Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic added. That K390 is one of my favorite knives. I am offering it up not as a cheap counter offer, but a well taken care of knife from my rotation that I hope finds use in someone's pocket who might not have previously considered it. This isn't a trading forum where people try to edge out the offering for something better. Cvrobinson Cvrobinson , why not claim my knife for yourself?
View attachment 903340

My intent was not to edge you out, it was a I thought polite way to point out that a leek was a poor = to or better offering for a classic gec
But you knew that when you posted
I'll pass on your offer , and offer up the queen#33 and something else next round

We can change the criteria to participate if someone has foolproof idea. I'm open to whatever I just wanted to start something fun here.

Not really sure why you set things up so that only paid members could participate but it's your post. We'll play by whatever rules you feel are best. And, yes, you started something fun. Thank you.

However, if the requirements are changed to forum membership for X amount of time and a minimum number of post it would open things up some. I did a pay it forwards like that a few years ago and it worked well. The goal was to help out members in need, AND keep people from joining just to claim an item and never be heard of again. The other requirement we used was that you could not sell any item you received. IIRC, You were asked to post it back here on the forum to pay it forward again if the knife did not meet your needs.

Last edited:
Is a basic membership 10 Bucks still?
I think it is. I really need to do some sort of paid membership.

I've wanted a paid membership in the past but my wife was off work with a messed up shoulder for 14 months. We took a 40% pay cut during that time. Pretty much drained our savings. Then she fell and broke her arm after three months back at work. Off work for another 6 months. If the gal did not have bad luck, she would have no luck at all. As you can guess, a paid membership has been a very low priority.

That's why I won't get rid of the Volli I claimed in one of the first PIF threads. It's a neat knife, but not quite my style, but I'd feel bad trading or selling a knife I got for free.
Why don't you offer it here?

That seems fair. Ok, upping the game. How about a spyderco urban in k390? This has been my faithful companion in Chicago. It is one of my favorite knives and I hope it finds a good home. The Buck 133 skinner and the Boker 493 barlow will come as well.
View attachment 903336

If no one claimed the urban K390 & Co, I would like it.

Offering custom caping knife from a knife maker in Michigan. It is 9cr14mov steel, roughly a chinese variant of 440c or 154cm. I believe I've cut paper with it and stropped the edge. Thin hollow grind, very slicey, never used it like I intended and went a different direction for a small woods knife

wODtyLwl.jpg

z6obTa3l.jpg

Note: Pics are stock picks from the knife maker.

CLAIMED by @Cereal_killer

Last edited:
Two pages of almost nothing but hot air, let's get this train back on track...

I'll offer any one of these three:

View attachment 903366
Those Mcusta Shadows have always caught my eye, even though they are a bit heavy (4 oz.) for a "gentleman's carry". They don't match my carry preferences, but they are appealing to the eye.

If no one claimed the urban K390 & Co, I would like it.

Offering custom caping knife from a knife maker in Michigan. It is 9cr14mov steel, roughly a chinese variant of 440c or 154cm. I believe I've cut paper with it and stropped the edge. Thin hollow grind, very slicey, never used it like I intended and went a different direction for a small woods knife

wODtyLwl.jpg

z6obTa3l.jpg

Note: Pics are stock picks from the knife maker.

Edit: are axes/hatchets allowed? I would like to sweeten it a little with a fiskars hatchet with a leather mask from viking princess on Etsy.
The Spyderco urban is yours bikerector bikerector . Just pm me your address.

Unrelated to my question about the Mcusta:

I'd like to offer up a Kershaw Blackout. This is open to anyone and requires no immediate forward payment if the claimant is unable to do so. Though doing so would be greatly appreciated.

This is a fantastic, made in the USA, work knife. Would be a great M-Tech replacement for anyone lurking who maybe likes knives, but cant afford to swap and sell like some of us(been there).

Its been used a couple times, but is in great condition. I bought it for nostalgia and was nostalgic, but now it's just collecting dust.

20180510_171009.jpg

Is the Tsuchi the large with a clip or the small without? I hate to be picky in this context, but theres no point in me claiming a knife that wont get used.

It has a clip and I think it has like a 3.5" blade. I'll check when I get home and PM you some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back