Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can relate to not being big on slip joints but I'm not a huge fan of gerber either but some of their new stuff looks decent like this and the juke. I just like to get first hand opinions on things like fit and finish.
I said the same thing at the show. The wingtip seemed to have better craftsmanship than alot of their other knives. It's nice and tight with no blemishes like I've found in some of their past knives. I guess one reason I picked one up knowing I'd never carry/use it.

I said the same thing at the show. The wingtip seemed to have better craftsmanship than alot of their other knives. It's nice and tight with no blemishes like I've found in some of their past knives. I guess one reason I picked one up knowing I'd never carry/use it.
Have you tried an Alox Pioneer or Cadet slippie, they're game changers in my humble opinion. They're also why I stopped carrying my traditionals sadly. I felt that their thin utilitarian blades were just too good as users vs the pocket jewelry of some of my past slippie choices like the Northwoods knives that I picked up. Not that the Northwoods President wouldn't make a good user for example but I was searching at the time for something that I realized that I wouldn't actually carry. I seem to always have an alox on me or in my bag though. So far the Cadet is probably still my favorite but the Pioneer, Farmer and even the Pruner which I have around these days are great.

P.S. I opted to work from home today. But good news is I dug out the Sog last night. The action was a bit sticky so I added a drop of dry silicone and adjusted the pivot a bit, it's firing really hard now. I'll touch it up on the sharpmaker as well before shipping tomorrow. I have all of my knife packaging stuff at work.

Have you tried an Alox Pioneer or Cadet slippie, they're game changers in my humble opinion. They're also why I stopped carrying my traditionals sadly. I felt that their thin utilitarian blades were just too good as users vs the pocket jewelry of some of my past slippie choices like the Northwoods knives that I picked up. Not that the Northwoods President wouldn't make a good user for example but I was searching at the time for something that I realized that I wouldn't actually carry. I seem to always have an alox on me or in my bag though. So far the Cadet is probably still my favorite but the Pioneer, Farmer and even the Pruner which I have around these days are great.

P.S. I opted to work from home today. But good news is I dug out the Sog last night. The action was a bit sticky so I added a drop of dry silicone and adjusted the pivot a bit, it's firing really hard now. I'll touch it up on the sharpmaker as well before shipping tomorrow. I have all of my knife packaging stuff at work.

I haven't really tried any of them. But i love looking at and giving all knives a chance. so i will be looking into all the knives you've recommended. i carry a small auto everyday on me and keep a fixed blade in my bag. Not sure why though, I've never used it. I've mainly been focused on flippers and autos the past couple of years. But always willing to look into others. So thank you for the suggestions.
The Sog sounds great. thank you so much for taking the time to do some work to it. I am excited to lay my hands on it.

Have you tried an Alox Pioneer or Cadet slippie, they're game changers in my humble opinion. They're also why I stopped carrying my traditionals sadly. I felt that their thin utilitarian blades were just too good as users vs the pocket jewelry of some of my past slippie choices like the Northwoods knives that I picked up. Not that the Northwoods President wouldn't make a good user for example but I was searching at the time for something that I realized that I wouldn't actually carry. I seem to always have an alox on me or in my bag though. So far the Cadet is probably still my favorite but the Pioneer, Farmer and even the Pruner which I have around these days are great...

Agreed. The Cadet is one of the best SAKs out there.

Any of you boys spot an Alox Rambler, post me a link.

Rambler's one of my faves, and an Alox one would be the bees knees.

If somebody's got one and wants to PIF, I've got some more stuff to throw in that might be fun.

If somebody's got one and wants to PIF, I've got some more stuff to throw in that might be fun.
I seen a couple on Ebay they were Swiss Bianco

Last edited:

I seen a couple on Ebay they were Swiss Bianco

Last edited:
Egad, but that is exclusive allrighty.

Think I'll do the WWII style Warthog one instead then.

Wow, but I'd have thought that a little Alox keychain unit would have gone for a smidgen less.

I seen a couple on Ebay they were Swiss Bianco exclusives

You will want to remove those links as it's against forum rule to post links to sales or websites that are not forum supporters. We don't want your enthusiasm diminished because of warnings from the mods. You can mention where and what they are but you can't post links or prices, the latter seems to be more of a grey area but it's best to just leave it out.

You will want to remove those links as it's against forum rule to post links to sales or websites that are not forum supporters. We don't want your enthusiasm diminished because of warnings from the mods. You can mention where and what they are but you can't post links or prices, the latter seems to be more of a grey area but it's best to just leave it out.
No worries. Thank you

Agreed. Or a Farmer. The added thickness of the Farmer really helps with the ergonomics.

I was thinking the same... partly because I have one that I may not want anymore. I just really like my harvester.

Eric black Eric black interested in a farmer? I'll have to think through how to work it into the thread or we can work a trade on the side if interested, though I really don't want anything for it since I already have a surplus of options. It's used and not a perfect specimen, but it won't be full price for sure.

I haven't really tried any of them. But i love looking at and giving all knives a chance. so i will be looking into all the knives you've recommended. i carry a small auto everyday on me and keep a fixed blade in my bag. Not sure why though, I've never used it. I've mainly been focused on flippers and autos the past couple of years. But always willing to look into others. So thank you for the suggestions.
The Sog sounds great. thank you so much for taking the time to do some work to it. I am excited to lay my hands on it.
Ok sog in the mail. It's actually a very cool alternative to a Leek. It's a backlock flipper basic edc which I've found I like production over custom and midtechs. The aus 8 is great, has a cool blacked out finish and it has an awesome closed profile footprint. I would have carried it more except that I ended up getting a we Zinker Dogtooth which I just love.

There are some also pretty cool slim traditional knives out there though. I go back and forth ... My latest adventure is trying to find an all original NIB Cold Steel ultra lock with top flipper function in a non tanto edge.

I remember taking my dad's ultra lock way back when and punching it through things, lol. On the traditional side I made the mistake of trading away my wharnie GEC 72. Bad mistake on my part. It was one of the few traditionals that I really loved. But I was working for an I bank at the time and never carried it.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same... partly because I have one that I may not want anymore. I just really like my harvester.

Eric black Eric black interested in a farmer? I'll have to think through how to work it into the thread or we can work a trade on the side if interested, though I really don't want anything for it since I already have a surplus of options. It's used and not a perfect specimen, but it won't be full price for sure.

And so Eric's slippery decent down the Victorinox hole began.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back