Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man! The endura arrived, and was wonderfully sharp. It is already being put to work.

dhiAOgp.jpg

WRt7gEm.jpg

[="Cursum Perficio, post: 18144428, member: 328913"] NCCNC NCCNC the Endura was mailed today, should be there within 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I just pulled out the wave and realized it has some rust spots on the main blade..because of this I am going to withdraw myself..that AFCK is a valuable knife and I don’t have anything for a comparable offering... I have also already participated once so will leave that goodness for the next interested person, I am sure it will go quick..

Any pics of the wave and what type of rust we're looking at on the blade?

I'd like to give that S&M Canoe a try. Have a couple things to offer up in replacement. Let me know if I should add to it or if it looks good.

• Kabar Elephant Toe (Bikerector will recognize this one ;)) - Doesn't have a box. Lighter pull on the springs and in great shape. Got it off the exchange and admired it, but never really got into it. Was a pattern I always wanted to try but then realized I would never carry/use it, and I am not a collector, so back into the wild!
  • Boker Tech Tool - got it as part of an exchange deal on here and never used it. LNIB.
  • Mini Tuff Lite - added to an exchange deal on here and never used it
    ZuKXkml.jpg

Thanks Sabre. I think it better represents the PiF vs the "trading" metaphor that got stuck to it early on. Seems more like a stock of items that people can choose from, then you restock the tank. Like "take a penny, leave a penny." Anyone can add pennies, but can always take as long as you leave the collection as good or better than you found it.

Do you know what the intended use of the serrated blade is opposite the main blade on the tech tool? Just curious if the angle relative to the handle has any significance.

Would a used, not abused, leatherman skeletool be a reasonable PIF for the boker tech tool? The bits and pocket clip got the most use as I rarely used it but carried it around a lot and the screwdriver was used occasionally at the office since this travels in my man-purse. Blade has some gum from box tape and finger prints, otherwise good condition. I'll get pics posted if it seems fair but I'll find something else to offer if I need to up the offering a little bit.

Do you know what the intended use of the serrated blade is opposite the main blade on the tech tool? Just curious if the angle relative to the handle has any significance.

Would a used, not abused, leatherman skeletool be a reasonable PIF for the boker tech tool? The bits and pocket clip got the most use as I rarely used it but carried it around a lot and the screwdriver was used occasionally at the office since this travels in my man-purse. Blade has some gum from box tape and finger prints, otherwise good condition. I'll get pics posted if it seems fair but I'll find something else to offer if I need to up the offering a little bit.

Good question on the serrated blade. I have seen a couple people mention it could be used as a rescue tool for seat belt cutting, etc. Stumped for other potential uses.

I think a Skeletool would be a fine PIF. I know I love mine! Could send you the mini tuff lite too if you like. Kill 2 knives with 1 box :D (no pressure, lol)

Good question on the serrated blade. I have seen a couple people mention it could be used as a rescue tool for seat belt cutting, etc. Stumped for other potential uses.

I think a Skeletool would be a fine PIF. I know I love mine! Could send you the mini tuff lite too if you like. Kill 2 knives with 1 box :D (no pressure, lol)

Not against the tuff lite, just not sure the skeletool covers it.

I do have a little remington baby stockman somewhere... let me try and dig that out tomorrow and I'll get back to you on the tuff lite.

Is there a desire for altoids tins in this thread at all? I know they hold some value to the bushcraft crowd. I like altoids and bushcraft so I bought a bulk pack of breath mints and now have half a dozen or so too many altoids tins (or other shapes of tins), at least until I finish the other five tins of mints. I could be persuaded to leave some mints in one too if you want to snack before using it for storage if you like altoids and the tins. I feel like this was a lot of talk about candy and their packaging.

Not against the tuff lite, just not sure the skeletool covers it.

I do have a little remington baby stockman somewhere... let me try and dig that out tomorrow and I'll get back to you on the tuff lite.

Is there a desire for altoids tins in this thread at all? I know they hold some value to the bushcraft crowd. I like altoids and bushcraft so I bought a bulk pack of breath mints and now have half a dozen or so too many altoids tins (or other shapes of tins), at least until I finish the other five tins of mints. I could be persuaded to leave some mints in one too if you want to snack before using it for storage if you like altoids and the tins. I feel like this was a lot of talk about candy and their packaging.
Sounds good either way. I'll consider you first in queue on the BTT (mini tuff to if you decide you want to add it). Shoot me a message either way you decide on it.

No, I think sabre cat was letting it sit for a bit for someone else to claim before pouncing
Pouncing? LOL, Nice use of words considering my name. :)
No, I have not pounced yet. I did want to let it sit for a bit. That was part of the reason why I delayed everything until at least the 16th.

I came online tonight planning to claim the RAT but, if someone now wants it, PIF to them.

Well, I'll get the knife in a package and whoever gives me an address first gets it.

Last edited:
Sounds good either way. I'll consider you first in queue on the BTT (mini tuff to if you decide you want to add it). Shoot me a message either way you decide on it.

Decided to just go for the tech tool, I just don't see using the mini tuff and I would gift it to someone else, might as well keep it up here for someone to claim, IMO. PM sent.

Offering a used leatherman skeletool. Some marks on the driver bits and blade but in good condition, nothing that would affect the uesfulness of this tool. Just never found myself using it much over the more portable SAK's. I'm also going to through in 3 altoids tins with anyone that want any of my other PIF's.

I also decided to throw in the little remington stockman I have. It's far too small for me and I received it in a lot purchase of other traditionals. If you have a use or it, great. Some rust on the blades and back of spring but the blades are in decent shape overall. Scales are in good shape. The handle is just over 2.5" so pretty close to the size of a peanut I think.

bHX7y7bl.jpg

dsPP0tpl.jpg

X7KfaCBl.jpg

xlvmeVyl.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to just go for the tech tool, I just don't see using the mini tuff and I would gift it to someone else, might as well keep it up here for someone to claim, IMO. PM sent.

Offering a used leatherman skeletool. Some marks on the driver bits and blade but in good condition, nothing that would affect the uesfulness of this tool. Just never found myself using it much over the more portable SAK's. I'm also going to through in 3 altoids tins with anyone that want any of my other PIF's.

I also decided to throw in the little remington stockman I have. It's far too small for me and I received it in a lot purchase of other traditionals. If you have a use or it, great. Some rust on the blades and back of spring but the blades are in decent shape overall. Scales are in good shape. The handle is just over 2.5" so pretty close to the size of a peanut I think.

bHX7y7bl.jpg

dsPP0tpl.jpg

X7KfaCBl.jpg

xlvmeVyl.jpg
If it's not a problem i would like to claim the leatherman. My offerings put me a little over on the Kizer I claimed so if it's okay with you I would like to add a Kershaw link in gray to my PIF list. That could be enough to cover the skeleton, if not I could put something else up.

If it's not a problem i would like to claim the leatherman. My offerings put me a little over on the Kizer I claimed so if it's okay with you I would like to add a Kershaw link in gray to my PIF list. That could be enough to cover the skeleton, if not I could put something else up.

I think if the link is in good condition we would be in good shape.

I'll try and get an updated list of offerings on my next break at work today, or this evening.

I think if the link is in good condition we would be in good shape.

I'll try and get an updated list of offerings on my next break at work today, or this evening.
The Link is in very good condition. Since I've had it I think I only carried it maybe 5 times. There is a little scuff on the aluminum scale next to the clip, but it isn't that bad. I'll get pictures up when I get out of work as well as an updated picture of everything I have up. I'm kinda shocked nothing has been claimed yet.

Current Items up for grabs
  1. Defcon Prolelia from @dkb45 Post #164 & 471
  2. Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin post #399
  3. Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
  4. M7 bayonet from sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  5. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  6. Tuyaknife Talisman, Ruike P801 and Spyderco Doublestuff from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #567 & #572(pic)
  7. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  8. Case hunter@sbh06 post #709
  9. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  10. Wenger soldier/standard from sabre cat sabre cat post #763
  11. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  12. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  13. Kershaw teal Leek & CRKT tighe rod (together), and GEC 48 bloodwood trapper from bikerector bikerector post #783
  14. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from sabre cat sabre cat post #820
  15. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  16. OKC rat 2 from bikerector bikerector post #857
  17. CS tuff lite from Deinos Deinos post #858
  18. Boker Congress from @WValtakis post #870
  19. Leatherman Wave & classic mora from @psmith27 post #894 & 897
  20. SOG vulcan from @dkb45 post #900
  21. gray Kershaw Dividend from @DRLyman post #990
  22. HI ang ghola Kukri with micarta handle from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1018
  23. Kershaw link from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #1054
Upcoming PIF's
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • @ReservoirDog707 needs to send a PIF that has been claimed. Claimed in post #222, offered in post #196. For my reference, 716 original callout, 754/755 I got confused and removed, added back with 786.
List Version:
- Updated 6/20/18 6:10PM EST​

@dkb45 Sorry I haven’t got a chance to put the Breeden in the mail yet. I have been running around non stop and couldn’t get to the post office before it closed. I will try to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.

sabre cat sabre cat & JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin (so is that like a cat with a sword and then a planet with armor and a bigger sword?), who's getting the Rat 2?

If you can't decide, heads or guns (finally a use for this interesting gift from a BF member a while ago, fitting)?
Zhqd85kl.jpg

a063eOpl.jpg

SoC5q2r.jpg

PIKtgRv.jpg

WoFgDMq.jpg

So as promised here is the Link and the full group shot. You can see a bit of clip scuffing and that random little mark, but the action is still rock solid and basically unused. Right after I bought this knife I got a Steel Will Modus and it instantly replaced it. So bikerector bikerector , would you mind if I take that leatherman off of your hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back