Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
bikerector bikerector I got your little care package today. It came in kinda early but I didn't get a change to open it. I celebrated my 4 year anniversary with my girlfriend today. Here's a little picture to make some (maybe even all) of you jealous
121CaAM.jpg

Super close up of some delicious sweet potato fries!

But onto the stuff. Boy is this leatherman awesome! I've only ever had cheap multitool things so going from them to this was a HUGE step up for me. It has just the right tools for what I normally use so there's no extra stuff to fumble around with. It's going to get a lot of use. The little Remington Stockman is really neat as well. A lot of times I need some really small, precise cuts when I'm working with electronics so I can see it being pretty handy around the house. And the little mint tin is definitely being turned into a guitar amp. Thanks again man!!
Tsj5bpK.jpg

Edit* One more vote for the free grab man, I could not have kept up with this mess, good job

If I had enough to make what I think equals that Prolelia I'd probably claim it however also have the issue that it probably wouldn't be a keeper for me.
I'm getting to the point that I'm almost willing to fill in the value gap for somebody to take this knife. I just see its stupid face every day, almost mocking me because it knows nobody wants it.

I'm getting to the point that I'm almost willing to fill in the value gap for somebody to take this knife. I just see its stupid face every day, almost mocking me because it knows nobody wants it.

Blow it up!

I've been thinking of getting in on this cool Pay it forward thread. Is it open to Canadian members? Do I just post on here what I have to give then wait tell someone offers to trade or are there things available already to choose from? Thanks in advance. Trevor :D

Current Items up for grabs
  1. Defcon Prolelia from dkb45 dkb45 Post #164 & 471
  2. Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from @JupiterPaladin post #399
  3. Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
  4. M7 bayonet from sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  5. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  6. Tuyaknife Talisman and Spyderco Doublestuff from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #567 & #572(pic)
  7. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  8. Case hunter@sbh06 post #709
  9. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  10. Wenger soldier/standard from sabre cat sabre cat post #763
  11. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  12. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  13. Kershaw teal Leek & CRKT tighe rod (preferably together) from bikerector bikerector post #783
  14. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from sabre cat sabre cat post #820
  15. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  16. CS tuff lite from @Deinos post #858
  17. Leatherman Wave & classic mora from @psmith27 post #894 & 897
  18. SOG vulcan from dkb45 dkb45 post #900
  19. gray Kershaw Dividend from @DRLyman post #990 pics 1098
  20. Kershaw link from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #1054
  21. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladin post #1068
  22. S&M canoe from @Deinos Post #1084 Pic #1001
  23. Kershaw Leek Composite Blackwash from Kreyzhorse Kreyzhorse post #1108
  24. Kershaw 1550 Blackout from @theAntihero post #1122 pics #1125
  25. blue Alox Cadet and a Boker Plus Slack from blades&wrenches blades&wrenches post #1124
Upcoming PIF's

gray Kershaw Dividend potentially claimed by @kowalski7 pending an acceptable PIF offering
dkb45 pending arrival of Breeden rescue knife from Canada to US.

Unfinished (PIF) Business

• @ReservoirDog707 needs to send a PIF that has been claimed. Claimed in post #222, offered in post #196. For my reference, 716 original callout, 754/755 I got confused and removed, added back with 786.
List Version:
- Updated 6/25/18 12:10PM EST​

Looking through this post yesterday I said to myself - "man, this guy is putting a lot of work into this thread". AND - he is, so I concur - his effort on behalf of this thread is his PIF in spades. Hey bikerector, I hear there is a Defcon Prolelia looking for a new home. :)

Ray

Looking through this post yesterday I said to myself - "man, this guy is putting a lot of work into this thread". AND - he is, so I concur - his effort on behalf of this thread is his PIF in spades. Hey bikerector, I hear there is a Defcon Prolelia looking for a new home. :)

Ray
I concur with this Ray, Chad bikerector bikerector has made this thread work and continues to help keep track of the PIFs! What can we do for him? He deserves so much for his efforts.

Current Items up for grabs
  1. Defcon Prolelia from dkb45 dkb45 Post #164 & 471
  2. Kershaw Emerson CQC-11 & Timberline Discovery from @JupiterPaladin post #399
  3. Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
  4. M7 bayonet from sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  5. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  6. Tuyaknife Talisman and Spyderco Doublestuff from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #567 & #572(pic)
  7. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  8. Case hunter@sbh06 post #709
  9. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  10. Wenger soldier/standard from sabre cat sabre cat post #763
  11. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  12. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  13. Kershaw teal Leek & CRKT tighe rod (preferably together) from bikerector bikerector post #783
  14. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from sabre cat sabre cat post #820
  15. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  16. CS tuff lite from @Deinos post #858
  17. Leatherman Wave & classic mora from @psmith27 post #894 & 897
  18. SOG vulcan from dkb45 dkb45 post #900
  19. gray Kershaw Dividend from @DRLyman post #990 pics 1098
  20. Kershaw link from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #1054
  21. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladin post #1068
  22. S&M canoe from @Deinos Post #1084 Pic #1001
  23. Kershaw Leek Composite Blackwash from Kreyzhorse Kreyzhorse post #1108
  24. Kershaw 1550 Blackout from @theAntihero post #1122 pics #1125
  25. blue Alox Cadet and a Boker Plus Slack from blades&wrenches blades&wrenches post #1124
  26. Opinel N°08 Outdoor and Boker Pine Creek from RayseM RayseM post #1144 and #1154
Upcoming PIF's

gray Kershaw Dividend potentially claimed by @kowalski7 pending an acceptable PIF offering
dkb45 pending arrival of Breeden rescue knife from Canada to US.
Blue cadet and maybe boker claimed by F fishiker pending some decisions on needing the boker or not to claim from blades&wrenches

Unfinished (PIF) Business

• @ReservoirDog707 needs to send a PIF that has been claimed. Claimed in post #222, offered in post #196. For my reference, 716 original callout, 754/755 I got confused and removed, added back with 786.
List Version:
- Updated 6/26/18 8:51AM EST​

I've been thinking of getting in on this cool Pay it forward thread. Is it open to Canadian members? Do I just post on here what I have to give then wait tell someone offers to trade or are there things available already to choose from? Thanks in advance. Trevor :D

It is and we have just went through some shipping to and from Canada. A challenge has been some of the quicker opening knives being taken at the border and some discussion on that. I believe Lapedog Lapedog and @noob93 are from Canada who have participated.

I would disclose this in advance when claiming and you could be limited to some of the smaller stuff as the bigger items, only a few, may beat up the shipper for costs but that something to work out with the person with the offer. So far, it hasn't stopped the spirit of the thread so jump in and enjoy.

I appreciate the sentiments and I'll consider the free PIF idea but your thanks is good enough. And dare I say, the way to thank me is to PIF?

There's enough generosity I've seen on the forums in the 1.5 years I've been on that this seems like just a small thing. It really doesn't take too much time to keep the updates going unless it's been a few days.

Thanks for the commendation of efforts but I really just like seeing this thread continuing.

Unfortunately for the prolelia, I don't really do flippers anymore. I like them initially but when it comes to use I just don't care for them for some reason unless it's assisted which just adds enough neatness to make it tolerable. The leek and tighe are the only two I have left and they're listed above. The leek has a great blade shape I just have too many other nice offerings to carry around.

Just post what you have to offer. The goal is to "pay it forward" to someone else. It is not really about direct trading with somebody and most of the time it does not happen but, it can. Most of the time it becomes a three-person transaction.
You claim an item, offer an item and a third person will claim your offering.

Putting something up in return is considered proper and it keeps the thread alive and moving forward. However, somebody might not be able to do that. Then it becomes a judgment call by the person offering up the PIF item.
He (or she) can waive that requirement if need be. It happens quite offen in these threads.

UPDATE to posts #s 1144 AND 1154 on page 58 -

These are my own updated photos of the two knives I have offered for the S&M Canoe.

Opinel #08 Outdoor and a Boker Boker Pine Creek Wood 3-5/8" Fixed Blade w/sheath

PIF-Pair.jpg

Op-&-Bok.jpg

Opinel-Blade.jpg

Boker-Blade.jpg

Blades are in excellent condition - both sides & sharp. Handles and sheath are also in excellent condition. Read the threads on page 58 for more info.

Prefer to send both to the same address to keep the costs down BUT if you ask nicely and you live in the US, I most likely will oblige 2 shipments ;).

PLEASE NOTE - I will leave town tomorrow June 27 and will NOT BE BACK to mail anything until Friday July 6. Sorry if this is an inconvenience but such as it is, I will certainly mail knives Friday if there has been a request. I will be keeping tabs on BF throughout my time away.

Cheers, Ray

dkb45 dkb45 use it as a bribe. Keep it in your car and the next time you get pulled over before the cop can write you a speeding ticket quickly tell him how much you admire cops and love the work they do. How you know how how hard and thankless their jobs are.

Tell him because of that you are gifting him this wonderful knife as you had intended to give it to the first officer you saw.

It is and we have just went through some shipping to and from Canada. A challenge has been some of the quicker opening knives being taken at the border and some discussion on that. I believe Lapedog Lapedog and @noob93 are from Canada who have participated.

I would disclose this in advance when claiming and you could be limited to some of the smaller stuff as the bigger items, only a few, may beat up the shipper for costs but that something to work out with the person with the offer. So far, it hasn't stopped the spirit of the thread so jump in and enjoy.
That makes alot of since. Thank you for the heads up. Now to figure out what I'm going to pay forward. I'm quite sure I've got an item or 2 I could offer up.:D:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back