Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Double Stuff from Minirehak212 Minirehak212 (thanks!) came in yesterday and I love it! The leather pouch is also excellent! Way higher quality than I was expecting. I was going to wait until my upcoming camping trip to use it, but my dog decided he just HAD to go to the bathroom a bit before 5:30am today and I figured why not go for a walk and watch the sunrise. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to break out the Double Stuff and touch up my Opinel No. 7. :D

I'm lucky enough to have a HUGE, protected wetlands area in my backyard, so this was taken right at the border of that. It's been a good day. :)

gpjDmV2.jpg
It's funny, the first thing I used on it when I first got it was my Opinel No. 9. I'm stoked to see that you like it man, really put that thing to good use. I may just go and pick up another one for myself, you're making me a little jealous ;)

Please post some pictures when you get this set up back! Love to see @Makael work, is he easy to deal with?

I don't want to openly comment on that now since he only received them yesterday and so we're only 1/2 or so through the process. I will say that he does some pretty neat work. There was a really nice BK4 sheath posted up recently and the 5160 buck 119 that I claimed from this thread came with a sheath he made.

I'll post up the finished product but I would like to keep detailed personal reviews to PM's or possibly a different thread. I'm sure posting it up in the busse forum would get some traffic even though they like the kydex a lot over there.

JTKqzOGl.jpg

Is it ok to PIF with a custom knife scale for a production knife?

As long as the value is similar to what is being claimed. The person who offered the item has final say in the value of their offering vs what is being offered but most people have been very good about offering up similar value items with only a few adjustments, like adding in a mora or an opinel kind of addition.

The scale would be more then what I hope to claim.
It would be a scale with CF & Green G10 for a Zt562, I was wanting to claim the Gold memebership for BladeForums.

Not to speak for him, but I can't see Minirehak212 Minirehak212 having an issue with that... The cheapest G10/CF scales I can find for a Zt562 are $70+.

Last edited:
The scale would be more then what I hope to claim.
It would be a scale with CF & Green G10 for a Zt562, I was wanting to claim the Gold memebership for BladeForums.
Yeah I have absolutely no problem with that. Just as a piece of advice, it would help to tag the person you are claiming from just so we don't miss it.

Enjoy the shiny gold membership :)

bikerector bikerector you can take that off of the list now

If I didn't already have a 562CF, I'd be all over that scale. It would be a waste to claim it for a different CF. Now if it was a green twill or green accented CF...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back