Photos Patina thread

No sir, no work done to the blade other than usual sharpening. I think its more the angle of the pic giving the illusion. All tho its the only one I've ever handled so maybe i got lucky! ;):D

Nothing better than patina from a few months to decades of use and memories.
elMEQe4.jpg

I'm rather surprised this thread isn't more lively, given that the majority of this forum seem to be so keen on carbon knives - I like stainless myself ;) perhaps the Carbonites secretly like 'em shiny & unused:D

Here, my Beer Scout that's led a tough life these past years hanging on a nail in the the former kitchen. Now it's moved and thinking of hanging it from an apron to use:) It's certainly not in pristine shape, centre pins cracked both sides, crack on lanyard hole pile side. These cracks mystify me as it has never been dropped or banged:confused: Good patina from citrus cutting for drinks but brass bleed/verdigris has taken hold. It has to be the chemicals in my sweat as air pollution here is very low indeed, if it's brass and I touch it it greens :eek: But, it's a nice old workhorse with great W&T:thumbsup:

IZCiCP0.jpg

Back