Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    OK yes I was so focused on tracking all the new additions I missed deleting yours John. Got that fixed and added the :thumbsup: to the Kershaw Link for @T.L.E. Sharp so hopefully we can get that to Bella ;) if I had his shipping info still I would have just given it to you so he could be surprised when it showed up lol :D

Sharp & Fiery, jlauffer and woodysone like this.
  2. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    No worries...you're doing much better keeping it all straight than I could. Thanks for doing this!:thumbsup:

Brhowser87, BellaBlades and WValtakis like this.
  3. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  4. Eric black

Eric black

Jul 9, 2019
    I would like to claim the ILBE assault bag from @GotSteel if accepted and I'd like to put up a Artisan Cutlery Tomahawk. Great knife, D2 blade with g10 scales. It's another knife that's just to big for me to carry. And would like to see it actually get some use.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Q6awWHa

5. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    That's fine by me. PM me your shipping info and I should hopefully be able to get it out during the week

6. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Thank you guys. That would be great. Something totally new to look forward to. Ive never handled one so its still gonna be a surprise ;). I will shoot you a message! What comes around, goes around...

7. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I have a D'Allara 3 myself. Very nice knife. Great slicer. Last of the D'Allara series.

FYI, there is a learning curve on this knife. Especially the ball bearing lock. Once you are past that, it is a thing of beauty. Spyderco has a thread on it in their forum. Well worth reading.

@WValtakis, remind me to bring this knife the next time we meet for lunch. :)

8. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Will do:thumbsup: I played with a Poliwog back when they were in production so I'm familiar with the lock...really kicking myself for not buying that Poliwog back then:mad:

woodysone likes this.
  9. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Why would it collect dust? The Kershaw Link is a fine knife. Especially for the money.

BellaBlades likes this.
  10. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Oatmeal Pecan is better than Chocolate-chip. Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Just doesn't suit my tastes. Nothing wrong with it at all.

11. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Still have mine but it never makes it into rotation.:(

WValtakis likes this.
  12. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    If you ever get bored with it...;)

woodysone and BellaBlades like this.
  13. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    That’s what happened with my Viele ball lock with beautiful white scales, boy do I regret that move, but had to have the latest and greatest Spyderco.:mad:

WValtakis likes this.
  14. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    Love the Viele designs...a Viele 1 was the first spyderco I ever owned, slickest action I had ever felt at the time;)

woodysone likes this.
  15. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Still have one of those in a box, now if you want that?:rolleyes:

16. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
  17. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    WValtakis likes this.
  18. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    That was always one of the knives I wanted but, for some reason, never pulled the trigger on. Still such an amazing looking knife, being all retro and art deco-y.

19. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    And soooooooo smooth...they also have a pretty cool keyed eccentric pivot that's adjustable for lock wear:cool:

20. J-RAY1989

J-RAY1989 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2019
    M4 mule came in today. Handle is better than it looks in the pictures. Looks and feels like micarta, it's pretty nice.
    Thought it was wood originally.
    Blade has a heavy patina. My kind of knife. It's already been used quite a bit, so I certainly won't feel like I have to baby it. It just screams use me for any and everything.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Put a fresh edge on it after it came in, and it's going to serve as my around the house utility knife. Big thanks to @woodysone and @JupiterPaladin for making it happen, and to everyone else that has helped to make this thread what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.