Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Hey I'm glad you like it man! Put that thing to use. It was too good of a knife to just sit in my drawer

2. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    Hope I'm not derailing the thread, but I believe sometimes, members post updates on claimed PIF's.
    UPDATE....The Bobtail that I received from @bikerector is outstanding in use. I've put it to some real nice light work the past few days while out camping. Works way above it's size, and how the hell did I never carry cross draw horizontal before? It's easily my favorite now, when concealment isn't a concern.
    Fire prep....like a little boss
    Food prep....fruit murderer
    Package opening....like a laser
    550 cord work for a broken dog leash...yup
    Up and down the river on my waist....comfy
    Hand sliced bacon for breakfast....mmmmm

This little 12c27 scandi beauty is a keeper!
    Thanks again @bikerector

Attached Files:

3. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    gazz98 and JupiterPaladin like this.
  4. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    @RoachBelly44 once you go crossdraw you’ll never want to carry a small fixie any other way.

5. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    I've come to that realization over the past 3 weekends outdoors. I'm gunna order a Armatus sheath for my Izula2 now.

115Italian and Deinos like this.
  6. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    @JupiterPaladin
    @arrowhd has agreed to my PIF for his used green Delica4.
    Thank you Arrow!
    For a PIF I offer a nice little outdoor combo.
    Both are brand new.
    The Buck is a 1994 still New in the box.
    The Mora's dont come with boxes.
    Buck protege 450BK
    Mora companion stainless/black
    20190914_164821.jpg

Markisbear, StrangeDaze and arrowhd like this.
  7. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    @RoachBelly44 your update is a welcomed addition to the thread. It shows that your stuff claimed is getting used! That Buzzard is going to also be horizontal crossdraw once I get enough free time to make the new belt loops ;)

WValtakis likes this.
  8. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    Yeah it looked like one that would do well in cross draw. Armatus Carry has little kydex cross draws with belt loops and snap closure! The Buzzard and sheath together look really thin and easy to carry.

Deinos likes this.
  9. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Love Armatus! Make a great, svelte sheath :thumbsup:

RoachBelly44 likes this.
  10. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    Heck I was about to email you and let you know I'm in your neighborhood this afternoon but my wife came along and she's already got a bunch of stops on the list :eek:
    Apparently never being to an IKEA just HAD to be remedied :confused:

11. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    Glad to hear. I'm gunna pick one up soon. I only have their wallet. The Vita E.D.C.
    It's an awesome product and I love the snap closure on the products!

JupiterPaladin and Deinos like this.
  12. cchu518

cchu518 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I gotta say the grinds on the test piece are nicer than the production version.

13. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    Armani’s makes a nice sheath. I carry my BM Hidden Canyon in one as an EDC.

Do yourself a favor and order a Utiliclip for it. Well worth the extra few bucks.

RoachBelly44 and JupiterPaladin like this.
  14. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    Lol... IKEA isn’t really that big a deal once you’ve been there once or twice. Most of the furniture is kinda cheap once you live with it for a few years. It really depends on what you get. Beds, chairs, couches, etc... all dorm room quality. Great for a small apartment, but not something I’d furnish my house with. Some of the TV stands, storage units, tables and such are very useful indeed. Plus, the food is pretty good.

RoachBelly44 likes this.
  15. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin

May 4, 2016
    @jaseman yah bro I know, it's just like a thing she always wanted to see. I'm more likely to build stuff myself anyway.

jaseman and WValtakis like this.
  16. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    Very glad that's working out for you. The update is very cool to read for me.

If you're wondering why I decided to let it go, the middle and bottom one are the answer. The middle is a fabulous hiking/fire starting knife with a nice full handle and the bottom is an EDC dream but still enough handle to do the hard stuff.
    [​IMG]

I like small fixed blades, as long as there's enough handle to grab onto.

Crossdraw is great but I've found one scenario where they can be tricky, and that's with a backpack with a waste strap that overlaps your belt. Then, drop sheath. Unless you can get the sheath onto the backpack's straps. Enter, g-clip.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  17. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    Oh Mama!
    They are so nice! That little fella at the bottom is perfect!
    Beautiful choice in handle material.
    I can just feel the weight and balance of the small one!
    I'm happy you have them and happy to have the Bobtail. It really performed well this week.

bikerector and woodysone like this.
  18. Eric black

Eric black

Jul 9, 2019
    I'm very happy to read this. I originally sent the bobtail to bikerector, I was happy to read his update and I'm happy to read yours. It wasnt a knife I was going to use. So I'm very glad to see that thing get some use and be put to the test as it should. It cool watching something you put up travel the country.

19. RoachBelly44

RoachBelly44

Sep 18, 2018
    Oh, right on!
    This is my favorite time of year, and when my family is the most active. The Bobcat will be outside and on my waist all season. Another upcoming camp, a bunch more hikes, a lake trip for some more fishing, fall festivals, pumpkin and orchard fests, hay rides, yadda yadda. It will see its share of use ;)

20. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    A nice group of JK knives there @bikerector. If there ever is a PIF of a Rule # 9 - I claim. :D
    That's one I miss, though admittedly not another knife I need. :rolleyes: It is such a universally purposeful knife. One of John's best, IMHO.

Ray

bikerector likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.