Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that...
I wasn't "asking for stuff", more like saying what I like in a General Sense...

This is going to be my first Quality Knife so, even if someone offered one of the brands I mentionned, it doesn't mean I'll jump on it...I'm not a Collector.
I have very precise needs as far as what my knife needs to be able to do...
This was just a message meaning that if you aren't getting any hits from anyone, you can PM me if you saw that message...
Or if someone is really cool and they've seen my message and see something I might be interested in being announced they could also PM me to let me know...(and I'm well aware that it's MY duty to look for those "deals", but if someone wants to help me, that's cool too. The way I see it is if I miss an opportunity, then it wasn't for me...).

There's also the fact that the only thing I have to PIF is a rather expensive Custom made Longboard and even though I love the Pass it Forward idea, I'm also unable to work atm so I'm on Welfare until I can be accepted by Disability...so I can't afford to "exchange" it for something that isn't necessarily close in Value to it...

To put it simply, I just put my message there. With absolutely no expectations whatsoever. But it was there in case someone was looking for a Longboard for their kids/nephew or whatever...

But I still didn't get an answer to my Questions about the Benchmade AFCK, or the Very Personalized Blade by Chip aka @VWaltakis

Noted, I'll go to the "Want to Buy" or "Trade" Forum if the need to post another comment of the sort ever arise again, but you were such a Buzzkill that I doubt I'll ever will again...(I don't mean no Disrespect by this...)

The benchmade isn't on the list so I doubt it's available unless it's missed from the list that dsalizar is maintaining at the moment. The modified knife from VWalktakis is not on the list.

Thank you for taking the requests to the "want to buy" section of the forum. You're welcome to keep checking the list as new things come and go but we simply cannot allow someone to make requests or trade offers in this thread or it will be shut down like prior ones have. If that is a buzzkill, so be it. Those are the rules and I would prefer we help other become aware of them before the mods do.

Something else to consider, as I don't know if you can even see it, is that there is a section specific to trades but I think you have to have a basic paid membership for that.

How do you tie them into your system? I am assuming they are Bluetooth.

I have zero experience with wireless headphones. I am a Koss Pro 4A kind of guy.:D For those of yop that are not familiar with the Pro 4s, They were state of the art audio back in the late sixties, early seventies! So, I guess you cam say I'm old school.
I was a porta pro and Pioneer guy myself. Bluetooth simple one step process syncs to your phone. They are also sweat proof and rain resistant.

The benchmade isn't on the list so I doubt it's available unless it's missed from the list that dsalizar is maintaining at the moment. The modified knife from VWalktakis is not on the list.

Thank you for taking the requests to the "want to buy" section of the forum. You're welcome to keep checking the list as new things come and go but we simply cannot allow someone to make requests or trade offers in this thread or it will be shut down like prior ones have. If that is a buzzkill, so be it. Those are the rules and I would prefer we help other become aware of them before the mods do.

Something else to consider, as I don't know if you can even see it, is that there is a section specific to trades but I think you have to have a basic paid membership for that.
The have shifted on the list #7 and #41 now. bralexander is sending me the buck packlite and i have added some items.

. For those of you interested in double edged shaving AKA safety razors I have a new Piccolo razor with a selection of eight different double edge blades and a very nice quality shaving soap from Cold River soap works(not new but full) this is a popular Artesian soap maker, this particular soap is the citrus paradisi. Has a nice Citrus fragrance and a nice post-shave feel, with a razor Rock little Bruce synthetic bristle shave brush. I also will put in a nice shaving bowl if I can find it. ..(Wet Shaving) is better for your skin, and it can be very relaxing rather than just something you have to do, but an enjoyment with the right tools and products. Be warned!! Wet shaving is indeed an entirely new addiction and can be quite expensive.....
Pics...
View attachment 1051169 View attachment 1051170 View attachment 1051172
Thanks Bladeforums
I'll take the shaving set, I'll be putting back up the Böker 4000 stag Lockback:)
I'll grab some current pics tomorrow morning

~Chip

The "BuzzKill" I mentioned Really wasn't meant as an attack/insult...at least not in this case. Being a/the Buzzkill at a Party can be an insult...but for the person who's in charge of keeping the house/venue reasonably clean, it's something Necessary sometimes...Especially in your position...if anything it was a compliment since you actually resolved the issue without having to make threats or act like an ass for no reason + nobodies' feelings were hurt and your message was well received by everyone...

So all in all, you've done a very good job...
P.S: a Mod that's a Buzzkill kinda goes into the job description. There's a lot worse than being a Buzzkill...(I know and have known quite a few Mods that were real assholes with absolutely no Tact whatsoever...the worst of them would actually be fishing for some drama and when someone would talk back or insult them back, and if you don't they'll do whatever to make you become pissed off and annoyed until you "burst" and treat them like normal people (non-mods) and tell them what deserves to be said, just so they can Ban you and toy with you about the Ban. What's disgusting is that they Enjoy it. A Lot!
If I wasn't so poor I'd buy you a beer for being one of the good ones!

Cheers, and sorry for the long text, I just wanted to make things clear and all...
Fred.

T
The "BuzzKill" I mentioned Really wasn't meant as an attack/insult...at least not in this case. Being a/the Buzzkill at a Party can be an insult...but for the person who's in charge of keeping the house/venue reasonably clean, it's something Necessary sometimes...Especially in your position...if anything it was a compliment since you actually resolved the issue without having to make threats or act like an ass for no reason + nobodies' feelings were hurt and your message was well received by everyone...

So all in all, you've done a very good job...
P.S: a Mod that's a Buzzkill kinda goes into the job description. There's a lot worse than being a Buzzkill...(I know and have known quite a few Mods that were real assholes with absolutely no Tact whatsoever...the worst of them would actually be fishing for some drama and when someone would talk back or insult them back, and if you don't they'll do whatever to make you become pissed off and annoyed until you "burst" and treat them like normal people (non-mods) and tell them what deserves to be said, just so they can Ban you and toy with you about the Ban. What's disgusting is that they Enjoy it. A Lot!
If I wasn't so poor I'd buy you a beer for being one of the good ones!

Cheers, and sorry for the long text, I just wanted to make things clear and all...
Fred.
Thanks for the response and I probably read into that a bit harsh the first time. The clarification is appreciated.

Being your situation is that it is, the collective has pretty much accepted anything to be offered as a PIF as long as the person you're trying to claim an item from accepts the deal. The basic standard is that whatever is offered is of similar or greater value than what's being claimed.

Let me dig around and maybe I have something I can gift you instead, if you're willing to accept. I know I have a few traditionals and I have one specifically in mind that needs a home. Put a post on my profile and we can move things to email and off of this thread if you would be willing to accept. I'm thinking, to keep it in the spirit of this thread, when things start getting better that you pay the kindness forward to someone else with a favor, a knife, or whatever.

Last edited:
I want to get some budget items into the mix.

Up for PIF is a Ka-Bar Dosier folding hunter model # 4062, sporting green scales and a black blade. If you have never tried one of these budget folders, you owe it to yourself to carry one. They truly are a fantastic knife for the money. The one offered is used and will make a great back up or loaner blade.

I was planning to strip the blade finish but, have just never gotten around to it. It could use a good sharpening. Also, it has been modified by adding a standard Benchmade thumb stud instead of the one offered by Ka-Bar. I will provide the OEM stud if I can find it.

Will ship for free within the United States.

Second PIF budget item is a Leatherman Micra multi-tool. It is in excellent shape but needs a good cleaning.

Will ship for free within the the US. Willing to combine with Dozier knife, if desired.

Last edited:
Up for PIF is a Wenger pattern 61 Soldier knife, with bail. Manufactured in 1997, this folder features the newer style Swiss cross against a red shield.

The Alox scales show a lot of wear but, amazingly, the main blade is just about perfect. Other tools do show some wear.

Will ship for free within the US. Willing to combine with Leatherman listed above, if desired.

Edit: I also have a second Wenger that is in much better shape but the bail has been removed. You can have it instead, if you wish. I can even switch the bail over if you would like.

Last edited:
RayseM RayseM do you still have the sowbelly from post 2290? If so, how do you think a Tuya Talisman would hold up for PIF value as an offering? Its just been riding in my Jeep console since I got it so its practically new. Aus8 steel, bearing flipper with a great action. Its just bigger than I usually like. Someone else will love it.

https://bladeforums.com/threads/pay-it-forward-yes-were-doing-this-again.1582646/page-115

gXMaAnq.jpg

Udr0WSm.jpg

RayseM RayseM do you still have the sowbelly from post 2290? If so, how do you think a would hold up for PIF value as an offering? Its just been riding in my Jeep console since I got it so its practically new. Aus8 steel, bearing flipper with a great action. Its just bigger than I usually like. Someone else will love it.

https://bladeforums.com/threads/pay-it-forward-yes-were-doing-this-again.1582646/page-115

gXMaAnq.jpg

Udr0WSm.jpg

I'd say that's a go!
Send me note with your mailing info and post this one as a for certain here in the PIF.
You can reach me HERE.

Thanks. Ray

I'll take the shaving set, I'll be putting back up the Böker 4000 stag Lockback:)

~Chip
Methuselah Methuselah , still waiting to hear back if this is acceptable?

Current pic, I did thin it down to .010" bte which removed the etch but it's a wicked slicer now. Rock solid lockup with no play:thumbsup:

IMG_20190114_120135.jpg

~Chip

~Chip
Great ... replied and preparing to ship to you .,.,
I do love that Boker 4K.. I'll claim it and put up the following
Two more nice shaving soaps..
A Kabar USMC mk II
Screenshot_20190114-143559_Gallery[1].jpg Screenshot_20190114-142844_Gallery[1].jpg

Current Items up for grabs
  1. M7 bayonetfrom sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  2. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  3. Case hunter @sbh06 post #709
  4. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308post #741
  5. le thiers & wenger from @rob308 #765
  6. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  7. Modified lockback,154cm from WValtakis WValtakis post #832
  8. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladinpost #1068
  9. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
  10. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
  11. CRKT Tighe from @dkb45 post #1246
  12. CRKT Squid from @arrowhd post #1366
  13. Binlun wrist watch from bikerector bikerector post #1459
  14. Tighe Rod from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1514 pics #783
  15. kershaw ferrite from @Earl1 post #1495
  16. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 from @Impulse600 post #1556
  17. Winchester hunter & CRKT spew from @AlwaysTomboy post #1563
  18. Buck X-Tract Essential #0735PLS-B Cat. 3181 from sabre cat sabre cat post #1590
  19. Schrade old timer 940tw, Buck 525 T, 2 safety cutters from @PWatkinspost#1608
  20. Cortland Fly Reel from @bralexanderpost #1748
  21. Kershaw amphibian from @jaseman post #1855
  22. Camillus CUDA & pocket 8x20monocular/microscopefrom@WValtakis post #1876
  23. Android tattooed tiger 50 mm automatic watch from Methuselah Methuselah post #1895
  24. Kershaw Amplitude 2.5, CRKT Lake 111, Kershaw Shuffle, & Byrd Meadowlark 2 G10 from C Chris Still post #1961
  25. Block of Ebony wood from @needler420post #2003 & 2023
  26. Case Russ lock with belt sheath from @gonebad395 post #2041
  27. 2010 Case XX limited edition crimson bone humpback stockman from@wroughndt post #2073
  28. Free sharpening on wicked edge from @Bobadilla004 post #2068
  29. buck 110 offered by @chuck4570 post #2076 and 2150
  30. Basic membership from @Earl1 post #2077
  31. Small Maxpedition bag, FiiO E12A headphone amplifier, Warne quick release scope mounts, Amazon Fire stick, and Iron Bull 2.5 fat grips from @WillB post #2115
  32. G. Sakai Archestral w/ 154 steel from@joeldworkin307 post #2117
  33. Ferro rods made by @Redbusa06 post #2163
  34. *Buck lockback and Gerber multitool *only available to a youth in need of some tools. Can be gifted for a prize to an event for kids. @chuck4570 post #2179
  35. Cold steel battle shades by @Meshachpost #2188
  36. Gerber Dime, CRKT lake kickback,Coldsteel voyager, Rollingstones DVD 2CD combo from BellaBlades BellaBlades post #2267
  37. D2 hunter with convex grind from DP knives from bikerector bikerector post #2278
  38. Western w82 from @jaseman pics #2299post #2306.
  39. Besttech hornet from @joeldworkin307post #2301
  40. Benchmade afck from @Kreyzhorse post #2317
  41. 2 barlows one sabre and one prov cut co. A camillus electricians and a 4 bladed congressmen style. D dsalazar post #2326
  42. Hinderer xm18 3.5 scale in black/tan, 3 frame screws/nuts/ standoffs, filler tab/screw, 6 teflon washers from D dsalazar post #2327
  43. Remington bullet knife #1178 from @Canvsbk post #2358
  44. Mora knife scandi, uncle henry fixed blade from Methuselah Methuselah post #2383
  45. Taotronics wireless earbuds cchu518 cchu518 post #2398
  46. Ka-bar dosier folding hunter model 4062 sabre cat sabre cat post # 2407
  47. Leatherman micra and Wenger patern 61 soldier sabre cat sabre cat post #2409
  48. Tuya talisman C Chris Still post#2410
Upcoming PIF's
  • None
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • None
List Version:
- Updated 1/14/19 3:55 pm mountain

Up for PIF is a Wenger pattern 61 Soldier knife, with bail. Manufactured in 1997, this folder features the newer style Swiss cross against a red shield.

The Alox scales show a lot of wear but, amazingly, the main blade is just about perfect. Other tools do show some wear.

Will ship for free within the US. Willing to combine with Leatherman listed above, if desired.

Edit: I also have a second Wenger that is in much better shape but the bail has been removed. You can have it instead, if you wish. I can even switch the bail over if you would like.

Official Soldier claim for D dsalazar 's record. Working with sabre to figure out a good offering for it. Thanks!

Official Soldier claim for D dsalazar 's record. Working with sabre to figure out a good offering for it. Thanks!
The Wenger is yours my friend. I hope you enjoy it. It is a classic. For the record, I will send you the one in better shape and add an Wenger OEM bail.

FYI, Your knife was manufactured in 2004. The last year that Wenger was an independent supplier to the Swiss military. They merged with Victorinox in 2005.
I believe that a knife or gun is more enjoyable if there is a story to go with it.

Please post a picture when your knife arrives.

Would you also like the Leatherman or Ka-Bar I also have up for grabs?

The Wenger is yours my friend. I hope you enjoy it. It is a classic. For the record, I will send you the one in better shape and add an Wenger OEM bail.

FYI, Your knife was manufactured in 2004. The last year that Wenger was an independent supplier to the Swiss military. They merged with Victorinox in 2005.
I believe that a knife or gun is more enjoyable if there is a story to go with it.

Please post a picture when your knife arrives.

Would you also like the Leatherman or Ka-Bar I also have up for grabs?
I can take the micra if no one else wants it. Can never have enough keychain tools! Damn useful little guys.

Can’t wait to get that soldier in my ksf pocket sheath. Really wish Victorinox would add a bail to the modern pioneer; that sharp key ring attachment is the only thing holding it back.

Will have to give my old pioneer to the wifey for purse carry, maybe it will be her gateway knife into the hobby :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back