1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Yeah, I only had one of those to proffer up, sorry 'bout that.

They are still available for purchase, however... and I think they are worth the asking price.

McFeeli likes this.
  2. 30-06

30-06

May 23, 2019
    Hey if anybody wants to sell a we knife zeta for a reasonable price hmu

3. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Yes. It has vertical play,but also the lock slips off the tang when pressure is applied to the blade spine a little. If you wiggle the blade fast it will make a clicking "lock rock" type motion.

@arrowhd

Thanks again. I'm just finishing up a nice mean edge on the 0900 for you. It will be on its way with the kizer later today. Tracking in a PM :)

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    arrowhd likes this.
  4. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013

Post in WTB section. Thanks.

woodysone, McFeeli and JupiterPaladin like this.
  5. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    That’s quite alright, it’s just one knife I know I’d love by the looks of it.

I’ve actually looked at all the bigger sites for one, I’ll have to start checking the ones I don’t frequent too often!

6. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    There really is a lot to love about it. It's built right and punches way above its weight class.

It makes a superb money clip as well!

McFeeli likes this.
  7. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    For @arrowhd too

I've had that before, sometimes it's as simple as bending the liner lock towards the opposite liner, such that it adds a little more pressure to the tang when locked. Too much and you'll get some lock-stick but that's better than having an unsafe lock. Definitely see if kizer will take car of it first if you're uncomfortable with the fix. The worst one I had was another well-regarded Chinese brand and the lock would completely fail with stiff pressure from the hand holding the handle in one and the leverage the spine down with the palm while grasping around the pivot. The lock simply slid off the tang until failing.

8. BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013

I hear you. That won't fix it. It needs to be repaired or replaced by Kizer in this instance.

bikerector likes this.
  9. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    Had a delightful dinner and conversation with @sabre cat this evening and picked up this awesome Benchmade strap cutter:thumbsup: Thanks again!:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

~Chip

BellaBlades, McFeeli, Deinos and 4 others like this.
  10. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    It's awesome that you guys were close enough to meet up!

11. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    Yup, an IRL FTF:eek:;)...rare these days. It was a nice change from stalking the postman for sure:D.

Lapedog, McFeeli, Deinos and 3 others like this.
  12. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Chip is a very down to earth person and an all-around nice guy. Glad we did it like this instead of just dropping the strap cutter in the mail.

Why is it that all of my PIFs look better here on BF.com than they do when I own them?

McFeeli, bikerector, Deinos and 2 others like this.
  13. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    They are being shown with the LOVE of the new owner. You just didn't lub them enough. :(
    Good for you guys to get to visit each other. :thumbsup:

Ray

WValtakis and JupiterPaladin like this.
  14. JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    I'm not sure who is close enough to NE Ohio, other than @Deinos. Maybe he'll offer up a sweet Manix 2 and I can go get it in person lol! :D:D:D
    *Yes I do remember he already did PiF a Manic 2, but I can dream right?

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    WValtakis and Deinos like this.
  15. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm in SE MI so pretty close to Northen OH, though the West end. I don't have a manix 2 anymore though, so can't help you much there.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  16. JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    How close to the Detroit area? I have ended up passing through a few times. Took my daughter and her best friend to a concert in Rochester Hills last fall. Wife and I ended up just hanging out for 6 hours waiting on them.

17. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    40 minutes. I'm roughly straight West of D-town, and just a little north. I work about 15 min away. Really depends on traffic most of the time, early in the AM, probably closer to 30 depending on where in Detroit since the urban sprawl is significant.

Deinos likes this.
  18. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Relocating so you don't try to come get my Manix 2 in 20cv... :p

Where you at in NE Ohio? I have in-laws in Canfield.

McFeeli likes this.
  19. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    @JupiterPaladin I do hope you find one. My first and only Manix was the CruWear/CF model and I’m super glad I grabbed it. The Manix platform is fantastic. I much prefer it to the PM2, and the ergonomics are the best of any folder I’ve owned. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another one pop up eventually, just be sure to pounce on the opportunity, I’m sure you won’t regret it!

Deinos likes this.
  20. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Yeah, I keep trying to get into the pm2 and just can’t seem to carry it much... Bought the 20cv thinking that would change it, but prob going to end up on the exchange at some pt to fund another knife.

McFeeli likes this.