Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I went down that rabbit hole for quite a whilel lol.. GEC, Schrade, Canal St Cutlery, Queen, Case, Rough Rider, Northwoods, Vintage Remington.etc...

For me the Case mini trapper w/single wharnie and the alox Cadet are the very best edc's on the market the mini copperlock comes a close second. For large traditional edcs I think the GEC 72 and regular copperlock are hard to beat.

For slippies I have a hard time not preferring the Cadet over anything else. It's why this TwoSuns didn't get carried. I pocketed it maybe 3 times and the cadet went right back into my pocket.
I hate to say it but, I like the Victorinox Cadet. I carried one for a 30 day challenge and was quite impressed. Would not want anything smaller. The pull on it is light enough that I don't destroy my nails. On paper, the Pioneer/Soldier is best but, real life experience pushes me more towards the Cadet.

Sweet! It hasn't been claimed yet. Let's go with a single knife as it gives folks a chance to try out some of the nicer stuff out there.

After the TwoSuns i'm a huge fan of m390 now as an edc and need to think about what I can pick up down the road in a small package. If the Leek which I was able to try from this thread came as a production G10 scaled knife in elmax vs a sprint run I'd think it was one of the most perfect edcs.

If you can - let us know tonight if you want it and can pif which I'm sure won't be an issue. Send me your address and it will be out tomorrow. I'm sending out Sabre's earbuds tomorrow and some other stuff so I can get the mini knife out same time.
I looked it up and that model is worth about $70. I'll dig through my box and find something worth around that. Consider it claimed, I'll get my end thrown up shortly.

Alright I figured out what I'm putting up. I'm actually put up two knives because I need to clear room, they can be claimed together or separate. First is a Kershaw Blur in BDZ1, black handle tanto variant. It's currently manual, but the torsion bar should be in the box. Second knife is an Exiled Cutlery Kimura style balisong with titanium handles and a polished blade. No pics at the moment but I will be able to get them up soon.

Current Items up for grabs
  1. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath @FOG2 #600
  2. Case hunter @sbh06 #709
  3. Dive knife and tin knife @rob308 #741
  4. le thiers & wenger @rob308 #765
  5. Chive, and case sheeps slippie @FOG2 #776
  6. Modified lockback,154cm @WValtakis #832
  7. CRKT Side Hawg 3 @JupiterPaladin #1068
  8. Kershaw Blackout @(jeff) #1233
  9. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 @PWatkins #1242
  10. CRKT Tighe dkb45 dkb45 #1246
  11. CRKT Squid @arrowhd #1366
  12. Binlun wrist watch bikerector bikerector #1459
  13. Tighe Rod from @T.L.E. Sharp #1514pics #783
  14. kershaw ferrite from @Earl1 #1495
  15. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 @Impulse600 #1556
  16. Winchester hunter & CRKT spew @AlwaysTomboy #1563
  17. Buck X-Tract Essential #0735PLS-B Cat. 3181 sabre cat sabre cat #1590
  18. Schrade old timer 940tw, Buck 525 T, 2 safety cutters @PWatkins #1608
  19. Cortland Fly Reel bralexander bralexander #1748
  20. Kershaw amphibian @jaseman #1855
  21. Camillus CUDA & pocket 8x20 monocular/microscope @WValtakis #1876
  22. Android tattooed tiger 50mm automatic watch @Methuselah #1895
  23. Block of Ebony wood @needler420 #2003 & 2023
  24. Case Russ lock with belt sheath @gonebad395 #2041
  25. 2010 Case XX limited edition crimson bone humpback stockman @wroughndt #2073
  26. Free sharpening on wicked edge @Bobadilla004 #2068
  27. buck 110 offered chuck4570 chuck4570 #2076and 2150
  28. Basic membership @Earl1 #2077
  29. Small Maxpedition bag, FiiOE12A headphone amplifier, Warne quick release scope mounts, Amazon Firestick, and Iron Bull 2.5 fat grips @WillB #2115
  30. G. Sakai Archestral w/ 154 steel @joeldworkin307 #2117
  31. Ferro rods made @Redbusa06 #2163
  32. *Buck lockback and Gerber multitool *only available to a youth in need ofsome tools. Can be gifted for a prize to an event for kids chuck4570 chuck4570 #2179
  33. Cold steel battle shades @Meshach #2188
  34. Gerber Dime, CRKT lake kickback, Coldsteel voyager,Rollingstones DVD 2CD combo BellaBlades BellaBlades #2267
  35. D2 hunter with convex grind from DP knives bikerector bikerector #2278
  36. Besttech hornet @joeldworkin307 #2301
  37. 2 barlows one sabre and one prov cut co. A camillus electricians and a 4 bladed congressmen style D dsalazar #2326
  38. Hinderer xm18 3.5 scale in black/tan, 3 frame screws/nuts/ standoffs, filler tab/screw, 6 teflon washers D dsalazar #2327
  39. Remington bullet knife #1178 @Canvsbk #2358
  40. spyderco delica @arrowhd #2470
  41. Rough rider razor trapper @19-3ben #2475
  42. buck 112 chuck4570 chuck4570 #2510
  43. Tuya talisman, byrd meadowlark, kershaw shuffle, kershaw amplitude @Chris Still #2480
  44. Bausch and lomb magnifier @RayseM #2514
  45. Shrade 50t 1991 commemorative @fishiker #2554
  46. Kershaw blur bdz1 tanto, exiled cutlery kimura balisong dkb45 dkb45 #2622
Upcoming PIF's
  • Deinos
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • Kershaw salvo, taotronics earbuds
  • Two suns micro
  • Western w82, m7
List Version:
- Updated 1/22/19 5:55 mountain

Sweet! It hasn't been claimed yet. Let's go with a single knife as it gives folks a chance to try out some of the nicer stuff out there.

After the TwoSuns i'm a huge fan of m390 now as an edc and need to think about what I can pick up down the road in a small package. If the Leek which I was able to try from this thread came as a production G10 scaled knife in elmax vs a sprint run I'd think it was one of the most perfect edcs.

If you can - let us know tonight if you want it and can pif which I'm sure won't be an issue. Send me your address and it will be out tomorrow. I'm sending out Sabre's earbuds tomorrow and some other stuff so I can get the mini knife out same time.

I would love to see an updated leek with no assist, ball bearings and g10 frontscale with no liner + m390 blade. It’s such a good design.

Sorry for derailing the thread but do me a solid and let’s just consider this a

——Bump!

I would love to see an updated leek with no assist, ball bearings and g10 frontscale with no liner + m390 blade. It’s such a good design.

——Bump!
Amen brother!!! I really don't understand why Kershaw doesn't bring this to production. It's arguable but I might ask for a scalloped pocket clip to help with the slipperiness of the back side.

Great. I should meet with him later this week. Any idea what you are after for a PIF from Greg? I know he has lots of traditional folders. Also has some inexpensive fixed blades. He even has a collection of Case trappers but I don't think he will part with any of those.

I don't care at all really! As long as he sticks with the general idea of the thread. I know I have put up all kinds of stuff, even fishing gear when I didn't have any knives that I wasn't using...
Bruce

——Bump!
Yeah, another would be a non-assist Blur with G10 scales. I'd be happy with Kershaw's Sandvik steel.

Am I allowed to do this without a membership? If so I have a BM auto bedlam I would be willing to give away. I don't know how to post pics but it's the all black one, no serrations, slightly used.

Am I allowed to do this without a membership? If so I have a BM auto bedlam I would be willing to give away. I don't know how to post pics but it's the all black one, no serrations, slightly used.
Absolutely. The only concern people have are new accounts with no history requesting first (just to make sure someone doesn’t make an acct just to take an item then ghost). But you are definitely in the spirit of it providing a PiF first. Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Absolutely. The only concern people have are new accounts with no history requesting first (just to make sure someone doesn’t make an acct just to take an item then ghost). But you are definitely in the spirit of it providing a PiF first. Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Understandable, people can be scummy. I'll wait for someone to have the bedlam in hand before trying to claim. I don't even really need anything, I'm not a collector.

Understandable, people can be scummy. I'll wait for someone to have the bedlam in hand before trying to claim. I don't even really need anything, I'm not a collector.

Let's chat about that bedlam. That is one I've had an eye for, for a while, and even more so after trying a BM auto.

Real quick though, does it have a combo edge? If so, that would take me back out as that's why I've been getting rid of some of my auto's, too many combo edges.

I would either drop in my auto mini-presidio with something else or get a nice LT Wright bushcrafting knife in her. Maybe a SYKCO 311. gotta keep the bar high for such a nice offering.

Let's chat about that bedlam. That is one I've had an eye for, for a while, and even more so after trying a BM auto.

Real quick though, does it have a combo edge? If so, that would take me back out as that's why I've been getting rid of some of my auto's, too many combo edges.

No serrations, it is used so not in collector condition, but aside from blade coating wear it's perfect. It doesn't even have much wear on blade, just a bit.

No serrations, it is used so not in collector condition, but aside from blade coating wear it's perfect. It doesn't even have much wear on blade, just a bit.
Perrrffeeecccttt! he says in a high pitched girly voice.

I'll remove email when I get a response. I would like a picture or two of the blade and feel free to video the action, though the latter is purely extra.

I think my offer will be an either/or type thing; offer up two or 3 packages but only give one of them away.

Last edited:

I would either drop in my auto mini-presidio with something else or get a nice LT Wright bushcrafting knife in her. Maybe a SYKCO 311. gotta keep the bar high for such a nice offering.
LT Wright you say.... hmmmm... :D

Perrrffeeecccttt! he says in a high pitched girly voice. Please email me at c.rector @ live.com

I'll remove email when I get a response. I would like a picture or two of the blade and feel free to video the action, though the latter is purely extra.

I think my offer will be an either/or type thing; offer up two or 3 packages but only give one of them away.
I think it would be good to have a high end pif. In line. We should keep a line or two that is the well known good stuff. This is the perfect time. A one for one type of thing. We have a good amount of budget in place.

High end stuff is nice but I find quite often the stuff never gets used. Not because it's more costly (I'm carrying my Mnandi right now). What I find is that sometimes in the quest for that added oomph the basic utilitarian-ness of it goes away. It's why I totally love frn Spydercos in that $50-$120 range. I've picked up all of the cooler ones prior like the ti sage, ti delica, S110v versions, Southard, Domino... the lists goes on... and I always end up back where I started some form of backlock, frn Spydie in plain ol' VG-10. For traditionals I thought my grail was gonna be the Northwoods Presidential. And when I got it like most knife nuts, I got OCD. As fine as that knife was the polished blades and bolsters got mucked up easily. So after trial and error I realized that i was too OCD for that and preferred synthetic handles which all the connoisseurs hate. This isn't to say overbuilt folders or knives with fancy slab handles aren't cool especially if you have big paws, just saying though. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back