Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys let's keep the status quo for now. And let me try an outreach campaign for the first 30 pif. Gimme some time to check in with folks. I'll direct them back to the thread, give them the option to swap pif and if we don't hear from them I say we cross the item off and just mark them a wash?

Ok so I stopped outreach at #28 as that got us pretty current (up to the June PIF's roughly)

I left the below note either in a PM to the poster or on their homepage tagging them back to the thread.

"Just a friendly roll call from the PIF thread. The group is trying to clean up the PIF list and wanted to ask if you're pif is still valid or if you would mind switching it out for something different since no one is claiming your PIF? Would you mind checking in on the thread?"

FYI some last seen on BF updates
#20 last seen on BF in February
#32 last seen on BF in June

Dr. knife arrived!! RoachBelly44 RoachBelly44
Its gonna be the perfect small blade to throw in with my hiking first aid kit! Thanks a ton!
Amazing that i finally got to check one out, as AG Russel knives are hard to aquire here in Canada.

Please oh please, someone claim the Tenacious and the BM blue box kit...its so lonely here just laying around. Its time for it to do some work!!

Edit to add:Off thread topic...I own a few front flippers, and must say...I do not like the flipping action on the metamorph...the kizer feist breaks in better and is a solid knife. Just my two cents. If budget allows, a burger LEXK on washers is a fantastic front flipper.

Happy you got it! I was really nervous about the customs part. Seems like it took a while, so I was worried. Good on ya, northern neighbors! Also, I never even thought of it for a first aid knife....duh....how perfect.
Dr. knife arrived!! RoachBelly44 RoachBelly44
Its gonna be the perfect small blade to throw in with my hiking first aid kit! Thanks a ton!
Amazing that i finally got to check one out, as AG Russel knives are hard to aquire here in Canada.

Please oh please, someone claim the Tenacious and the BM blue box kit...its so lonely here just laying around. Its time for it to do some work!!

Edit to add:Off thread topic...I own a few front flippers, and must say...I do not like the flipping action on the metamorph...the kizer feist breaks in better and is a solid knife. Just my two cents. If budget allows, a burger LEXK on washers is a fantastic front flipper.

Ok so I stopped outreach at #28 as that got us pretty current (up to the June PIF's roughly)

I left the below note either in a PM to the poster or on their homepage tagging them back to the thread.

"Just a friendly roll call from the PIF thread. The group is trying to clean up the PIF list and wanted to ask if you're pif is still valid or if you would mind switching it out for something different since no one is claiming your PIF? Would you mind checking in on the thread?"

FYI some last seen on BF updates
#20 last seen on BF in February
#32 last seen on BF in June

Another concern I have with keeping tabs on old accounts, I think a few were well in the green, like dsalazar. Maybe he was an exception but there have been a lot of PIFs with no claims in this thread, even from first time participants.

Thank you for the efforts of reaching out.

Another concern I have with keeping tabs on old accounts, I think a few were well in the green, like dsalazar. Maybe he was an exception but there have been a lot of PIFs with no claims in this thread, even from first time participants.

Thank you for the efforts of reaching out.

I really think people don't want to just jump in with us. Or they might feel awkward saying "I'll take your stuff"
BY ALL MEANS IF SOMETHING ON THE LIST PEAKS YOUR INTEREST COME JOIN US.

I said b4, it took me awhile but I'm so glad I did.

It took me a while too. Its a “pride” thing i believe. I was nervous too. Didnt want to not be able to have something worth what i was claiming.

I really think people don't want to just jump in with us. Or they might feel awkward saying "I'll take your stuff"
BY ALL MEANS IF SOMETHING ON THE LIST PEAKS YOUR INTEREST COME JOIN US.

I said b4, it took me awhile but I'm so glad I did.
As am I, had a bunch of blades that were in the category, I’m never going to use this again but their mine. I have been able to make friends and check out some cool items without the financial commitment.

It took me a while too. Its a “pride” thing i believe. I was nervous too. Didnt want to not be able to have something worth what i was claiming.

I went the opposite way. Dipped my toe in by making PiFs but have yet to claim anything. Just waiting at this point for the right thing to come along.

If there was more information about the ins and outs on the first page it might help new people know what to do. I just had to ask though, and everyone was super helpful.

Current Items up for grabs - Please let me know if there are any errors :)

Items with the :thumbsup: do not require a return PiF!

1. Dive knife & Tin Knife *rob308 #741
  2. Le Thiers & Wenger *rob308 #765
  3. Desantis Cozy holster for Springfield XDS 3.3 *PWatkins #1242
  4. CRKT Tighe *dkb45 #1246
  5. Tighe Rod @T.L.E. Sharp #1514 :thumbsup:
  6. Kershaw Ferrite @Earl1 #1495 :thumbsup:
  7. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 @Impulse600 #1556
  8. Android Tattooed Tiger 50mm automatic watch @Methuselah #1895
  9. Block of Ebony Wood @needler420 #2003 & 2023
  10. Small Maxpedition bag, Warne quick release scope mounts, Amazon Firestick, and Iron Bull 2.5 fat grips @WillB #2115
  11. G. Sakai Archestral 154cm @joeldworkin307 #2117
  12. Cold Steel battle shades @StrangeDaze #2188 :thumbsup:
  13. Remington Bullet Knife 1178 @Canvsbk #2358
  14. Rough Rider Razor Trapper @19-3ben #2475
  15. Schrade Old Timer 60T USA, Benchmade 510, Benchmade Cub Tanto @21bangbang #3608
  16. Boker Arbolito @dsalazar pic #2514 post #3034
  17. Bestech Hornet @shovelhead69 #3060
  18. Safariland Lvl3 Glock 17/22 holster @Ryan Thompson #3255
  19. Victorinox Day Packer, CRKT Sidehawg 3, Rough Rider Trapper and 5 blade Sowbelly Stockman JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin #3331 :thumbsup:
  20. Hen & Rooster HR692, Steel Warrior SW105TG @Greg L. Gearhart #3495
  21. Invicta 8926 Pro Diver @Chris Still #3554
  22. CRKT Stiff Kiss, Gerber Profile fixed, Kershaw Dune, Bear Ops CC400B, Ronson lighter, Aker holster for Sig p239 fit my p229 but tight, 20 inch and 14 inch baton, Micromatic Keg Tap, 2 Barlows, Camillus USA Electrician. @dsalazar #3619
  23. Lansky variety pack @l1ranger #3634
  24. Spy Voltaire sunglasses @jaseman #3691 :thumbsup:
  25. Sog Field Pup 7cr17mov @Fixall #3756
  26. CRKT Fossil Brhowser87 Brhowser87 #3962
  27. Rough Rider single blade Barlow @bachman44 #4178
  28. Honshu Push Dagger @Daedric Panther #4314
  29. Camillus Medium Stockman @kamagong #4365
  30. Case Stockman @stevekolt #4448
  31. Buck Cadet Stockman @sabre cat #4451 :thumbsup:
  32. Spot in reserve line to buy Grimmsmo Norseman @Baggins #4520
  33. Leatherman Fuse stainless @Bellasdaddy #4569
  34. Swiss Army Cyber Tool M32 @Yimes #4701
  35. Schrade Dead Man's Trapper RoachBelly44 RoachBelly44 #4722
  36. Buck 55 @Earl1 #4730
  37. Beretta Trident @WValtakis #4743
  38. Kershaw Shuffle @Poriggity #4821
  39. Buck 110 & Timex Expedition Brhowser87 Brhowser87 #4864
  40. Miyota 821A Watch cchu518 cchu518 #4938
  41. Spyderco Tenacious Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery #4989
  42. Kizer Sovereign @RayseM #5014
  43. Kershaw Whirlwind @Velitrius #5030
  44. J. Hue custom handle scale bocks @T.L.E. Sharp #5036 :thumbsup:
  45. Fallkniven PXLwh @gazz98 #5202
  46. Llandi Fixed Blade @fishiker #5298
  47. Benchmade Griptillian H2O N680 @Yimes #5332
  48. Spyderco Kiwi Deinos Deinos #5377
  49. Loveless Hunter & Civivi Durus @Ryan Thompson #5391
  50. Buck Protege 450BK & Mora Companion Stainless RoachBelly44 RoachBelly44 #5405
  51. SOG Toolclip @chuck4570 #5427 :thumbsup:
  52. Buck Bantam 286 camo atdegs atdegs #5439
  53. Kabar BK23 @StrangeDaze #5440
  54. Kabar spork, kabar bottle opener, 2 blocks of soapstone & 1 bow drill kit @StrangeDaze #5459
  55. Cold Steel Immortal Brhowser87 Brhowser87 #5507
  56. Becker handles, stickers, patch, cards @StrangeDaze #5525
  57. Civivi Plethiros Eric black Eric black #5562

Last edited:
And I hope it continues after the purge.:eek:
Speaking of the purge... I really need to get some of my collection on the exchange... and maybe a few more on here as well... Feel like it has ballooned and I most definitely don't use them all :( Need to make some room for new users and experiences

Edit: Sidenote: I think once we exceed total posts for this thread... new thread should be named something like "Pay It Forward: Part 3 - The Purge" :D

PiF'in' 2 - Electric Boogaloo ;)
giphy.gif

If it's ok, I would like to try out the Civivi Plethiros. I can find something to put up when I get home in a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back