Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I generally carry my knife pairing, one clipped to the pocket and a slippie in the pocket organizer (really need to try a space pen after not caring for a lighter or full-size pen in the 3rd pocket)
cpFzfQtl.jpg

I also like having a slipjoint in case I'm using it around people. I get less response in the lunch room.

Because I'm anal about food safety, I also won't open food packaging with a dirty knife, given the choice. Habit of the job that carried over everyday life. More importantly, it gives me an excuse to carry another knife everyday.

That's where I run into issues, I carry everything either clipped to my right front pocket, or loose in my right front pocket. That's been my knife pocket since just about forever. Might have to look into different slips for the Dom. Side note - this Urban carries insanely well. Just disappears in my pocket.

As for food safety.. Maybe I'm not the best example of that when it comes to using what I have on me. I've used knives that I carry for other purposes on food, now they weren't covered in motor oil or grime of any sort, again I tend to keep them relatively clean, but it'd still be a health code violation in any restaurant.

One of the nastiest things I've seen in life is one of my hunting buddies and I were heading up to his camp with some of his kids in tow when we came across a roadkilled raccoon laying on the side of the road. Well he took out his Buck 110 and cut the tail off to give to his son. I watched him clean it off with a wet paper towel/napkin and he stuck it back in the belt sheath. 80 miles later when we reached the camp, I saw him cutting up an apple with that very 110 without actually cleaning it anymore than that wet paper towel. Now I definitely don't do anything close to that, not even close. It's enough to make you gag.

That's where I run into issues, I carry everything either clipped to my right front pocket, or loose in my right front pocket. That's been my knife pocket since just about forever. Might have to look into different slips for the Dom. Side note - this Urban carries insanely well. Just disappears in my pocket.

As for food safety.. Maybe I'm not the best example of that when it comes to using what I have on me. I've used knives that I carry for other purposes on food, now they weren't covered in motor oil or grime of any sort, again I tend to keep them relatively clean, but it'd still be a health code violation in any restaurant.

One of the nastiest things I've seen in life is one of my hunting buddies and I were heading up to his camp with some of his kids in tow when we came across a roadkilled raccoon laying on the side of the road. Well he took out his Buck 110 and cut the tail off to give to his son. I watched him clean it off with a wet paper towel/napkin and he stuck it back in the belt sheath. 80 miles later when we reached the camp, I saw him cutting up an apple with that very 110 without actually cleaning it anymore than that wet paper towel. Now I definitely don't do anything close to that, not even close. It's enough to make you gag.

That story had me throw up in my mouth a little.

You want to see a dirty surface, check out most can openers in people's homes, especially the electric kind. They're not well designed the be cleaned.

bikerector bikerector hey man, me and @arrowhd worked out a deal with the USA Schrade. What I have to put up is a bundle of 2 BudK fixed blades and a little Gerber Ripstop folder. Note, the Opinel no.9 is there simply as a size reference and is not included.
a7uGepP.jpg

I will not require a PIF to claim these but they must be taken as a bundle. These are the last 3 blades in my pre quality knife collecting days and they are just taking up space.

So if somebody likes these, knows someone who will use them, or just wants a few knives to destroy then be my guest :)

I had one if the knuckle guard ones years ago that i gave my dad to use as a truck knife actually. Mine was black but it was a decent knife really

This is how I generally carry my knife pairing, one clipped to the pocket and a slippie in the pocket organizer (really need to try a space pen after not caring for a lighter or full-size pen in the 3rd pocket)
cpFzfQtl.jpg

I also like having a slipjoint in case I'm using it around people. I get less response in the lunch room.

Because I'm anal about food safety, I also won't open food packaging with a dirty knife, given the choice. Habit of the job that carried over everyday life. More importantly, it gives me an excuse to carry another knife everyday.
Nice pocket sheath! DiY or purchased?

92G4wIg.jpg
RGq4JT6.jpg

I make these from 80crV2 knife blanks, made in Sweeden. Valued at about $70?
Actual rayskin under cotton wrap

Yes. As a matter of fact, it is. Are you looking for anything special?
Do you happen to have an Ontario M7 by chance? My dad has been tryin to get one again since he left the service, and that would make a fine birthday gift

Nice pocket sheath! DiY or purchased?

Cheapest one I could find on etsy from a guy making them on there. Eventually I want to get something a little nicer but it's been holding up pretty well for the last year or two of daily use, including sweating in summer months.

Actually, pretty simple design. I may get some fabric and try it myself. Maybe use some worn out jeans or kahki's.

Cheapest one I could find on etsy from a guy making them on there. Eventually I want to get something a little nicer but it's been holding up pretty well for the last year or two of daily use, including sweating in summer months.

Actually, pretty simple design. I may get some fabric and try it myself. Maybe use some worn out jeans or kahki's.
Definitely seems sturdy. So far the only pocket sheath I have is a pocono from KSF.

92G4wIg.jpg
RGq4JT6.jpg

I make these from 80crV2 knife blanks, made in Sweeden. Valued at about $70?
Actual rayskin under cotton wrap

Just for clarification, is this an official offering to the thread or are you waiting on the M7 bayonet discussion to wrap up before making it official?

Estimation of specs, 3.5" handle 2"-2.25" blade.? Seems like a great EDC size for a fixed blade.

Just for clarification, is this an official offering to the thread or are you waiting on the M7 bayonet discussion to wrap up before making it official?

Estimation of specs, 3.5" handle 2"-2.25" blade.? Seems like a great EDC size for a fixed blade.

This is my offering to the thread, whether the m7 is there or not. Free game for whomever would like it!

Specs aren't perfect, but
2.25" blade
3.75" handle
Just a hair over 6" oal

Do you happen to have an Ontario M7 by chance? My dad has been tryin to get one again since he left the service, and that would make a fine birthday gift
Let me check. I don't think so but I do have 4 or 5 left. You do know that Ontario made them under contract for other companies, right?

Which sheath markings do you want?

Let me check. I don't think so but I do have 4 or 5 left. You do know that Ontario made them under contract for other companies, right?
Im not sure. My dad was telling me that the army contracted them for OKC? I'm not sure, though

Current Items up for grabs
  1. Timberline Discovery from @JupiterPaladin post #399 *No PIF required in return*
  2. Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
  3. M7 bayonet from sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  4. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  5. Tuyaknife Talisman from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #567 & #572(pic)
  6. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  7. Case hunter@sbh06 post #709
  8. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  9. Wenger soldier/standard from sabre cat sabre cat post #763
  10. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  11. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  12. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from sabre cat sabre cat post #820
  13. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  14. CS tuff lite from Deinos Deinos post #858
  15. Leatherman Wave & classic mora from @psmith27 post #894 & 897
  16. SOG vulcan from @dkb45 post #900
  17. gray Kershaw Dividend from @DRLyman post #990 pics 1098
  18. Kershaw link from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #1054
  19. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladin post #1068
  20. Kershaw 1550 Blackout from T theAntihero post #1122 pics #1125
  21. Opinel N°08 Outdoor and Boker Pine Creek from @RayseM post #1144 and #1154
  22. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
  23. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
  24. CRKT Tighe from @dkb45 post #1246
  25. Utica Catskill & Kershaw Westin from @Pearly_Baker post #1280
  26. *AUTO* HK Entourage from @dkb45 post #1307, pics pending
  27. CRKT Squid from @arrowhd post #1366
  28. Schrade viper, opinel 8, buck packlite caper from M McFeeli post #1404 and vid of schrade #1406
  29. Cold Steel Black Talon II from @thesteelpanther post #1414
  30. 2 BudK fixed blades and a little Gerber Ripstop folder (no PIF needed) from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #1436
  31. 2 Fiddleback forge pint glasses and bonus tin survival kit if wanted from bikerector bikerector post #1432
  32. 2.25" Little kwaiken, 80crV2 from Ferahgo Ferahgo post #1446
  33. Binlun wrist watch from bikerector bikerector post #1459
  34. Gold membership from Minirehak212 Minirehak212
Upcoming PIF's
  • item 33 little kwaiken claimed by woodysone
Unfinished (PIF) Business

@AdamFuzzyballs needs to ship to bark river or let us know that, that action has been taken please.

List Version:

- Updated 7/16/18 6:15PM EST​

Last edited:
I'm throwing this binlun watch back into the ring I received earlier from TLE Sharp. It's cool looking, just not my style after wearing it a few times.

yaofESYl.jpg

Current Items up for grabs
  1. Timberline Discovery from @JupiterPaladin post #399 *No PIF required in return*
  2. Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
  3. M7 bayonet from sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  4. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  5. Tuyaknife Talisman from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #567 & #572(pic)
  6. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  7. Case hunter@sbh06 post #709
  8. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  9. Wenger soldier/standard from sabre cat sabre cat post #763
  10. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  11. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  12. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from sabre cat sabre cat post #820
  13. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  14. CS tuff lite from Deinos Deinos post #858
  15. Leatherman Wave & classic mora from @psmith27 post #894 & 897
  16. SOG vulcan from @dkb45 post #900
  17. gray Kershaw Dividend from @DRLyman post #990 pics 1098
  18. Kershaw link from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #1054
  19. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladin post #1068
  20. Kershaw 1550 Blackout from T theAntihero post #1122 pics #1125
  21. Opinel N°08 Outdoor and Boker Pine Creek from @RayseM post #1144 and #1154
  22. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
  23. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
  24. CRKT Tighe from @dkb45 post #1246
  25. Utica Catskill & Kershaw Westin from @Pearly_Baker post #1280
  26. *AUTO* HK Entourage from @dkb45 post #1307, pics pending
  27. CRKT Squid from @arrowhd post #1366
  28. Schrade viper, opinel 8, buck packlite caper from M McFeeli post #1404 and vid of schrade #1406
  29. Cold Steel Black Talon II from @thesteelpanther post #1414
  30. Mora companion stainless, mora clipper carbon, Gerber Air Ranger from Fixall Fixall post #1420
  31. 2 BudK fixed blades and a little Gerber Ripstop folder from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #1436
  32. 2 Fiddleback forge pint glasses and bonus tin survival kit if wanted from bikerector bikerector post #1432
  33. 2.25" Little kwaiken, 80crV2 from Ferahgo Ferahgo post #1446
  34. Binlun wrist watch from bikerector bikerector post #
Upcoming PIF's
  • None
Unfinished (PIF) Business

@AdamFuzzyballs needs to ship to bark river or let us know that, that action has been taken please.

List Version:

- Updated 7/16/18 6:15PM EST​
Could you add in for #31 that I am not requiring a PIF in return

And I claimed the two Moras from Fixall Fixall in exchange for a Gold Subscription.

Dude you really need to kick me out of this thread, I'm loving it way too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back