Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabre cat

Basic Member
Do you happen to have an Ontario M7 by chance? My dad has been tryin to get one again since he left the service, and that would make a fine birthday gift

Well, I checked and I don't have an Ontario M7. One or two of my friends might. I can check with them and see if they want to trade with me. It might take a little while though. When is your fathers birthday? Sorry, I guess I should of ask that a little differently. How soon do you need it?

Well, I checked and I don't have an Ontario M7. One or two of my friends might. I can check with them and see if they want to trade with me. It might take a little while though. When is your fathers birthday? Sorry, I guess I should of ask that a little differently. How soon do you need it?

Don't go through the trouble, mate. I can pick one up for him, I just thought this would have been a cool way to do it.
Thanks anyways!

Fixall

Gold Member
Platinum Member
Got it, I took the gerber that was also posted off as my interpretation of what was mentioned was that was an optional addition.

Yea, it's whatever with the Gerber Air Ranger. They're only like $15 at Cabelas (although they are surprisingly decent with good action for the price, although the steel is meh). If Minirehak212 Minirehak212 would like me to throw it in with the Moras, cool. If someone else wants to claim it, cool. If no one wants it, that's cool too, lol.

Last edited:

sabre cat

Basic Member
Don't go through the trouble, mate. I can pick one up for him, I just thought this would have been a cool way to do it.
Thanks anyways!
I agree it would be a cool way to do it. I don't have a problem checking and my friends don't care who made them. One person is a neighbor and another is my boss. I will see them both later this week. Let me get back to you Thursday evening. I should know by then. Maybe Wed.

As for the scabbard, any M8A1 scabbard marked PWH is correct. You may also find some scabbards marked VIZ. Those are also correct but much harder to find. Most collectors ignore the VIZ model because the PWH is accepted as the standard M7 scabbard but, VIZ were produced only from May-November 1969, making them quite rare.

Finally, you may also find M7s with the black M10 scabbard. If my information is correct, it should be marked MFG 2V376 if you want the correct one for the Ontario contract.

Last edited:
Yea, it's whatever with the Gerber Air Ranger. They're only like $15 at Cabelas (although they are surprisingly decent with good action for the price, although the steel is meh). If Minirehak212 Minirehak212 would like me to throw it in with the Moras, cool. If someone else wants to claim it, cool. If no one wants it, that's cool too, lol.
I guess I can take it off of your hands. I really don't have a sharpening test knife at this point so a cheap little thing like that could come in handy

Kreyzhorse

Gold Member
Please don't take this the wrong way but I just want to caution using this thread as a way to push your wares. Certainly, gaining interest from giving away something is a means of not only marketing but giving someone the opportunity to try something they could love but I think if it gets to the point of "here are my wares, what would you like?" then it may be better served in a PM or through a different thread.

Does this seem out of line at all, or am I making no sense? I want to make sure we don't detract to much from the theme of the thread since it seemed a while ago if it becomes like a trade or sale thread then it is likely to get locked.

I guess I'm just saying there's a line in there somewhere and try to be aware of it since it seems like this is something you make and sell so try and separate the gifting portion from the selling portion as best as possible. There have been other service providers offering up there services for this and other PIF's, I think displaying all of your options could be flirting a little closer to the line.

I may just be tired and grumpy from working through a presentation and paper this evening. I'm certainly not a mod and this is a community effort so if I'm the only one thinking this then carry on.

Thanks for keeping this thread on the right path. I've taken and offered a few knives on this thread and it ccould become borderline "for trade" thread pretty quickly without some control.

Appreciate all you've done to keep it going.

woodysone

Gold Member
@T.L.E. Sharp 3fifty7 3fifty7 I sent him a couple of kitchen knives that I put together a a wedding present, they were perfect. If I had put an edge on them you would see those scratches above the bevel. Could you please send me a card, they were asking me to sharpen them again and I would much rather that you handle them.;)

bikerector

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Current Items up for grabs
  1. Timberline Discovery from JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin post #399 *No PIF required in return*
  2. Havalon quik change blade from 3fifty7 3fifty7 post #427
  3. M7 bayonet from sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  4. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  5. Tuyaknife Talisman from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #567 & #572(pic)
  6. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  7. Case [email protected] post #709
  8. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  9. Wenger soldier/standard from sabre cat sabre cat post #763
  10. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  11. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  12. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from sabre cat sabre cat post #820
  13. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  14. CS tuff lite from @Deinos post #858
  15. SOG vulcan from @dkb45 post #900
  16. gray Kershaw Dividend from @DRLyman post #990 pics 1098
  17. Kershaw link from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #1054
  18. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from JupiterPaladin JupiterPaladin post #1068
  19. Kershaw 1550 Blackout from @theAntihero post #1122 pics #1125
  20. Opinel N°08 Outdoor and Boker Pine Creek from RayseM RayseM post #1144 and #1154
  21. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
  22. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
  23. CRKT Tighe from @dkb45 post #1246
  24. Utica Catskill & Kershaw Westin from Pearly_Baker Pearly_Baker post #1280
  25. *AUTO* HK Entourage from @dkb45 post #1307, pics pending
  26. CRKT Squid from arrowhd arrowhd post #1366
  27. Schrade viper, opinel 8, buck packlite caper from @McFeeli post #1404 and vid of schrade #1406
  28. Cold Steel Black Talon II from @thesteelpanther post #1414
  29. 2 BudK fixed blades and a little Gerber Ripstop folder (no PIF needed) from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 post #1436
  30. 2 Fiddleback forge pint glasses and bonus tin survival kit if wanted from bikerector bikerector post #1432
  31. Binlun wrist watch from bikerector bikerector post #1459
  32. Gold membership from Minirehak212 Minirehak212
Upcoming PIF's
  • None
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • None
List Version:
- Updated 7/17/18 8:40PM EST​

Last edited:

woodysone

Gold Member
Do you owe a PIF or did you have one banked? I feel like you have more than a few but want to check as those are hard to keep track of.
I believe I have more then one, I don't have the post numbers of what I put up, but if anyone wants me too I can look them up.

Earl1

Gold Member
Here are a few pictures of the Utica Catskill Drop Point Hunter and the Kershaw Westin:

uuot9Bh.jpg

vhpO81E.jpg
Would a kershaw ferrite be an appropriate pif for the kershaw Weston ?

Earl1

Gold Member
Looks like the Ferrite is worth a little more. If you're comfortable with that, the Westin is all yours.
That is fine. I thought the ferrite was worth a little more but I don't use it.maybe been carried 8 to 10 times and cut a couple boxes open with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.