Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fantastic idea. Maybe even micarta for "composite toe" slippers. Paracord wrapped kevlar or carbon fiber and micarta toes? slippers for the knife enthusiast who has slippery fingers.

I guess the real questions are what steel do I use and should it be stainless or carbon steel?
Stainless. Feet get sweaty in slippers. With kray-ex outsoles of course.

I say you should just keep it and remove it from the PIF. It's been up for awhile and no one seemed interested. Honestly you will probably get more use out if it than I will.
But you claimed it and put up an offering, I don't think that's too fair for you. I wasn't about to go and remove my offering. I can send you one. It's a cheap knife, I don't mind ordering one. Would you want the one I offered or a brand new one?

But you claimed it and put up an offering, I don't think that's too fair for you. I wasn't about to go and remove my offering. I can send you one. It's a cheap knife, I don't mind ordering one. Would you want the one I offered or a brand new one?

Seriously, don't worry about it. If you're using it, keep doing so. I was just curious to see how close in size it is to the Launch 1 I already have. I'm not hurting for knives to carry and use.

Seriously, don't worry about it. If you're using it, keep doing so. I was just curious to see how close in size it is to the Launch 1 I already have. I'm not hurting for knives to carry and use.
I haven't touched it since I put it up in this thread, Besides looking at it and flipping it. You claimed the knife so it's yours. Send me an email at minirehak at hotmail.com so I can get one out to you and send some size comparison shots

Current Items up for grabs
  1. Timberline Discovery from @JupiterPaladin post #399 *No PIF required in return*
  2. Havalon quik change blade from @3fifty7 post #427
  3. M7 bayonet from sabre cat sabre cat post #451
  4. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  5. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  6. Case hunter@sbh06 post #709
  7. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  8. Wenger soldier/standard from sabre cat sabre cat post #763
  9. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  10. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  11. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from sabre cat sabre cat post #820
  12. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  13. gray Kershaw Dividend from @DRLyman post #990 pics 1098
  14. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladin post #1068
  15. Kershaw 1550 Blackout from @theAntihero post #1122 pics #1125
  16. Opinel N°08 Outdoor and Boker Pine Creek from @RayseM post #1175
  17. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
  18. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
  19. CRKT Tighe from dkb45 dkb45 post #1246
  20. Utica Catskill from @Pearly_Baker post #1280
  21. *AUTO* HK Entourage from dkb45 dkb45 post #1307, pics pending
  22. CRKT Squid from arrowhd arrowhd post #1366
  23. Schrade viper, opinel 8, buck packlite caper from @McFeeli post #1404 and vid of schrade #1406
  24. Binlun wrist watch from bikerector bikerector post #1459
  25. Tighe Rod from Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble post #1514 pics #783
  26. kershaw ferrite from @Earl1 post #1495
  27. Esee Avispa CF/D2 from @Turth post #1529
  28. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 from @Impulse600 post # 1556
  29. Winchester hunter & CRKT spew from @AlwaysTomboy post # 1563
  30. Buck X-Tract Essential #0735PLS-B Cat. 3181 from sabre cat sabre cat post #1590
  31. Schrade old timer 940tw, Buck 525 T, 2 safety cutters from @PWatkins post #1608
  32. Ruike P865 from arrowhd arrowhd post #1635 pics #1648
Upcoming PIF's
  • None
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • None
List Version:
- Updated 8/14/18 10:20PM EST​

Last edited:
Photo of the Ruike.

W3Pdo0r.jpg

I'd like to claim a couple of these if I can. First the Ruike P865, because that's a brand I've never seen and very close to a sheepsfoot blade. For this I'll offer a Case Russlock in Bone Stag, still in the box. CLAIMED!

nWPa7Yh.jpg

Second I'd like the Utica Catskill for which I'll offer a new Puma IP. CLAIMED!

qWNaF4c.jpg

I initially offered a mint Remington R-2 Bird Hunters slip joint, but the Puma is a higher value knife and rare in the USA. If someone wants the Remington, just PM me.

Last edited:
I'd like to claim a couple of these if I can. First the Ruike P865, because that's a brand I've never seen and very close to a sheepsfoot blade. For this I'll offer a Case Russlock in Bone Stag, still in the box. Second I'd like the Utica Catskill for which I'll offer a mint Remington R-2 Bird Hunters slipjoint. I can have pictures up tomorrow if that's okay with everyone.

Works for me. PM me your shipping information. Will try to get it out tomorrow. Ruike is making some incredible knives for the money. You will be surprised.

I received the HK auto from dkb45 dkb45 yesterday and managed to get it back together.

I understand why he had such difficulty. Usually you can just remove the stop pin and over rotate the blade a bit to relieve the spring tension and get everything lined up. Not the case with this one.

I had to insert the blade over the spring and allow enough space to get a tool between the handle and the blade, without allowing the spring anchor to pop out of it's index slot... then hold that whole assembly in place while replacing the lock button assembly and stop pin. Ugh. I got it done though.

I'm going to carry the knife for a week, just to make sure there aren't any further issues and then it'll be up for grabs.

If you intend to claim the knife please clear your proposed offering with dkb45 dkb45 . This a wonderful, Benchmade manufactured auto. Thanks for putting it up and allowing me to help it along.

20180816_154350.jpg

Last edited:
I received the HK auto from dkb45 dkb45 yesterday and managed to get it back together.

I understand why he had such difficulty. Usually you can just remove the stop pin and over rotate the blade a bit to relieve the spring tension and get everything lined up. Not the case with this one.

I had to insert the blade over the spring and allow enough space to get a tool between the handle and the blade, without allowing the spring anchor to pop out of it's index slot... then hold that whole assembly in place while replacing the lock button assembly and stop pin. Ugh. I got it done though.

I'm going to carry the knife for a week, just to make sure there aren't any further issues and then it'll be up for grabs.

If you intend to claim the knife please clear your proposed offering with dkb45 dkb45 . This a wonderful, Benchmade manufactured auto. Thanks for putting it up and allowing me to help it along.

20180816_154350.jpg

What steel is that thing rocking?

20180816_154350.jpg
Wow! I like that. To bad California has some crazy knife laws. :(

If the entourage becomes available again, I would still like to claim it! Haven't owned a benchmade OR an auto, so seems like a good pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back