1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 4 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade Limited Edition 319DLC-1801 Proper, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 26!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    The benchmade isn't on the list so I doubt it's available unless it's missed from the list that dsalizar is maintaining at the moment. The modified knife from VWalktakis is not on the list.

Thank you for taking the requests to the "want to buy" section of the forum. You're welcome to keep checking the list as new things come and go but we simply cannot allow someone to make requests or trade offers in this thread or it will be shut down like prior ones have. If that is a buzzkill, so be it. Those are the rules and I would prefer we help other become aware of them before the mods do.

Something else to consider, as I don't know if you can even see it, is that there is a section specific to trades but I think you have to have a basic paid membership for that.

Chris Still and sbh06 like this.
  2. cchu518

cchu518 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I was a porta pro and Pioneer guy myself. Bluetooth simple one step process syncs to your phone. They are also sweat proof and rain resistant.

3. dsalazar

dsalazar Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2017
    The have shifted on the list #7 and #41 now. bralexander is sending me the buck packlite and i have added some items.

bikerector likes this.
  4. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    I'll take the shaving set, I'll be putting back up the Böker 4000 stag Lockback:)
    I'll grab some current pics tomorrow morning

~Chip

Methuselah and dsalazar like this.
  5. SunnyHours

SunnyHours

Nov 28, 2017
    The "BuzzKill" I mentioned Really wasn't meant as an attack/insult...at least not in this case. Being a/the Buzzkill at a Party can be an insult...but for the person who's in charge of keeping the house/venue reasonably clean, it's something Necessary sometimes...Especially in your position...if anything it was a compliment since you actually resolved the issue without having to make threats or act like an ass for no reason + nobodies' feelings were hurt and your message was well received by everyone...

So all in all, you've done a very good job...
    P.S: a Mod that's a Buzzkill kinda goes into the job description. There's a lot worse than being a Buzzkill...(I know and have known quite a few Mods that were real assholes with absolutely no Tact whatsoever...the worst of them would actually be fishing for some drama and when someone would talk back or insult them back, and if you don't they'll do whatever to make you become pissed off and annoyed until you "burst" and treat them like normal people (non-mods) and tell them what deserves to be said, just so they can Ban you and toy with you about the Ban. What's disgusting is that they Enjoy it. A Lot!
    If I wasn't so poor I'd buy you a beer for being one of the good ones!

Cheers, and sorry for the long text, I just wanted to make things clear and all...
    Fred.

6. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    T
    Thanks for the response and I probably read into that a bit harsh the first time. The clarification is appreciated.

Being your situation is that it is, the collective has pretty much accepted anything to be offered as a PIF as long as the person you're trying to claim an item from accepts the deal. The basic standard is that whatever is offered is of similar or greater value than what's being claimed.

Let me dig around and maybe I have something I can gift you instead, if you're willing to accept. I know I have a few traditionals and I have one specifically in mind that needs a home. Put a post on my profile and we can move things to email and off of this thread if you would be willing to accept. I'm thinking, to keep it in the spirit of this thread, when things start getting better that you pay the kindness forward to someone else with a favor, a knife, or whatever.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    19-3ben likes this.
  7. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I want to get some budget items into the mix.

Up for PIF is a Ka-Bar Dosier folding hunter model # 4062, sporting green scales and a black blade. If you have never tried one of these budget folders, you owe it to yourself to carry one. They truly are a fantastic knife for the money. The one offered is used and will make a great back up or loaner blade.

I was planning to strip the blade finish but, have just never gotten around to it. It could use a good sharpening. Also, it has been modified by adding a standard Benchmade thumb stud instead of the one offered by Ka-Bar. I will provide the OEM stud if I can find it.

Will ship for free within the United States.

8. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Second PIF budget item is a Leatherman Micra multi-tool. It is in excellent shape but needs a good cleaning.

Will ship for free within the the US. Willing to combine with Dozier knife, if desired.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  9. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Up for PIF is a Wenger pattern 61 Soldier knife, with bail. Manufactured in 1997, this folder features the newer style Swiss cross against a red shield.

The Alox scales show a lot of wear but, amazingly, the main blade is just about perfect. Other tools do show some wear.

Will ship for free within the US. Willing to combine with Leatherman listed above, if desired.

Edit: I also have a second Wenger that is in much better shape but the bail has been removed. You can have it instead, if you wish. I can even switch the bail over if you would like.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  10. Chris Still

Chris Still

Apr 5, 2018
  11. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I'd say that's a go!
    Send me note with your mailing info and post this one as a for certain here in the PIF.
    You can reach me HERE.

Thanks. Ray

12. Chris Still

Chris Still

Apr 5, 2018
    Awesome, thanks! Mail sent.

13. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    @Methuselah , still waiting to hear back if this is acceptable?

Current pic, I did thin it down to .010" bte which removed the etch but it's a wicked slicer now. Rock solid lockup with no play:thumbsup:

IMG_20190114_120135.jpg

~Chip

Methuselah likes this.
  14. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
    Great ... replied and preparing to ship to you .,.,
    I do love that Boker 4K.. I'll claim it and put up the following
    Two more nice shaving soaps..
    A Kabar USMC mk II
    Screenshot_20190114-143559_Gallery[1].jpg Screenshot_20190114-142844_Gallery[1].jpg

15. dsalazar

dsalazar Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Current Items up for grabs
    1. M7 bayonetfrom @sabre cat post #451
    2. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
    3. Case hunter @sbh06 post #709
    4. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308post #741
    5. le thiers & wenger from @rob308 #765
    6. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
    7. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
    8. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladinpost #1068
    9. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
    10. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
    11. CRKT Tighe from @dkb45 post #1246
    12. CRKT Squid from @arrowhd post #1366
    13. Binlun wrist watch from @bikerector post #1459
    14. Tighe Rod from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1514 pics #783
    15. kershaw ferrite from @Earl1 post #1495
    16. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 from @Impulse600 post #1556
    17. Winchester hunter & CRKT spew from @AlwaysTomboy post #1563
    18. Buck X-Tract Essential #0735PLS-B Cat. 3181 from @sabre cat post #1590
    19. Schrade old timer 940tw, Buck 525 T, 2 safety cutters from @PWatkinspost#1608
    20. Cortland Fly Reel from @bralexanderpost #1748
    21. Kershaw amphibian from @jaseman post #1855
    22. Camillus CUDA & pocket 8x20monocular/[email protected] post #1876
    23. Android tattooed tiger 50 mm automatic watch from @Methuselah post #1895
    24. Kershaw Amplitude 2.5, CRKT Lake 111, Kershaw Shuffle, & Byrd Meadowlark 2 G10 from @Chris Still post #1961
    25. Block of Ebony wood from @needler420post #2003 & 2023
    26. Case Russ lock with belt sheath from @gonebad395 post #2041
    27. 2010 Case XX limited edition crimson bone humpback stockman [email protected] post #2073
    28. Free sharpening on wicked edge from @Bobadilla004 post #2068
    29. buck 110 offered by @chuck4570 post #2076 and 2150
    30. Basic membership from @Earl1 post #2077
    31. Small Maxpedition bag, FiiO E12A headphone amplifier, Warne quick release scope mounts, Amazon Fire stick, and Iron Bull 2.5 fat grips from @WillB post #2115
    32. G. Sakai Archestral w/ 154 steel [email protected] post #2117
    33. Ferro rods made by @Redbusa06 post #2163
    34. *Buck lockback and Gerber multitool *only available to a youth in need of some tools. Can be gifted for a prize to an event for kids. @chuck4570 post #2179
    35. Cold steel battle shades by @Meshachpost #2188
    36. Gerber Dime, CRKT lake kickback,Coldsteel voyager, Rollingstones DVD 2CD combo from @BellaBlades post #2267
    37. D2 hunter with convex grind from DP knives from @bikerector post #2278
    38. Western w82 from @jaseman pics #2299post #2306.
    39. Besttech hornet from @joeldworkin307post #2301
    40. Benchmade afck from @Kreyzhorse post #2317
    41. 2 barlows one sabre and one prov cut co. A camillus electricians and a 4 bladed congressmen style. @dsalazar post #2326
    42. Hinderer xm18 3.5 scale in black/tan, 3 frame screws/nuts/ standoffs, filler tab/screw, 6 teflon washers from @dsalazar post #2327
    43. Remington bullet knife #1178 from @Canvsbk post #2358
    44. Mora knife scandi, uncle henry fixed blade from @Methuselah post #2383
    45. Taotronics wireless earbuds @cchu518 post #2398
    46. Ka-bar dosier folding hunter model 4062 @sabre cat post # 2407
    47. Leatherman micra and Wenger patern 61 soldier @sabre cat post #2409
    48. Tuya talisman @Chris Still post#2410
    Upcoming PIF's
    • None
    Unfinished (PIF) Business
    • None
    List Version:
    - Updated 1/14/19 3:55 pm mountain

16. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Official Soldier claim for @dsalazar 's record. Working with sabre to figure out a good offering for it. Thanks!

17. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    The Wenger is yours my friend. I hope you enjoy it. It is a classic. For the record, I will send you the one in better shape and add an Wenger OEM bail.

FYI, Your knife was manufactured in 2004. The last year that Wenger was an independent supplier to the Swiss military. They merged with Victorinox in 2005.
    I believe that a knife or gun is more enjoyable if there is a story to go with it.

Please post a picture when your knife arrives.

Would you also like the Leatherman or Ka-Bar I also have up for grabs?

Deinos likes this.
  18. Chris Still

Chris Still

Apr 5, 2018
    @sabre cat do you have pics of the dozier or more worn Wenger? And is the dozier as light as it looks?

19. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    I can take the micra if no one else wants it. Can never have enough keychain tools! Damn useful little guys.

Can’t wait to get that soldier in my ksf pocket sheath. Really wish Victorinox would add a bail to the modern pioneer; that sharp key ring attachment is the only thing holding it back.

Will have to give my old pioneer to the wifey for purse carry, maybe it will be her gateway knife into the hobby :D

bikerector likes this.
  20. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    He says with a smile and without considering the need for a new mortgage :( ;) Good luck.

Ray