1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pay it forward. Yes were doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

1. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Please post some pictures when you get this set up back! Love to see @Makael work, is he easy to deal with?

bikerector and JupiterPaladin like this.
  2. Minirehak212

Minirehak212 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 1, 2018
    It's funny, the first thing I used on it when I first got it was my Opinel No. 9. I'm stoked to see that you like it man, really put that thing to good use. I may just go and pick up another one for myself, you're making me a little jealous ;)

Fixall likes this.
  3. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    What if we ask nice? Pretty please with micarta on top? ;)

bikerector likes this.
  4. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I don't want to openly comment on that now since he only received them yesterday and so we're only 1/2 or so through the process. I will say that he does some pretty neat work. There was a really nice BK4 sheath posted up recently and the 5160 buck 119 that I claimed from this thread came with a sheath he made.

I'll post up the finished product but I would like to keep detailed personal reviews to PM's or possibly a different thread. I'm sure posting it up in the busse forum would get some traffic even though they like the kydex a lot over there.

[​IMG]

Makael and JupiterPaladin like this.
  5. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Been wanting to get something special for a fixed blade and have seen some of his work in sheaths and such, very clean work!

Makael, bikerector and JupiterPaladin like this.
  6. Impulse600

Impulse600

May 24, 2016
    Is it ok to PIF with a custom knife scale for a production knife?

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  7. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    It will need to be a lot of micarta... and attached to a knife... a big one... like the ratweiler. See the dilemma? :)

8. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    It sure is. You can PIF anything really. We've had sheath, pistol holsters, fishing gear, and flashlights offered up.

9. bikerector

Nov 16, 2016
    As long as the value is similar to what is being claimed. The person who offered the item has final say in the value of their offering vs what is being offered but most people have been very good about offering up similar value items with only a few adjustments, like adding in a mora or an opinel kind of addition.

10. Impulse600

Impulse600

May 24, 2016
    The scale would be more then what I hope to claim.
    It would be a scale with CF & Green G10 for a Zt562, I was wanting to claim the Gold memebership for BladeForums.

Minirehak212 and JupiterPaladin like this.
  11. Impulse600

Impulse600

May 24, 2016
    I can post a pic if people like.

12. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Not to speak for him, but I can't see @Minirehak212 having an issue with that... The cheapest G10/CF scales I can find for a Zt562 are $70+.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Minirehak212 likes this.
  13. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Please do post a pic. No one is going to claim a custom scale if they don’t know what it looks like.

JupiterPaladin and Fixall like this.
  14. Minirehak212

Minirehak212 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Yeah I have absolutely no problem with that. Just as a piece of advice, it would help to tag the person you are claiming from just so we don't miss it.

Enjoy the shiny gold membership :)

@bikerector you can take that off of the list now

15. Impulse600

Impulse600

May 24, 2016
    [​IMG]
    For those who dont want to leave the site.

Fixall likes this.
  16. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Boy @Impulse600 those are some really nice looking scales, kind of wish I still had a 562.

17. Impulse600

Impulse600

May 24, 2016
    Thanks man but it hopefully soon it will be someone else's nice looking scale :)

Lapedog likes this.
  18. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Impulse600 likes this.
  19. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    If I didn't already have a 562CF, I'd be all over that scale. It would be a waste to claim it for a different CF. Now if it was a green twill or green accented CF...