Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
#1the white one and the one in the middle are unfinished. The one on the right is a composite of burlap fibers and torn canvas. The white ones are a mixture of resin and grout powder. It's very very hard and almost looks like antler of if you've ever seen a cross section of one.
IMG_20181019_200722.jpg

Ask about these of if y'all want

And I have 8 bare ferros and a plethora of random bits I could create something from.
[/QUOTE]

If anyone wants one made from the scrap box of materials I'll be wIlling to do so as soon as I get moved into my house and settled. Might be a few weeks until they got done though. Ferro rods C & D are taken

Current Items up for grabs
  1. M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
  2. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  3. Case hunter@sbh06 post #709
  4. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  5. le thiers & wenger from @rob308 #765
  6. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  7. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from @sabre cat post #820
  8. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  9. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladin post #1068
  10. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
  11. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
  12. CRKT Tighe from @dkb45 post #1246
  13. CRKT Squid from @arrowhd post #1366
  14. Schrade viper, opinel 8 M McFeeli post #1404 and vid of schrade #1406
  15. Binlun wrist watch from bikerector bikerector post #1459
  16. Tighe Rod from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1514 pics #783
  17. kershaw ferrite from @Earl1 post #1495
  18. Esee Avispa CF/D2 from @Turth post #1529
  19. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 from @Impulse600 post # 1556
  20. Winchester hunter & CRKT spew from @AlwaysTomboy post # 1563
  21. Buck X-Tract Essential #0735PLS-B Cat. 3181 from @sabre cat post #1590
  22. Schrade old timer 940tw, Buck 525 T, 2 safety cutters from @PWatkins post #1608
  23. SOG Seal pup from @bralexander post #1672
  24. Bear and Son 3 1/2 Stag Delrin Trapper and Condor Swamp Romper from @Pearly_Baker post #1730
  25. Cortland Fly Reel from @bralexander post #1748
  26. SOG Vulcan from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1807
  27. Kershaw amphibian from @jaseman post #1855
  28. Camillus CUDA & pocket 8x20 monocular/microscope from @WValtakis post #1876
  29. Android tattooed tiger 50 mm automatic watch from @Methuselah post #1895
  30. Spyderco Moran fixed from F fishiker post #1922
  31. Buck Paklite Caper w/ custom sheath from @bralexander post #1952
  32. Kershaw Amplitude 2.5, CRKT Lake 111, Kershaw Shuffle, SOG Seal Pup with sheath, & Byrd Meadowlark 2 G10 from C Chris Still post #1961
  33. Block of Ebony wood from @needler420 post #2003 & 2023
  34. Case Russ lock with belt sheath from @gonebad395 post #2041
  35. 2010 Case XX limited edition crimson bone humpback stockman from @wroughndt post #2073
  36. Free sharpening on wicked edge from @Bobadilla004 post #2068
  37. buck 110 offered by chuck4570 chuck4570 post #2076 and 2150
  38. Basic membership from @Earl1 post #2077
  39. Small Maxpedition bag, FiiO E12A headphone amplifier, Warne quick release scope mounts, Amazon Fire stick, and Iron Bull 2.5 fat grips from @WillB post #2115
  40. G. Sakai Archestral w/ 154 steel from joeldworkin307 joeldworkin307 post #2117
  41. Ferro rods made by Redbusa06 Redbusa06 post #2163
  42. Cold steel swift and punisher clip for spyderco military from bikerector bikerector post #2152
Upcoming PIF's
  • None
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • None
List Version:
- Updated 10/20/18 7:45AM EST​

Just wanted to give you a quick update! My niece is LOVING the Juni that @Lee D sent! We didn't end up having a sheath made or making one together as her mom had the idea of her making one to work towards her leatherworking badge. :) We're waiting to hear if it's approved because the local council retired the badge awhile back.

I know Lee didn't require a pay it forward, but I'd like to pass the buck along... And since the generosity came from this thread, I figured I'd give you all the first heads up. On November 1st in this forum (GKD) I'm going to host a two part Thanksgiving give-a-way. The first part will be open to all unpaid members (above a certain post count) and will feature a free Gold membership and two Basic memberships. The second part will only be open to paying members and members with a certain (much higher) post count and will feature a BNIB Spyderco V-TOKU2 Delica and a yet to be determined piece of maintenance equipment (likely a Smith's Tri-Hone or Wiha screwdriver kit).

Id say the Wiha kit would be a great give away quality tools for maintenance is important and something people often seem to lack.

Deciding this needs to go to another kid who needs a hunting knife. Well carried, mildly used buck 118 with a combo edge and newly replaced sheath. Pommel has a few dings because I dropped this out of my pocket more than I actually used it because I didn't wesr belts until high school.

I'm not requesting a PIF but it needs to go to younger person and a strong preference for someone who doesn't have a hunting knife already. Doesn't need to be your kid or family, friends kids or whatever is fine too. Bring it as a prize for a hunter safety course or the like even.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow when I'm at a computer again and can geab the links from imgur.

Edit for pics:
YfwyIiml.jpg

l3qrm78l.jpg

cnvWYk0l.jpg

Last edited:
bikerector, with your approval I would like to claim the Buck 118. I would like to use this along with a Lansky knife sharpener as a prize for our clubs Jr. Archery program. I know that no PIF is required but I would offer up a PIF with the same stipulation as you that the knife I put up would have to go to a youngster. I’m thinking a nice pocket folder to like a small Buck stockman.

Chuck

bikerector, with your approval I would like to claim the Buck 118. I would like to use this along with a Lansky knife sharpener as a prize for our clubs Jr. Archery program. I know that no PIF is required but I would offer up a PIF with the same stipulation as you that the knife I put up would have to go to a youngster. I’m thinking a nice pocket folder to like a small Buck stockman.

Chuck

I can get on with that. PM or email me at c.rector at live.com and I'll get that boxed up mailed this week or weekend.

BellaBlades BellaBlades here is a link to an album. The knife has been banging around in my jeep prety much since I got it. Some marks ont he button and some blemishes in the blade finish on one side but nothing beyond minor cosmetic stuff. Sheath material is all 100% intact and blade and handle show no signs of wear other than blade finish. I actually found the box in my attic the other day too. Go figure.

https://imgur.com/a/WCiCoV5

I'd like to try that puppy out then. Please send your email to my profile .

I got the Schatt and Morgan from McFeeli last week. Came pristine, so I stuck the blades into an old orange and forced a beautiful patina. This is going to get some pocket time.

View attachment 1008984

It looks good! It definitely deserved a patina. I almost felt bad for leaving it out of my pocket for as long as I had it, it was just a bit bigger than I like to carry. I hope it serves you well!

joeldworkin307 joeldworkin307 that looks great. I saw the picture first and thought "that's a lot of patina from what I remembered seeing" and sure looked at that picture a lot. Love a good patina.

This PIF wasn’t required by bikerector bikerector but I like the idea. I claimed a Buck 118 from him with the stipulation that it goes to a youth that doesn’t have a knife or is in need of. I pick it up as a prize at JR. Archery.

Chuck
upload_2018-10-26_12-49-30.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back