1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. noob93

noob93

Feb 6, 2016
    Hey guys things have been pretty busy for me the past couple months. To the point that I havent even gotten around to assembling the knife I received lol. I was thinking if its okay with everyone maybe i could pass the knife i received on to my old man who couls really use a decent knife. If thats cool I will post some pics of him with the knife once he gets it. Just let me know what you guys think.

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  2. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010

NO NO NO - the rule specifically states you have to keep your PIF and absolutely not be a real nice guy and pass it on to someone you love who could use a great knife. Man oh man noob93, you are messing with TRADITION here. :D

But you do what you must do. I'll get your back :thumbsup: ;)

Ray

3. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I’m 106% sure that everyone here will be fine with you doing that.

4. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    The wishes of the thread was that a knife claimed isn't sold.

5. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Yeah, this really seems like a PiFF (Pay it Forward...Forward) situation. Where you pay it forward... and then even further forward to the point where you are out the physical item, but gain the satisfaction of having given away said item to one who needs it even more than you do... Sounds legit to me!:D

Lapedog likes this.
  6. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I have to put this back up. Really a love/hate on this one. Really neat design and a really cool look and felt good in the hand for some basic tests but once I took it in the woods this weekend for some tougher media the handle was just too thin.

This would make a really nice hunting knife or bushcraft knife for someone with smaller hands. I really dig the thinner steel in a time when it seems like everyone is making things really thick and compensating for it with tall blades and long grinds akin to a kitchen knife. I could see loving this thing for EDC as the handle thickness makes it carry really well, my hand just can't take it for what I wanted it for. Probably the nicest condor I've tried (mostly machetes) in terms of fit and finish and "wow" factor. It's actually pretty comfortable in all grips but hammer but that's the big one for me when debarking wood and cutting notches. Would make a really nice accessory knife or setup in a piggyback system since it lays pretty flat. Also loved the ring it made coming off the end of the wood. There's something nice about the springy sound of a nice thin steel blade, similar to a machete's song.

Condor kephart. Has a FFG though I always thought these were scandi from the pics because of the black paint in stock photos.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  7. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    Current Items up for grabs
    1. M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
    2. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
    3. Case [email protected] post #709
    4. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
    5. le thiers & wenger from @rob308 #765
    6. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
    7. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from @sabre cat post #820
    8. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
    9. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladin post #1068
    10. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
    11. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
    12. CRKT Tighe from @dkb45 post #1246
    13. CRKT Squid from @arrowhd post #1366
    14. Binlun wrist watch from @bikerector post #1459
    15. Tighe Rod from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1514 pics #783
    16. kershaw ferrite from @Earl1 post #1495
    17. Esee Avispa CF/D2 from @Turth post #1529
    18. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 from @Impulse600 post # 1556
    19. Winchester hunter & CRKT spew from @AlwaysTomboy post # 1563
    20. Buck X-Tract Essential #0735PLS-B Cat. 3181 from @sabre cat post #1590
    21. Schrade old timer 940tw, Buck 525 T, 2 safety cutters from @PWatkins post #1608
    22. Bear and Son 3 1/2 Stag Delrin Trapper and Condor Swamp Romper from @Pearly_Baker post #1730
    23. Cortland Fly Reel from @bralexander post #1748
    24. SOG Vulcan from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1807
    25. Kershaw amphibian from @jaseman post #1855
    26. Camillus CUDA & pocket 8x20 monocular/microscope from @WValtakis post #1876
    27. Android tattooed tiger 50 mm automatic watch from @Methuselah post #1895
    28. Spyderco Moran fixed from @fishiker post #1922
    29. Buck Paklite Caper w/ custom sheath from @bralexander post #1952
    30. Kershaw Amplitude 2.5, CRKT Lake 111, Kershaw Shuffle, SOG Seal Pup with sheath, & Byrd Meadowlark 2 G10 from @Chris Still post #1961
    31. Block of Ebony wood from @needler420 post #2003 & 2023
    32. Case Russ lock with belt sheath from @gonebad395 post #2041
    33. 2010 Case XX limited edition crimson bone humpback stockman from @wroughndt post #2073
    34. Free sharpening on wicked edge from @Bobadilla004 post #2068
    35. buck 110 offered by @chuck4570 post #2076 and 2150
    36. Basic membership from @Earl1 post #2077
    37. Small Maxpedition bag, FiiO E12A headphone amplifier, Warne quick release scope mounts, Amazon Fire stick, and Iron Bull 2.5 fat grips from @WillB post #2115
    38. G. Sakai Archestral w/ 154 steel from @joeldworkin307 post #2117
    39. Ferro rods made by @Redbusa06 post #2163
    40. Cold steel swift and punisher clip for spyderco military from @bikerector post #2152
    41. Timex expedition watch by @BellaBlades post #2127
    42. *Buck lockback and Gerber multitool *only available to a you in need of some tools. Can be gifted for a prize to an event for kids. @chuck4570 post #2179
    43. Condor kephart by @bikerector post #2186
    44. Cold steel battle shades by @Meshach post #2188
    Upcoming PIF's
    • None
    Unfinished (PIF) Business
    • None
    List Version:
    - Updated 10/28/18 10:20PM EST​

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Smaug and BellaBlades like this.
  8. StrangeDaze

StrangeDaze Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2016
    I would like The schrade viper and opinel

And would like to offer cold steel battle shades, they are like new but missing the side shields

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BellaBlades likes this.
  9. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    That’d be mine. Your offer is sounds reasonable to me. Send me your email in a profile post(or put it here quick and edit it out) and I’ll get all your information to ship them off. May not be able to tomorrow, but Tuesday would be the absolute latest I would.

StrangeDaze likes this.
  10. StrangeDaze

StrangeDaze Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Cool, sent a profile message.
    No worries, tuesday would be fine.

McFeeli likes this.
  11. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Bikerector the BUCK 118 came in the mail today, thank you very much this will make a nice prize for some youngster at the club. Your pictures didn’t do it justice, it’s nicer than the pictures show.

Chuck

cchu518 and bikerector like this.
  12. Minirehak212

Minirehak212 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 1, 2018
    If it's alright I'd like to claim this. What I have to put up is a couple of Fällkniven pocket stones, CC4 and DC4
    [​IMG]
    I only used them once. Got these with the hopes of learning how to freehand and well you can see how that turned out

Methuselah and bikerector like this.
  13. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013

I love it. I will have it shipped by Monday. Maybe as soon as tomorrow :)

Send me a PM with your shipping info.

Minirehak212 likes this.
  14. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Might be shooting you a message on these. Been meaning to pick up a DC4...

Minirehak212 likes this.
  15. Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Well you got first dibs :)
    If you decide just let me know

16. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Haha, thx. Just sent you a msg to figure out what I have to PiF for em.

17. Deinos

Feb 7, 2016
    Alright, taking these bad boys and offering up an Ontario Rat 1 in D2. Picked it up barely used/LNIB off the exchange and ended up doing the same (think I tested the edge on some mail and telephone book paper and then it sat in my drawer). Ended up getting a couple other hard workers shortly after (GB1 among others) and never carried this one. Figure someone else should get a chance to see how ridiculously good these are for the price.

[​IMG]

uxo2, arrowhd, knoefz and 2 others like this.
  18. Chris Still

Chris Still Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2018
    The SOG Seal Pup from my offering has been claimed and shipped.

BellaBlades likes this.
  19. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013

Your watch is shipped . 2 Day Priority. Photo of tracking sent to your inbox.

20. Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Stones were just shipped and tracking number sent to you

Deinos likes this.