Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
bikerector bikerector I was mainly just asking because I saw it coming up on the available list and remembered it being claimed, albeit with a contingency.

I see, sounds like we may have had some confusion as sabre cat sabre cat was seeing if someone else wanted it and we thought your comment was asking if he claimed it so you could claim it. If you were just checking to make sure the list was accurate then it sounds like it's all sabre' if he still wants it. I'm being a bit pushy as I have 2 other things headed to the post office this week and I would like to get this to interested parties since I know there has been interest expressed.

The rat 2 has not officially been claimed from what I can tell, just discussion of the consideration of claiming it.

I feel like we had a similar situation with the congress where someone had a strong consideration for it but wanted to let it mellow for a little but before committing (Neko?).

Round two for the Endura!!!!!! I told myself I would use the fool out of it, if I was going to claim it!

ksXtLrZ.jpg

rdGCjWt.jpg

And round three from this afternoon. I hung a great one that REALLY put it to work!

6ynPXJf.jpg

iBxcmVJ.jpg

OUsrGoG.jpg

I will put up a new PIF.

A Wenger Soldier/Stanard Issue.

Offer#1 Produced in the early 1970's, this Wenger Soldier model sports the old style cross on its scales, plus it has the Waffen Kontrol stamp. The finish on the scales is in excellent shape; so, this would make a great display knife. The blade had some tip damage and has been dressed accordingly. When the knife is closed, you can't tell unless you know what you are looking for. This one has been in my permanent SAK collection but I plan to replace it with an earlier model. I just have to figure out where I put it.

Offer#2 Produced in 2004; the last year before Victorinox took them over.
Although the knife is not in perfect shape, it's close. There might be some minor scratches on the blade (I'll check) and there is a super small nick on one scale. Even I have to search for it. I was planning to keep this one for my Soldier/SI collection but I can get another.

The plan is that I will keep one and the other will become a PIF. Your choice. Will ship for free within the US.

What color is that Wenger soldier? Might be able to recruit a participant for the thread if it's black
https://bladeforums.com/threads/wtb-victorinox-soldier-black-beauty.1591877/

Am
Round two for the Endura!!!!!! I told myself I would use the fool out of it, if I was going to claim it!

ksXtLrZ.jpg

rdGCjWt.jpg

And round three from this afternoon. I hung a great one that REALLY put it to work!

6ynPXJf.jpg

iBxcmVJ.jpg

OUsrGoG.jpg

Man you got some angling skills!

What color is that Wenger soldier? Might be able to recruit a participant for the thread if it's black
https://bladeforums.com/threads/wtb-victorinox-soldier-black-beauty.1591877/
LOL. If it was the black beauty, it would be in my permanent knife collection. I've been searching for years The nearest I have found is a black Pioneer with a red shield. The true Alox Soldier knife was issued in red or silver. No other colors

What I am offering is a choice between two standard silver models. One is all silver with the early cross and Waffen Kontrol stamp. The second is the newer version with a red shield and no Waffen Kontrol stamp. Both are good solid users but neither one is in perfect shape. The scales are in fine shape on both knives but the blades do show some wear. More so on the Waffen Kontrol model. It has some tip damage and repair.

A fine knife as a daily user. You get to use a real Swiss Army knife.

OK Minirehak212 Minirehak212 bro, that Ruike P801 is still calling my name. I would like to give it a try if you accept my PIF offering. Excuse the hideous lighting in my house, like seriously everything is always dark, but I submit a small fixed blade a CRKT Side Hawg 3.
LnMl312.jpg

OK Minirehak212 Minirehak212 bro, that Ruike P801 is still calling my name. I would like to give it a try if you accept my PIF offering. Excuse the hideous lighting in my house, like seriously everything is always dark, but I submit a small fixed blade a CRKT Side Hawg 3.
LnMl312.jpg
Man that little thing looks sweet! I accept your offer man. Let me get your info and I can send it out to you either tomorrow or Friday. My email is minirehak at hotmail.com

Do you want me to keep the lanyard on or take it off for ya?

Not against the tuff lite, just not sure the skeletool covers it.

I do have a little remington baby stockman somewhere... let me try and dig that out tomorrow and I'll get back to you on the tuff lite.

Is there a desire for altoids tins in this thread at all? I know they hold some value to the bushcraft crowd. I like altoids and bushcraft so I bought a bulk pack of breath mints and now have half a dozen or so too many altoids tins (or other shapes of tins), at least until I finish the other five tins of mints. I could be persuaded to leave some mints in one too if you want to snack before using it for storage if you like altoids and the tins. I feel like this was a lot of talk about candy and their packaging.

No use for altoids tins for me.

100% interest in seeing these come back.
ad69524d7f45ec9fac2aa16de851ad9f.jpg

Last edited:
Rat 2 is claimed by sabre cat. I will get that shipped by the end of the weekend, hopefully sooner.

That Ang Khola is awesome, but I don't know if I have anything of similar value to offer up....

Are you looking for a Kuhkri? I need to get some pictures of the leatherman wave to see what the rust level is and then I might put up my blemished kuhkri as a PIF. I have a few options but I'm really curious what the wave looks like as I want to stash it in my car or garage, depending on where my gerber multi-tool compares and go from there.

Just a heads up, I haven't put something up for my claim on the Breeden. Since it's coming from Canada there's a fair chance I won't see it until near the end of the month. No need to rush to get my end out when I have a hot minute until I get it.

Thank you, I just pulled out the wave and realized it has some rust spots on the main blade..because of this I am going to withdraw myself..that AFCK is a valuable knife and I don’t have anything for a comparable offering... I have also already participated once so will leave that goodness for the next interested person, I am sure it will go quick..
Hey Smith, what type of rust are we talkin about on the blade? Any chance you can get a pic posted of it? I'm interested in claiming this one if it's not too bad.

I will try and get a picture up later..have work and then a function after that. Rust was spotty but I cleaned a good bit of it off..

Decided to just go for the tech tool, I just don't see using the mini tuff and I would gift it to someone else, might as well keep it up here for someone to claim, IMO. PM sent.

Offering a used leatherman skeletool. Some marks on the driver bits and blade but in good condition, nothing that would affect the uesfulness of this tool. Just never found myself using it much over the more portable SAK's. I'm also going to through in 3 altoids tins with anyone that want any of my other PIF's.

I also decided to throw in the little remington stockman I have. It's far too small for me and I received it in a lot purchase of other traditionals. If you have a use or it, great. Some rust on the blades and back of spring but the blades are in decent shape overall. Scales are in good shape. The handle is just over 2.5" so pretty close to the size of a peanut I think.

bHX7y7bl.jpg

dsPP0tpl.jpg

X7KfaCBl.jpg

xlvmeVyl.jpg
Hey, I don't mean to bug you on this but do you accept my Link as an offering for the leatherman? I know you were busy with that Rat thing and probably glanced over what I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back