1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 34 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    So the Kizer has been claimed by me. My PIF was approved via PM so here it is. I would like this to go as a lot, but if you really want to separate them it's okay. The watch lot is
    Invicta Pro Diver quartz
    Invicta Grand Diver mechanical
    Timex Expedition Scout [​IMG]
    All of these are used with some light scratches and stuff. Nothing awful. The Grand Diver is the only one with a box. I'm not really too interested in a return PIF. I got these with the intent to mod, but decided to buy a Citizen and they have been sitting since.

Deinos, McFeeli and BellaBlades like this.
  2. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    That Grand Diver is calling my name, but I don’t want to make ya split them. I’m thinking they won’t be hanging around too long anyway. Great looking lot of watches!

3. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I’m a sucker for budget field watches.

If you decide to split them up, let me know. I’ll see what I can come up with for the Timex.

McFeeli likes this.
  4. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Well that's 2 of the 3. I guess I can give it a little and maybe split it up. I guess I just didnt want to eat shipping, but we shall see.

They are all nice watches, I just really clicked with my Citizen and these sat idle

McFeeli likes this.
  5. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    You can't go wrong with the Expedition. I've got one that I've had for close to 20 years, and it's taken an absolute beating. I've been through a few bands over the years, but the body has been a real trooper. Goes on my wrist most times I venture in the outdoors to keep my good watches from getting torn up.

[​IMG]

Hey, if you wanna make it a trifecta, I'll take the last one. I'll even see if I can find something to send you out to help offset the shipping as a thank you.

6. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Well I think that'll do it then. Can you 3 PM me your shipping info and which watch you want, just for my records. I should be able to send them out soon, I need to find boxes and stuff. I'm surprised it went that quick

McFeeli likes this.
  7. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I’ll hold off on any official claim just to allow the chance that someone is more interested in that big beautiful SOB, haha. If there’s no takers, I’d be happy to give it a home. I didn’t want to jump to the gun too early, this thread has been way too kind to me.

I’ve been using that S3 I got of you earlier and it’s became my daily watch since day one.

Minirehak212 likes this.
  8. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    And I love the Expedition stuff from Timex. The only reason why it's going is because I have the chrono version of it. [​IMG]
    These are the only 2 watches I have now after this

McFeeli likes this.
  9. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Oh yeah, you did get that from me. I've gone through so much stuff from this thread hat its hard to keep track of who got what. I'm glad you're liking it! This Grand Diver is definitely a big chunk of steel and you do feel it. I wore it for a good few months before my citizen came in, and eventually kicked it off my wrist

McFeeli likes this.
  10. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I have same Chronograph Expedition, but with yellow dials, unless those are too. I know they made one with white. It’s been beat up pretty well, but it never stopped working. Heck, I think even the battery is stock. They make great watches for the price. None of my Timex’s let me down.

I love that S3, though. It kicked my Suunto off my wrist, just because of how handy it is. It’s pretty cool to be able to read a text going down the road without risking an accident. And the ability to change faces is a godsend.

11. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    Are you sure you don't wanna claim it first? I'm fine with the blue Pro Diver, but if you're gonna pass on that big ol' red and black monster, I might just have to claim it instead. But you showed interest first, so I want to make sure I'm not snatching it from you.

(espescially since I'll be buying a Tag F1 in about 3 weeks... I need another watch like I need another hole in my head :rolleyes: )

McFeeli likes this.
  12. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    I’m in the same boat.

I didn’t expect all this to go that quickly. I haven’t even had a chance to see if I have something to pay it forward with. I know you said that we don’t need to pay it forward but can I at least pay for the shipping?

Minirehak212 and jaseman like this.
  13. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    That’s quite alright, man. I appreciate you asking me, but if that’s the one that caught your eye too, go for it, haha. It’s a looker no doubt, so no hard feelings from me at all.

JupiterPaladin and jaseman like this.
  14. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    However you guys want to do this is fine by me! I really thought because they were Invictas and a Timex that they'd sit for a while, but boy was I wrong. That's cool though, I do not mind one bit. I'll be more than happy to give you my PayPal if you want to cover shipping, but it isn't required.

I just really want that damn Kizer. I was okay letting it go the first time, but to see it come back even better, I couldn't pass it up

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  15. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    OK, how about you PM me with what I owe you and your address.
    I’ll send out a money order or cashiers check, your choice. I don’t do PayPal except for eBay.

Ship the Timex after everything has cleared.

Does that meet with your approval?

Minirehak212 and JupiterPaladin like this.
  16. knifephan

knifephan Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 4, 2009
    It is a cool looking blade, and I wanted to love it as a spyderco fan. I did some whittling with it last night, which it did better than the xm 3 slicer I was using, but has a hot spot on the pinky due to the handle shape. Have you tried a pm2, still probably my favorite spyderco by a mile. If your only experience with the brand was this guy, I can see why you're not a big fan, but they do have some stellar offerings. If you haven't had a pm 2, maybe I can pif you one to give it a try.

17. bachman44

bachman44 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2018
    I have had two pm2s, a Kapara, and the Roc. The Kapara was my fav by a mile. I have however moved them along. I don't care for choils or flat scales which seems to be Spydercos bread and butter. I do wish I had another Kapara and I would like to try out a Caribbean. The wire clip is my favorite of all time though. Great design there.

18. Earl1

Earl1 Basic Member Basic Member

May 11, 2016
    I really like spyderco knives personally.ive had a tenacious, meadowlark 2 ,raven 2 and a native 5. The pm2 and pm3 are 2 great knives. Never owmed one but ive looked at them . The native is one of the best knives ive ever owned .

19. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    I have time to ship either Saturday or Monday. I will provide tracking.

20. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Sweet, it's no rush man so get it out when its convenient for you

@McFeeli @jaseman have you guys decided on who's getting what yet?