Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Items up for grabs - Please let me know if there are any errors :)

Items with the :thumbsup: do not require a return PiF!

1. Dive knife & Tin Knife *rob308 #741
  2. Le Thiers & Wenger *rob308 #765
  3. Desantis Cozy holster for Springfield XDS 3.3 *PWatkins #1242
  4. CRKT Tighe *dkb45 #1246
  5. Tighe Rod @T.L.E. Sharp #1514 :thumbsup:
  6. Kershaw Ferrite @Earl1 #1495 :thumbsup:
  7. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 @Impulse600 #1556
  8. Android Tattooed Tiger 50mm automatic watch @Methuselah #1895
  9. Block of Ebony Wood @needler420 #2003 & 2023
  10. Small Maxpedition bag, Warne quick release scope mounts, Amazon Firestick, and Iron Bull 2.5 fat grips @WillB #2115
  11. G. Sakai Archestral 154cm @joeldworkin307 #2117
  12. Cold Steel battle shades StrangeDaze StrangeDaze #2188 :thumbsup:
  13. Remington Bullet Knife 1178 @Canvsbk #2358
  14. Rough Rider Razor Trapper @19-3ben #2475
  15. Schrade Old Timer 60T USA, Benchmade 510, Benchmade Cub Tanto @21bangbang #3608
  16. Boker Arbolito @dsalazar pic #2514 post #3034
  17. Bestech Hornet @shovelhead69 #3060
  18. Safariland Lvl3 Glock 17/22 holster @Ryan Thompson #3255
  19. Victorinox Day Packer, CRKT Sidehawg 3, Rough Rider Trapper and 5 blade Sowbelly Stockman @JupiterPaladin #3331 :thumbsup:
  20. Hen & Rooster HR692, Steel Warrior SW105TG @Greg L. Gearhart #3495
  21. Invicta 8926 Pro Diver @Chris Still #3554
  22. CRKT Stiff Kiss, Gerber Profile fixed, Kershaw Dune, Bear Ops CC400B, Ronson lighter, Aker holster for Sig p239 fit my p229 but tight, 20 inch and 14 inch baton, Micromatic Keg Tap, 2 Barlows, Camillus USA Electrician. @dsalazar #3619
  23. Lansky variety pack @l1ranger #3634
  24. Spy Voltaire sunglasses @jaseman #3691 :thumbsup:
  25. Sog Field Pup 7cr17mov @Fixall #3756
  26. CRKT Fossil Brhowser87 Brhowser87 #3962
  27. Rough Rider single blade Barlow @bachman44 #4178
  28. Honshu Push Dagger @Daedric Panther #4314
  29. Camillus Medium Stockman @kamagong #4365
  30. Case Stockman @stevekolt #4448
  31. Buck Cadet Stockman sabre cat sabre cat #4451 :thumbsup:
  32. Spot in reserve line to buy Grimmsmo Norseman @Baggins #4520
  33. Leatherman Fuse stainless @Bellasdaddy #4569
  34. Swiss Army Cyber Tool M32 Yimes Yimes #4701
  35. Schrade Dead Man's Trapper @RoachBelly44 #4722
  36. Buck 55 @Earl1 #4730
  37. Beretta Trident @WValtakis #4743
  38. KoA Cub Bear bikerector bikerector #4777
  39. Kershaw Shuffle @Poriggity #4821
  40. Buck 110 & Timex Expedition Brhowser87 Brhowser87 #4864
  41. Miyota 821A Watch cchu518 cchu518 #4938
  42. Spyderco Tenacious @Sharp & Fiery #4989
  43. Kizer Sovereign @RayseM #5014
  44. Kershaw Whirlwind @Velitrius #5030
  45. J. Hue custom handle scale bocks @T.L.E. Sharp #5036 :thumbsup:
  46. Fallkniven PXLwh @gazz98 #5202
  47. Llandi Fixed Blade @fishiker #5298
  48. Benchmade Griptillian H2O N680 Yimes Yimes #5332
  49. Spyderco Kiwi @Deinos #5377
  50. Loveless Hunter & Civivi Durus @Ryan Thompson #5391
  51. Buck Protege 450BK & Mora Companion Stainless @RoachBelly44 #5405
  52. SOG Toolclip @chuck4570 #5427 :thumbsup:
  53. Buck Bantam 286 camo atdegs atdegs #5439
  54. Kabar BK23 StrangeDaze StrangeDaze #5440
  55. Kabar spork, kabar bottle opener, 2 blocks of soapstone & 1 bow drill kit StrangeDaze StrangeDaze #5459
  56. Cold Steel Immortal Brhowser87 Brhowser87 #5507
  57. Becker handles, stickers, patch, cards StrangeDaze StrangeDaze #5525
  58. Civivi Plethiros Eric black Eric black #5562

#38 KOA is no longer available.

Sure thing man. Just post up your PIF when you get a chance and shoot me your shipping info. I should be able to get it to the post office in the beginning of the week.

If it's ok, I would like to try out the Civivi Plethiros. I can find something to put up when I get home in a little bit.

Psssssst tell him no I'm still trying to figure out what I'ma dig up.:p:p:D:D:D

I'm definitely just kidding. If you guys don't get my sense of humor yet or your lace Victoria secret thing is bunched up I'm sorry:p:D:D:D:D

Now on a serious note. When you get it ya gotta come back and let us know what you think. I was just telling Eric civivi was a brand I was looking into cause of the price range.

I sure will. I don't own any Civivi, We or Kizer but I have been eyeing some. I'm kinda curious and excited to give it a try. :)

I sure will. I don't own any Civivi, We or Kizer but I have been eyeing some. I'm kinda curious and excited to give it a try. :)

Yea Ive been wanting to try out the upper end Chinese brands. I'm to broke for WE right now lol so for my bday I saved up and bought myself a Artisan Cutlery Proponent. Budget wise that company was a good middle ground to start. I could afford one of their nicer models and got all the titainum, ceramic bearings and s35. Eric is actually sending me this g10 tomahawk so I'll get to try both ends from them. If I get something from WE it's gonna be a isham model and that's $300 plus so I'm gonna check out civivi. Might splurge and try their Damascus.:confused::D:D:D

Yea Ive been wanting to try out the upper end Chinese brands. I'm to broke for WE right now lol so for my bday I saved up and bought myself a Artisan Cutlery Proponent. Budget wise that company was a good middle ground to start. I could afford one of their nicer models and got all the titainum, ceramic bearings and s35. Eric is actually sending me this g10 tomahawk so I'll get to try both ends from them. If I get something from WE it's gonna be a isham model and that's $300 plus so I'm gonna check out civivi. Might splurge and try their Damascus.:confused::D:D:D

I carry the kizer feist most days but I also have the sheeps foot that I carry from time to time. We makes some nice knives, I've been through a couple. Artisan cutlery, I really like. I have the d2/g10 archaeo in my rotation and have the 3 of 25 gold and carbon fiber ancheo in my collection. Got to meet the designer at blade show. Also got to meet Elijah isham at the show. awsome guy to talk to and great designer. I hope you both like the knives and get some use out of them:D:D

I carry the kizer feist most days but I also have the sheeps foot that I carry from time to time. We makes some nice knives, I've been through a couple. Artisan cutlery, I really like. I have the d2/g10 archaeo in my rotation and have the 3 of 25 gold and carbon fiber ancheo in my collection. Got to meet the designer at blade show. Also got to meet Elijah isham at the show. awsome guy to talk to and great designer. I hope you both like the knives and get some use out of them:D:D

Beta that was cool. I'd like to meet Isham. I've been eyeing the Arrakis and I probably would of kept saving to get one except everywhere sold out of the blue with black blade b4 I had a chance lol. I'm a big folders type of guy and I really like the Kizer sheepdog so when I found out there was a xl version that got bumped up on the wish list.....aka the when I grow up list.:D:D:D:D

FWIW- I have been EDCing a Civivi Praxis (Damascus) for a while. Honestly it’s one of the best blades I have ever carried.

I never owned a good Damascus blade. It was never really high on my list. I was always under the impression it was for looks and might be lacking in durability and edge holding. As I progressed I realized that wasn't the case but never made it around to getting any. But from what I understand civivi did it right. Everybody is saying their great budget Damascus blades.

I never owned a good Damascus blade. It was never really high on my list. I was always under the impression it was for looks and might be lacking in durability and edge holding. As I progressed I realized that wasn't the case but never made it around to getting any. But from what I understand civivi did it right. Everybody is saying their great budget Damascus blades.

Larrin has a good article on it, like many of his other writings, where a damascus is basically a sum of the parts. So if it's a 1084 and 15N20 combo, it's basically and exact mix of those 2 steel's properties.

Let's remove PIF''s #14 and #21
19-3 Ben got back to me and that was a package someone had already claimed the 2 more valuable Case knives in the package and left RR.

The Invicta watch I tried to claim twice, the OP said he would send and never did so presume he's out of the loop now.

@JupiterPaladin

Larrin has a good article on it, like many of his other writings, where a damascus is basically a sum of the parts. So if it's a 1084 and 15N20 combo, it's basically and exact mix of those 2 steel's properties.

Interesting. And see being the technical prick that I am I always thought it was that plus the pattern and how much of what steel was where had a big effect on performance. I guess that was me more thinking about something like Kershaw's combo blades; one steel on the edge and one on the spine.

Interesting. And see being the technical prick that I am I always thought it was that plus the pattern and how much of what steel was where had a big effect on performance. I guess that was me more thinking about something like Kershaw's combo blades; one steel on the edge and one on the spine.

What you're referring to is laminated steel where the layers are much more distinct. Usually, laminated layers are the center piece that is the edge and then the side pieces that are either more stainless, more tough, or both. Spyderco's Hap40 and the laminated VG10 of Fallkniven are 2 examples, but it's not uncommon for laminated layers. I think the composite blades of kershaw are the only ones I've seen with the spine and edge being different, and I'm not 100% sure on their process. The lamination process is supposed to blend characteristics to a small degree, but I think the composite process of kershaw would be pretty different based on how they are supposedly designs.

Damsacus has many more layers blending those properties much more uniformly. The pattern is a big part of as well, otherwise you would just use a single steel that is a blend of those two metals to get the characteristics you like.

What you're referring to is laminated steel where the layers are much more distinct. Usually, laminated layers are the center piece that is the edge and then the side pieces that are either more stainless, more tough, or both. Spyderco's Hap40 and the laminated VG10 of Fallkniven are 2 examples, but it's not uncommon for laminated layers. I think the composite blades of kershaw are the only ones I've seen with the spine and edge being different, and I'm not 100% sure on their process. The lamination process is supposed to blend characteristics to a small degree, but I think the composite process of kershaw would be pretty different based on how they are supposedly designs.

Damsacus has many more layers blending those properties much more uniformly. The pattern is a big part of as well, otherwise you would just use a single steel that is a blend of those two metals to get the characteristics you like.

Ahhhh gotcha. Learn something new everyday. And yeah kershaw is the only one I can think of off haND that does the composite blades, where the different steels meet they usually do a pattern of some sort. Damascus I've been getting more and more familiar with but I really didn't know much about laminated. Something else to read up on lol

Last edited:
I received the Drover from bikerector bikerector this weekend and let me say that the generosity included in the package was way overboard. Not only was there the Drover in there but also included was a great CK clip sheath and a Knives of Alaska Cub Bear with a sheath! Thank you for your generosity!!

The Drover is really a neat knife and I am thrilled I was able to snag it here. (Sorry @Deinos)

To repay the generous extras and to show my appreciation for this thread I would like to put up a Ontario Rat II in Aus-8 with brown scales. It shows some use but centers well and has great action. No PIF required.

Thanks again!

1B6D2C5D-BDF3-4DB9-BE82-F271EA802FB1.jpeg

I received the Drover from bikerector bikerector this weekend and let me say that the generosity included in the package was way overboard. Not only was there the Drover in there but also included was a great CK clip sheath and a Knives of Alaska Cub Bear with a sheath! Thank you for your generosity!!

The Drover is really a neat knife and I am thrilled I was able to snag it here. (Sorry @Deinos)

To repay the generous extras and to show my appreciation for this thread I would like to put up a Ontario Rat II in Aus-8 with brown scales. It shows some use but centers well and has great action. No PIF required.

Thanks again!

View attachment 1200761

I’ll take the Rat! I know it’s no PiF required, but in exchange I’ll make the Buck I’ve already put up a non-PiF as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back