• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Paulo Balzano

Screenshot_2017-08-12-21-39-09.png

Knifehaterz has been trying to warn the community about him but nobody wants to listen (to him).

PS: shit like this... Makes me glad I'm financing my own CNC. Kickstarter is dangerous.

I would be shocked if anyone ever receives a knife from this guy.

My guess would be that production hasn't even begun on these knives.

At best he's a poor outsourcer rather than an actual knife maker.

I don't understand how guys like this can scam people repeatedly and still have "customers" defending them, and making excuses, and even just buying his line of crap??? We have Google now, so there's no excuse to punch in a name to make sure a result like this doesn't pop up. People on Instagram seem to be the worst offenders, getting lured by filtered artsy shots of stuff the photographer will never even carry or use, making them think they need trinkets to get more Insta-cred... I'm young enough to get how a fad like that catches on, but old enough to understand you always need to vet your sources before handing over a payment. Claiming how easy it is to get a refund through whatever other source seems to be a big enough reason for people not to do any research. That should be a last resort, not a selling point! I hope this Balzano clown gets what he deserves.

Here is Balzano's latest "update" (the first since May 4th): https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-classically-inspired-modern-ar/posts/2001770

It's one of the most arrogant, obnoxious, and disingenuous things I've read in quite a while.

Mind you, this is 9.5 months after his December 15th, 2016 update, which read, in part: "Baring and delays I should have the knives back from that laser engravers in order to ship on time. ... Once the knives are back all that is left is sharpening and cleaning and they will be ready to go."

Here is Balzano's latest "update" (the first since May 4th): https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-classically-inspired-modern-ar/posts/2001770

It's one of the most arrogant, obnoxious, and disingenuous things I've read in quite a while.

Mind you, this is 9.5 months after his December 15th, 2016 update, which read, in part: "Baring and delays I should have the knives back from that laser engravers in order to ship on time. ... Once the knives are back all that is left is sharpening and cleaning and they will be ready to go."

^ +1
I particularly enjoyed reading this clown's, contrived selective question and answer dialogued style update. This guy is a complete & utter, delusional nutcase! Any person in the knife community, that has the ability to process this knowledge...and then proceeds to still do business with this guy, deserves all the grief they get.

Q: Can I get a refund?
A: No, but you can sell the knife on the secondary market after you receive it and probably make almost double what you paid for it here, or i'll put you in contact with one of the 65 people who have contacted me asking to buy one since the campaign ended.

Q: Did you run off to Mexico with our money?
A: Yes. Even though my Instagram cleverly makes it appear as if Vosofferyn and I moved our shop from Orange to Los Angeles and are making progress on both campaigns.

Q: Why are you making other products when you aren't done with the Mars knives?
A: Because I still have to make a living to keep the lights on so If I need to split my focus now and then thats what I'll do.

Q: Do you have a substance abuse problem?
A: Yes, Nicotine. I've also come to terms with the possibility that I may be a sex addict ;)

^ Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Another great set of responses from Paulo Balzano. Keep in mind these are Q&A which he has time to review and proof read before posting and still this level of disrespect for his customers and ego that is out of this world. I have yet to see a single Paulo Balzano knife resell for table price, let alone have any secondary value.

^ +1
I particularly enjoyed reading this clown's, contrived selective question and answer dialogued style update. This guy is a complete & utter, delusional nutcase! Any person in the knife community, that has the ability to process this knowledge...and then proceeds to still do business with this guy, deserves all the grief they get.

Q: Can I get a refund?
A: No, but you can sell the knife on the secondary market after you receive it and probably make almost double what you paid for it here, or i'll put you in contact with one of the 65 people who have contacted me asking to buy one since the campaign ended.

Q: Did you run off to Mexico with our money?
A: Yes. Even though my Instagram cleverly makes it appear as if Vosofferyn and I moved our shop from Orange to Los Angeles and are making progress on both campaigns.

Q: Why are you making other products when you aren't done with the Mars knives?
A: Because I still have to make a living to keep the lights on so If I need to split my focus now and then thats what I'll do.

Q: Do you have a substance abuse problem?
A: Yes, Nicotine. I've also come to terms with the possibility that I may be a sex addict ;)

^ Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Here is the best part:

"One last thing. To the vast majority of backers who remain supportive I am forever grateful and if time permits i'm going to put something extra in your package as a token of sincere appreciation. On the other hand, for backers who find it necessary to post comments filled with negative bull shit or who send me rude direct messages over Instagram like "UPDATE?" or "WTF is taking so long" will be put to the back of the line and their knives will go out last."

Classy guy for sure.

There is zero evidence to suggest that this guy has ever made a knife.

I have no clue why people keep giving him money.

No one will ever get a knife from him.

Back