Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    @J-RAY1989 not a problem brother. Just doing my part since I don't have much in the material department to offer, but I do have some time to invest to keep the list updated and helping to keep things organized like the secondary list I kept for Woody.

2. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    MULE CALL!
    I had good reason to be excited for this. Mules look oddly big in pictures, but it's actually the perfect size for what I wanna do with it. The scales are amazing and have what looks to be white micarta liners (maybe?). I know I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one! Thanks again @woodysone [​IMG] [​IMG]

GotSteel, McFeeli, J-RAY1989 and 8 others like this.
  3. Brhowser87

Brhowser87

Aug 3, 2016
    I bought myself an Artisan Cutlery Fulcrum/Proponent (they changed the name for whatever reason:confused:) for my bday, it's huge and I love it lol. They make a nice knife.

cchu518, woodysone and JupiterPaladin like this.
  4. Eric black

Eric black

Jul 9, 2019
    @Brhowser87 I have a artisan cutlery small archaeo in my rotation. And really like it. They do make a nice knife. If you like the proponent, the tomahawk might be worth trying out;). They think are similar in size. The tomahawk may be a hair longer though.

JupiterPaladin and Brhowser87 like this.
  5. Brhowser87

Brhowser87

Aug 3, 2016
    You guys are horrible with peer pressure. "Come on smoke this it's fine you'll love it" :p:D:D:D

I really appreciate It but i can't right now I don't have anything I can put up. If something comes along I might give it a shot. I like their knives.

JupiterPaladin and Eric black like this.
  6. GotSteel

GotSteel

Mar 1, 2016
    Sounds good pm me your shipping info and I’ll get it out this week.

Eric black likes this.
  7. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Well it looks like that’s the last one, I’m glad that they all made it and hope all of you enjoy these as much as I had putting scales on them.

8. J-RAY1989

J-RAY1989 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2019
    Only problem is now I want to pick up some mules from Spyderco and start doing my own scale work. I'm slowly becoming a monster. Already been looking at picking up the machinery needed to start crafting my own knives.

9. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    That’s the trouble with the forum, it makes you want to push yourself to be the best you can be.

10. J-RAY1989

Jun 14, 2019
    That and watching copious amounts of forged in fire. Good thing is we can learn just about all there is to know about the hobby, just from these forums.

11. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Don’t forget Knife or Death, I didn’t know that a Titanium sword could be hardened to preform like it did and where’s Johnny?

Mecha and WValtakis like this.
  12. J-RAY1989

Jun 14, 2019
    I don't watch that show much, but I did see that episode. Started researching titanium cutting tools shortly after. Internet is Surprisingly barren when it comes to that.

Mecha likes this.
  13. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Oatmeal Pecan is better than Chocolate-chip. Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    The PM2 from @J-RAY1989 arrived yesterday in great shape. Me being me, I couldn't leave well enough alone and had to modify it further. I don't like peel-ply texture so I gave the scales a quick sanding. I intended to re-dye them, but I kind of like the softer, semi-translucent look with his original black/red fade so I think I'll leave them as-is for now. A quick sharpening this morning and it's in the carry rotation. Thanks again!

[​IMG]

14. J-RAY1989

Jun 14, 2019
    Quite the looker indeed.

15. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    That's because Sammy @Mecha is pretty much the only one doing it, at least with hardenable beta alloys. Mission knives is the only other that I can think of, everyone else is just carbidizing the edge on 6Al4V and calling it a knife;)

16. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    That handle really looks well broken in with the black to red fade, nice work!;)

Sharp & Fiery and JupiterPaladin like this.
  17. arrowhd

arrowhd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2011
    That PM2 looks fantastic!

woodysone and JupiterPaladin like this.
  18. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    @WValtakis - pm sent on the Extrema Ratio Resolza.
    Getting in line to claim if no one else has asked.

Ray

19. Mecha

Mecha Titanium Bladesmith Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    Hey I really like the carbidized ti knives! It doesn't work on the hardened ones, you have to use a fairly soft ti for it to work right.

woodysone and WValtakis like this.
  20. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    I will admit, they are handy in a small utility type format...they'll slice (saw) through stuff for days;) I feel like they'd take a lot of damage in any sort of chopping applications though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.