Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    I always find this a bit.... odd I guess would be the word. I guess it all depends on the area you live in, and the culture there, but I’ve never had anyone even notice me opening an assisted knife, let alone make a comment. I barely get anyone who notices I have any knife at all, unless I need to use it.

Only time I ever had someone say anything about an assisted, was a know-it-all jackwad at work who tried to insist that it was an auto, and that they were illegal in my state. And that was just because he has to be in everybody’s business, not because a pocket knife triggered him.

2. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    So I got home late last night to find this package from @Eric black! Very thoughtful indeed. Thanks! :thumbsup::D
    Ontario RAT 1 - Vic Tinker & SD - regular and small lanyard
    [​IMG]

cnm123, McFeeli, chuck4570 and 11 others like this.
  3. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Add a utility blade to the set and almost every cutting job you would ever need to do would be covered.

4. Eric black

Eric black

Jul 9, 2019
    Much appreciation to you sir "the keeper of lists" and well everybody in the thread. I remember my dad telling me when I was younger "nice people make you want to do nice things" and its absolutely true.

5. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    The Super Blue Mule arrived safe and sound @woodysone . The handle you’ve made looks fantastic in person, I was actually considering making my own scales, but I know now I couldn’t do better than the job you’ve done. I tried to get a picture to show ‘em off a bit.

[​IMG]

I didn’t have much time before I had to leave, but I did have enough to freshen up the edge on my Sharpmaker, and holy smokes is this steel fun to sharpen! It took no effort at all to bring it to a shaving sharp edge. I already know it’s going to be a great steel to freehand, sharpening a new steel always gives me a good idea of what to expect from it. I think this Mule and I are going to get along quite well.

I’ll be sure to add another one or two pictures when I get the chance, the leather sheath deserves to be captured as well. I haven’t decided on whether this one’ll be subjected to kitchen use only or if I’ll carry it out of the house with me, but either way I’m very happy with it. Thanks again @woodysone !

6. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Ugh... mail man needs to hurry the *&^% up here!!! lol

7. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    I love that my mail comes early. It used to show up around 1:30-2pm, but for the past year or so it’s been about 9am. It gives me a chance to at least check out the package before I leave, but if I do miss it I tend to get a little impatient and try swing back around on my lunch break.

You should definitely give that Maxamet Mule a quick touch up and let us all know what you think! Though, I don’t know if there’s a such thing as a “quick touch up” when it comes to Maxamet, haha.

woodysone and JupiterPaladin like this.
  8. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    I don't get home from school until 5. Seeing all the mules posted before I get off is going to kill me

woodysone, McFeeli and JupiterPaladin like this.
  9. Eric black

Eric black

Jul 9, 2019
    So my mail ran and sadly no mail call today. Maybe I'll have a mule waiting on my tomorrow. We will see. Though I'm ready to see everyone else's. That super blue is super nice! @McFeeli

10. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    Mine originally said today, but this morning it changed to tomorrow, so you're not alone Jordan and Eric ;)

11. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Part of me wants to know if mine arrived, but the suspense is fun. Luckily I have a lot of stuff to practice so my mind is preoccupied

woodysone, JupiterPaladin and McFeeli like this.
  12. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    Now you guys are making me feel bad for showing mine off a bit too soon, haha.

It is a cool little fixed blade, though. I’ve wanted to give a Mule a try for a while now, the closest I came to owning one was the A11 model from Spyderco themselves, but I waited too long and by the time I remembered they were gone. I always really wanted to give Super Blue a try too after getting a chance to use Hap40, so this thread made two goals come together in one PIF.

I’m kind of jealous of the S90V you picked up @JupiterPaladin , that’s one steel I’ve somehow missed my chance at using. It’s a favorite among a few that I’ve talked to, and I know some custom makers can tweak it to extremes.

woodysone and JupiterPaladin like this.
  13. J-RAY1989

J-RAY1989 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2019
    No mule today. @McFeeli must have all the luck.

woodysone, JupiterPaladin and McFeeli like this.
  14. arrowhd

arrowhd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Now I'm wishing I would have picked one of the Mules up. What a PIF!

woodysone, McFeeli and JupiterPaladin like this.
  15. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    What’s weird is I’m quite literally on the other side of the country compared to @woodysone . I know mail tends to move quicker East than West, but I didn’t know it was that much quicker.

Here’s the extra shots I promised. One of the opposite side, with one aspect that surprised me at first. I thought all the Mules were made in Golden, now it makes sense knowing that the Super Blue Mule was a Seki model being a Japanese steel and all, but I wasn’t expecting that. Pleasant surprise indeed.

[​IMG]

Here’s one of the sheath he made for them. It’s a great fit, and it makes me want to take it out and about with me. I haven’t gotten the chance to use it a lot yet, but I’m actively planning dinner tomorrow for it’s debut.
    [​IMG]

At the very least you guys can enjoy your Mules vicariously through mine! One thing I do remember @woodysone saying was that the later models he fitted got even better so I think everyone will be as impressed with theirs as I am with mine.

A big thanks to @woodysone and to everyone else involved!

GotSteel, chuck4570, arrowhd and 4 others like this.
  16. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Well no luck with the mule today. Another day of agony and impatience lies before me.

woodysone, McFeeli and J-RAY1989 like this.
  17. J-RAY1989

Jun 14, 2019
    Seriously. Let's grab our pitchforks and go after McFeeli :D

18. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    I say we use torches because the post office obviously doesn't want us to have sharp objects

19. J-RAY1989

Jun 14, 2019
    That'll give away our position after dusk though.

20. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Our rage will keep us alive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.