Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
psmith27 psmith27 I would like to claim the leatherman wave and mora. I think the urban, fiddleback glasses, and watch will cover it as I haven't claimed anything from them.

Could you add in for #31 that I am not requiring a PIF in return

And I claimed the two Moras from @Fixall in exchange for a Gold Subscription.

Dude you really need to kick me out of this thread, I'm loving it way too much

Got it, I took the gerber that was also posted off as my interpretation of what was mentioned was that was an optional addition.

Be careful! I will have more up soon
I’ll have to keep my eyes on this thread.

I’ve always wanted a little kwaiken.

You say you make them out of pukko blanks? Do these come with a scandi grind by any chance?

I’ll have to keep my eyes on this thread.

I’ve always wanted a little kwaiken.

You say you make them out of pukko blanks? Do these come with a scandi grind by any chance?

There are a few different grinds, brands, and even styles. I can post up a few of my blanks in a bit

There are a few different grinds, brands, and even styles. I can post up a few of my blanks in a bit

Please don't take this the wrong way but I just want to caution using this thread as a way to push your wares. Certainly, gaining interest from giving away something is a means of not only marketing but giving someone the opportunity to try something they could love but I think if it gets to the point of "here are my wares, what would you like?" then it may be better served in a PM or through a different thread.

Does this seem out of line at all, or am I making no sense? I want to make sure we don't detract to much from the theme of the thread since it seemed a while ago if it becomes like a trade or sale thread then it is likely to get locked.

I guess I'm just saying there's a line in there somewhere and try to be aware of it since it seems like this is something you make and sell so try and separate the gifting portion from the selling portion as best as possible. There have been other service providers offering up there services for this and other PIF's, I think displaying all of your options could be flirting a little closer to the line.

I may just be tired and grumpy from working through a presentation and paper this evening. I'm certainly not a mod and this is a community effort so if I'm the only one thinking this then carry on.

On second thought because of the sheath I probably would pass. I mostly in waist band carry

To go somewhat against what I literally just stated about "pushing product," those kwaikens could be a great fit for a pre-made sheath like those found from collectorknives which should fit into a waist band nicely. I only mention these because they are one of the only off-the-shelf clip sheaths and slips I know of like this. I think victorinox has some for folders but with a flap cover.

Large clip sheath in the picture for both slip and fixed sheath.
https://www.collectorknives.net/sho...leather-fixed-clip-small-front-pocket-sheath/

nOwwRxPl.jpg

B46AcP4l.jpg

vRSdJDsl.jpg

bikerector bikerector
Nah man, I totally get where you are coming from. It could certainly feel like I am trying to shill my stuff, and I appologize if it came across that way.
I have NO intention of selling these on the BF right now, as i do not hold a paid membership. Whether in pm or not. I might have, however, made something a little more custom as a gift if lapedog were interesyes
Again, I completely get where you are coming from, though

To go somewhat against what I literally just stated about "pushing product," those kwaikens could be a great fit for a pre-made sheath like those found from collectorknives which should fit into a waist band nicely. I only mention these because they are one of the only off-the-shelf clip sheaths and slips I know of like this. I think victorinox has some for folders but with a flap cover.

Large clip sheath in the picture for both slip and fixed sheath.
https://www.collectorknives.net/sho...leather-fixed-clip-small-front-pocket-sheath/

nOwwRxPl.jpg

B46AcP4l.jpg

vRSdJDsl.jpg

Thank you for the great suggestion! These could come in very handy.

However I don’t think they are an affiliated blade forums seller so please remove the direct link to their sales page. I would hate for such a great guy like you to get an infraction.

Thank you though!

Thank you for the great suggestion! These could come in very handy.

However I don’t think they are an affiliated blade forums seller so please remove the direct link to their sales page. I would hate for such a great guy like you to get an infraction.

Thank you though!

Collectorknives is an affiliate. Mike is a great guy and stays reasonably active in the traditionals forum (the porch). His username is KnifeSwapper with a dealer status.

bikerector bikerector
Nah man, I totally get where you are coming from. It could certainly feel like I am trying to shill my stuff, and I appologize if it came across that way.
I have NO intention of selling these on the BF right now, as i do not hold a paid membership. Whether in pm or not. I might have, however, made something a little more custom as a gift if lapedog were interesyes
Again, I completely get where you are coming from, though

Thanks for the understanding.

This is how I generally carry my knife pairing, one clipped to the pocket and a slippie in the pocket organizer (really need to try a space pen after not caring for a lighter or full-size pen in the 3rd pocket)
cpFzfQtl.jpg

I also like having a slipjoint in case I'm using it around people. I get less response in the lunch room.

Because I'm anal about food safety, I also won't open food packaging with a dirty knife, given the choice. Habit of the job that carried over everyday life. More importantly, it gives me an excuse to carry another knife everyday.
Dang, I could of put one in the box and sent it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back