1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Anything of value can be put forward as a PIF. Just don’t put up your first born son.

@bikerector theres always going to be some that take advantage. No doubt they will return eventually. Then when they are called on it they will quickly state that either they themselves or their mother was in the hospital.

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  2. PWatkins

PWatkins Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Thanks, I have a Desantis cozy partner leather iwb right hand holster for a Springfield xds 3.3. It's used and has a few marks( can be seen in pic)from carry but still works just fine. I've used it with a xds 9mm but I believe the .40sw, .45acp and 9mm all are the same dimensions other than bore size.
    [​IMG]

3. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    What if someone offers up a full custom I mean be reasonable here :p

Lapedog likes this.
  4. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Just cause anything CAN be put up doesn’t mean anything SHOULD. ;)

5. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Really anything of value. We've had watches, sunglasses, resume consulting, graphic design, sheaths...

6. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Go ahead and email me

Aside from that, I have some more stuff I'm going to PiF. Got a CRKT Tighe something other (the first ones, backlock flipper), and a Spyderco Leafstorm that has seen better days. The Tighe is very lightly used, just fondled and flipped aside from making a few cuts into cardboard. The Leafstorm lost a fight with the previous owner on sharpening, and lost about 1/4" blade length and the action is on the stiff side. You can still flick it with practice. Spyderco sharpened it up and notched the blade giving me credit that I used towards my first PM2.

For the Leafstorm, I just want it to go to somebody who likes tiny knives and natural G10. It's been so messed up that I'd feel bad trying to stick a value on it, it's been chalked up in my loss column for years now. I *might* have the box, but it isn't too likely.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    woodysone likes this.
  7. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    I love Spyderco and tiny knives, so I would love to rehome this little guy. Email sent.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  8. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I have interest in that leafstorm. Sounds like it's right up my alley. Sheeps mini-grip blade style, more handle than cutting edge like my native 5. Not a fan of natural G10 but I'll figure out how to use RIT die or smear it in motor oil or something and stain it up.

Edit: didn't read far enough to see that JupiterPaladin claimed this already, nice snag. Jupiter, if you dislike it for whatever reason feel free to give me a shout before putting it back into the PIF pool.

9. Minirehak212

Minirehak212 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Shipping info sent :)

10. dkb45

Dec 16, 2012
    Alright I got 2 emails, one from somebody I don't know asking about claiming the Leafstorm (I would assume it was Jupiter) and an email from Minirehak. Just want to make sure you guys sent me those emails before I get your claims finalized.

11. Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    That was indeed me, sent from my Yahoo account

12. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    Oh yes sorry I just assumed mine was the only message at the time or so I thought. Mine was the yahoo email because I still have a yahoo account for some reason.

13. PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    @dkb45 is dealing with a couple of yahoos :p I'll see myself out

Lapedog, kniferbro, BTGuy and 5 others like this.
  14. Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    I still use my hotmail account, so don't feel bad. My email is the same as my username on here so there shouldn't be too much confusion

15. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    [​IMG]

16. dkb45

Dec 16, 2012
    Alright now that that is squared away, the Proelia is FINALLY claimed, and the Leafstorm is claimed pending discussion with Jupiter.

17. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Is the Proelia going to turn into some "monkey's paw"/curse item situation? Should we be worried for the recipient? :p
    upload_2018-6-28_9-58-10.jpeg

18. Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    I'm pretty worried actually....if I go silent after I receive this you'll know what happened

JupiterPaladin and Deinos like this.
  19. PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    You will go silent and then the Prolelia will create a profile and offer itself up to its next victim.

20. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    Hey @BTGuy if the WE is still available I'd like to claim it. Let me know!