Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the wire binding that Neko makes? My work notebook finally fell apart so I really need to get back with him to get a pocket notebook.

Maybe? I don't know if he calls this a wire binding or if theres another he uses as well. It's basically a bit of bungee cord with toggles on the ends. Like cufflinks. Mine's a couple years old now, so it clearly holds up well.

Maybe? I don't know if he calls this a wire binding or if theres another he uses as well. It's basically a bit of bungee cord with toggles on the ends. Like cufflinks. Mine's a couple years old now, so it clearly holds up well.
Probably not. He has some type of cable type thing that's supposed to be amazingly durable but I think setup simpler, minus being elastic. I was going to ask your thoughts on that binding style.

20180731_201152.jpg

Maybe these? They're a wire/cable with a sort of ball and socket connector. Certainly VERY durable, but probably not back pocket friendly.

Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested in a notebook. I tried to mostly stay quiet so I didn't derail the thread or cross the line between craft and dealer in the eyes of the mods.

I would like to claim

“Cold Steel Black Talon IIfrom @thesteelpantherpost #1414

I messaged him and will post something up when I hear back from him.

I'm not looking to claim anything and I don't know if anyone is interested in small budget fixed blades, but I have these two that could use a good home.

The Winchester I got as part of a PiF in a previous thread. I used it a bit but I have other fixed blades now that I use more so it mostly just sits in a bag in my closet, which is a shame since it's not a bad knife at all.

The CRKT neck knife is new in box. It was an impulse buy that I've never used so it might as well go to someone else who will appreciate it more. :)

28790515287_3f295784af_b.jpg

43518633571_4dc4422ec7_b.jpg

28790515317_da70473152_b.jpg
Hmm.....i had considered picking up a SPEW awhile back.....

Hello friends. I apologize for not posting last night. It’s the end of the month here at Ford and things are crazy trying to get all the sales funded. I claimed the Bruiser. I would like to put up a H&k Plan D fixed blade Americanized karambit. Pistol retention knife. I will post pics soon.

I'm not looking to claim anything and I don't know if anyone is interested in small budget fixed blades, but I have these two that could use a good home.

The Winchester I got as part of a PiF in a previous thread. I used it a bit but I have other fixed blades now that I use more so it mostly just sits in a bag in my closet, which is a shame since it's not a bad knife at all.

The CRKT neck knife is new in box. It was an impulse buy that I've never used so it might as well go to someone else who will appreciate it more. :)

28790515287_3f295784af_b.jpg

43518633571_4dc4422ec7_b.jpg

28790515317_da70473152_b.jpg
Tell me, how did the Winchester hold up? I ask because a friend gave me one and I am considering it for my wife's bug out bag.

A fun story behind the one I received. It was on clearance and marked .79 cents. Figuring the price tag was a typo, my friend questioned the cashier about the price. Yes, it was priced correctly at that price. Ken purchased all they had much to the displeasure of the customer behind him.

OK, time to add something else to the PIF coffers.

Buck X-Tract Essential #0735PLS-B Cat. 3181

It's kind of a cross between a knife and a multi-tool. I've never seen one before. You get a drop point blade, scissors and both Phillips and flathead screwdrivers. Lightweight, all metal construction w/pocket clip. Kind of a fun piece of kit.

It's new but the box has been opened. Willing to combine with other items I have up for grabs.

Shipping within the US is covered. Contact me about shipping elsewhere.

Last edited:
That would be 80crV2. Great stuff, nice high carbon.
Lemme know how the epoxy acts with the rayskin!

Tell me, how did the Winchester hold up? I ask because a friend gave me one and I am considering it for my wife's bug out bag.
I can't say I put it to hard or heavy use, but for puttering around the house and in the garden, it did just fine. Seems solid and holds an edge decently enough for what it is. At a 79 cent price point, it's a fantastic knife. ;) :thumbsup:

I should add that no PiF is necessary for the two knives I have up for grabs. They're both budget fixed blades so they're fair game for anyone who can use 'em. :)

Hello friends. I apologize for not posting last night. It’s the end of the month here at Ford and things are crazy trying to get all the sales funded. I claimed the Bruiser. I would like to put up a H&k Plan D fixed blade Americanized karambit. Pistol retention knife. I will post pics soon.
I'd like to claim this. I'm not sure of its value. I have a iwb holster in the pif. I'm sure I can find something to add to make up the difference if need be.
Shoot me a PM when get a chance if you dont mind.

I can't say I put it to hard or heavy use, but for puttering around the house and in the garden, it did just fine. Seems solid and holds an edge decently enough for what it is. At a 79 cent price point, it's a fantastic knife. ;) :thumbsup:

I should add that no PiF is necessary for the two knives I have up for grabs. They're both budget fixed blades so they're fair game for anyone who can use 'em. :)
Thank you for the quick response. I would have to agree, for .79 cents, it's a heck of a knife. It appears that mine was packaged with the wrong sheath. It works fine but, that would explain why it was on sale. I think it will work quite well for my wife's bag.
If she will only agree to it. She keeps saying that her gear should be fun. What ever that means.

Thank you for the quick response. I would have to agree, for .79 cents, it's a heck of a knife. It appears that mine was packaged with the wrong sheath. It works fine but, that would explain why it was on sale. I think it will work quite well for my wife's bag.
If she will only agree to it. She keeps saying that her gear should be fun. What ever that means.
My wife woukd kill me if i put something that inexpensive in her pack. If a need ever arises she should have a decent knife to count on.

My wife woukd kill me if i put something that inexpensive in her pack. If a need ever arises she should have a decent knife to count on.

I feel like I need to say that the regular retail price of the Winchester fixed blade is around $15-20. I'm not sure why the one sabre cat sabre cat has was discounted so much, but it's not usually sold for 79 cents. It's a budget knife, but it's not a piece of junk. That said, you make a good point about making sure whatever goes into a bug out bag is functional and reliable.

This has got to qualify for best budget knife bar none at .79!

I would be happy to set her up with any high-quality knife that she wants but, she's very down to earth. As long as it fits her hand, she's happy. This Winchester gives me a place to start. I can always change it out for something better.

My wife has a completely different perspective on knives than I do. If it fits her hand, she's happy. She could care less about steels and workmanship. As you can guess, this drives me nuts! If she doesn't like something, she won't use it no matter what the quality or price.

I have never met any woman that is less "high-maintenance" than she is. This makes her an absolute joy to be around most of the time. When she's not, it is normally my fault.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back