Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my PIF tin knife today. First, kudos for amazing pack job, second, thanks for a great small blade. Very excited to put it to use.

Cheers,
Patrick

I'll give that quirky little guy a home if nobody else loves it ;)

I forgot about this Gator, might even be my first "mod", lol. It was a Nosler edition in 154cm that my uncle gave me in a box of knives. The original blasted finish spotted pretty easy, so I polished it/clipped the point/fileworked it within an inch of it's life;) Super comfy handle, awesome slicer:)

View attachment 921010 View attachment 921011 View attachment 921012

I am also waiting on a shipping notice for the Kiwi from @joeldworkin307 . The Cold Steel Counterpoint XL was delivered last week :)

~Chip
Looks like the Griploc is yours.

I designed a series of new logos for @T.L.E. Sharp and delivered them today.

I also picked up my knife from a previous PIF from bikerector bikerector . I hope you enjoyed the coffee and the hour of your life you'll never get back

It was a pleasure chatting with another knife geek along with the other things in life that deserved to be talked about. I hope the knife serves you well, it's certainly an uncommon one.

Current Items up for grabs
  1. Defcon Prolelia from dkb45 dkb45 Post #164
  2. Thor Fire from @A-MAC post #314
  3. Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin post #399
  4. Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
  5. M7 bayonet from sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  6. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  7. Tuyaknife Talisman, Ruike P801 and Spyderco Doublestuff from @Minirehak212 post #567 & #572(pic)
  8. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  9. Case hunter & g-shock watch from sbh06 sbh06 post #709
  10. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  11. Wenger soldier/standard from sabre cat sabre cat post #763
  12. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  13. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  14. Kershaw teal Leek & CRKT tighe rod (together), and GEC 48 bloodwood trapper from bikerector bikerector post #783
  15. S&M canoe from Kreyzhorse Kreyzhorse post #812
  16. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from sabre cat sabre cat post #820
  17. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
Upcoming PIF's
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • @ReservoirDog707 needs to send a PIF that has been claimed. Claimed in post #222, offered in post #196. For my reference, 716 original callout, 754/755 I got confused and removed, added back with 786.
List Version:
- Updated 6/10/18 7:30PM EST
- Added links to post # for easier navigation

Last edited:
I've added a GEC 48 bloodwood and removed the HK Feint.

Preference goes to claiming the whole lot.
F3YG4Epl.jpg

vumzwYrl.jpg

JldkisUl.jpg

3u2VUYul.jpg

eCNSQtDl.jpg

Thanks sbh06 sbh06 .

I'd like to offer up a traditional S&M Canoe. It has red bone scales and I believe it is 1 out of 20 made.

Essentially it's like new in box.

PM or email me at scalmcnay@gmail.com

Thanks BF.
Sent you a message on this. Tempted to give it a try. Have a couple things to potentially offer up to restock the thread. Thanks!

I'm going to offer up one more item, a well used Ontario Rat 2. Preference is that it goes to someone knew or wants to try one of these out as they're generally viewed as a starter knife because of the price but it's really been a great work knife when I used it more in a refrigerated warehouse inspecting product.

It's far from new, the blade is in good shape but the clip has been beaten up pretty well as I kept adjusting the clip so that it would slip onto my softshell coat better. Looks ugly but it works.

The knife also makes a pretty sweet wood carver for a short bladed bushcraft folding blade. I've brought it to the woods on many trips and always liked how it shaved wood. R2D2 will be in my future.

Not expecting a PIF in return on this one, just trying to pass it along.
1m2tBPcl.jpg

OORabIsl.jpg

Last edited:
Sent you a message on this. Tempted to give it a try. Have a couple things to potentially offer up to restock the thread. Thanks!

I'd like to give that S&M Canoe a try. Have a couple things to offer up in replacement. Let me know if I should add to it or if it looks good.

• Kabar Elephant Toe (Bikerector will recognize this one ;)) - Doesn't have a box. Lighter pull on the springs and in great shape. Got it off the exchange and admired it, but never really got into it. Was a pattern I always wanted to try but then realized I would never carry/use it, and I am not a collector, so back into the wild!
  • Boker Tech Tool - got it as part of an exchange deal on here and never used it. LNIB.
  • Mini Tuff Lite - added to an exchange deal on here and never used it
    ZuKXkml.jpg

That's a nice way to put it. Restocking the thread.

What do you have in mind?

Thanks Sabre. I think it better represents the PiF vs the "trading" metaphor that got stuck to it early on. Seems more like a stock of items that people can choose from, then you restock the tank. Like "take a penny, leave a penny." Anyone can add pennies, but can always take as long as you leave the collection as good or better than you found it.

I'd like to give that S&M Canoe a try. Have a couple things to offer up in replacement. Let me know if I should add to it or if it looks good.

• Kabar Elephant Toe (Bikerector will recognize this one ;)) - Doesn't have a box. Lighter pull on the springs and in great shape. Got it off the exchange and admired it, but never really got into it. Was a pattern I always wanted to try but then realized I would never carry/use it, and I am not a collector, so back into the wild!
  • Boker Tech Tool - got it as part of an exchange deal on here and never used it. LNIB.
  • Mini Tuff Lite - added to an exchange deal on here and never used it
    ZuKXkml.jpg

Thanks Sabre. I think it better represents the PiF vs the "trading" metaphor that got stuck to it early on. Seems more like a stock of items that people can choose from, then you restock the tank. Like "take a penny, leave a penny." Anyone can add pennies, but can always take as long as you leave the collection as good or better than you found it.

Haha, certainly recognize that elephant toe. I had the same feelings about it. Glad I bought it or I'm sure I would have considered buying the GEC whaler that's completely uses to me, other than eye candy. They're big and awkward, IMO, but I bet people with big hands appreciate the larger perch.

Those boker tech tools have been an interest. Kind of wish you had used it as I would love to pick your brain about the usefulness of the saw and serrated skinner/pruner saw? Not sure what's on the opposing end of the knife blade. I don't use my victorinox as it is so feels like a waste to get another one to randomly place somewhere... but I've PIF'ed a lot of those "interests" so I have room for a few more now. Who ever claims that, I would be interested in a follow-up to see what you like/don't like about it. I'll be honest, having something different is part of the allure over getting a victorinox too and I've been impressed with boker's slipjoints compared to the cost of similar quality offerings.

Current Items up for grabs
  1. Defcon Prolelia from dkb45 dkb45 Post #164
  2. Thor Fire from @A-MAC post #314
  3. Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin post #399
  4. Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
  5. M7 bayonet from sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  6. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  7. Tuyaknife Talisman, Ruike P801 and Spyderco Doublestuff from @Minirehak212 post #567 & #572(pic)
  8. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  9. Case hunter & g-shock watch from sbh06 sbh06 post #709
  10. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  11. Wenger soldier/standard from sabre cat sabre cat post #763
  12. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  13. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  14. Kershaw teal Leek & CRKT tighe rod (together), and GEC 48 bloodwood trapper from bikerector bikerector post #783
  15. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from sabre cat sabre cat post #820
  16. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  17. OKC rat 2 from bikerector bikerector post #857
  18. Kabar elephant toe, CS tuff lite, & Boker tech tool from Deinos Deinos post #858
Upcoming PIF's
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • @ReservoirDog707 needs to send a PIF that has been claimed. Claimed in post #222, offered in post #196. For my reference, 716 original callout, 754/755 I got confused and removed, added back with 786.
  • @joeldworkin307 to ship kiwi to @WValtakis please get sorted and let us know when we can remove this callout.
List Version:
- Updated 6/10/18 8:53PM EST
- Added links to post # for easier navigation​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back