

that’s funny, I vaguely remember buying, not necessarily mouldy, old knife with Res-C and I’ve never seen it...
...... Strange that........but if the one you bought was not mouldy I am guessing they are not one and the same..... ;)

The only time I saw the knife was in seller’s pics, it wasn’t mouldy then... guess I should not have relied on your ‘safekeeping service’...

My new dog spot.............

DS.jpg

DS1.jpg

DS3.jpg

It's like a bubble bath. Or rain drops on an oil slick. Somethin cool like that.

The only time I saw the knife was in seller’s pics, it wasn’t mouldy then... guess I should not have relied on your ‘safekeeping service’...
...... I can only think that you were duped and they shipped you this no name made in Pakistan with a truck tyre handle knife as opposed to what you actually signed up for !!!

Now that is a unique patina if I have ever seen one... how in the world did you accomplish this... I know I know a magician never reveals his secrets!!!

Another experiment that turned out pretty unique............I'll bring you up to speed in a few days as I'm on the road till Sunday.

Nothing special, but the darkened patina really looks good in person -
20201202_144945.jpg

best

mqqn

I have a tall whacker le on the way just makin a pit stop for some kydex. .. vinegars already warming on the stove for the first force ;)

This one was earned in real life! :D Helped my buddy butcher a deer just before Thanksgiving, then cleaned 10 Kokanee salmon with it last weekend.

The patina is highly unusual, I've never seen anything quite like it, reminds me of a starscape photo of a nebula like you'd see from Hubble. :cool: It was extremely difficult to photograph, this was the best I could do, and it still doesn't do it justice. Not sure what caused it to look like this, maybe fish slime? No idea, but it's pretty awesome. :thumbsup:

IMG_6376.jpg

IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

IMG_6375.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back