Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah- well, need to hear if it is an acceptable offer myself for the salt, but in the spirit of the thread, just put up what you can..

I would be interested in that Spyderco...I will offer up the Benchmade mini AFCK I claimed earlier...haven’t used it since I got it, only admired...let me know how that strikes you RayseM RayseM

No sweat of course either way!

I am motivated to send the Spyderco to a good home. Not wanting to be the value police but we should be aware to some extent of reciprocal values +/- 20% rather than +/- 70% - don't you all think??

And, of course I won't be the recipient of any offer at this time - I got my PIF months ago.;)

psmith27 I'm thinking that you are in for the Snap-It Salt. PM your address and I'll get it shipped.

All good! Ray

RayseM RayseM did you use the Opinel much? I'm intrigued by the design just not sure how practical it would be for me. I'm not trying to claim the knife just curious how it performs.

Not that much - I tried it as my boat knife one summer. It went swimming, cut some cheese on the wine leg of the sail a few lovely times and sliced through some line, splendidly. I like the lock up and the heft of it. Pretty nice knife in all respects. FYI - I have cleaned the whistle with an alcohol rub. ;) The Opinel and the Snap-It got bumped as my boat knife when I bought a David Boye Cast Cobalt folder. Wouldn't mind keeping ether of the other two but they seemed like good offerings for this forum.

If the Opinel stays in play I'm going to ask y'all for PIF towards some other little offering here. I'd be happy to leave it on the table for someone else to try.

Ray

mike it was Ps, Just back from Benchmade lifesharp so serrated portion was not touched. But all new screws and the plain edge sharpened .

One more bit of knife gear I've had for years and need to get rid of. Puuko blade and super hard block of stabilized burl. I believe the blade is from Ragnars.

IMG_20180828_215048_1.jpg

Current Items up for grabs
  1. M7 bayonet from @sabre cat post #451
  2. Set of Kershaw Injections - 3.0 and 3.5, Schrade USA SP3, A Lansky 4 pack sampler from @l1ranger post #490
  3. Case Mako xx with embossed sheath from @FOG2 post #600
  4. Case hunter@sbh06 post #709
  5. Dive knife and tin knife from @rob308 post #741
  6. Wenger soldier/standard from @sabre cat post #763
  7. le thiers, wenger, and alox farmer @rob308 #765
  8. Chive, and case sheeps slippie from @FOG2 post #776
  9. Browning fixed blade DP with a black micarta handle. Nylon sheath. Marked "Model 0077" on the blade. NIB from @sabre cat post #820
  10. Modified lockback,154cm from @WValtakis post #832
  11. CRKT Side Hawg 3 from @JupiterPaladin post #1068
  12. Kershaw 1550 Blackout from @theAntihero post #1122 pics #1125
  13. Kershaw Blackout from @(jeff) post #1233
  14. Desantis cozy right hand holster, Springfield xds 3.3 from @PWatkins post #1242
  15. CRKT Tighe from @dkb45 post #1246
  16. CRKT Squid from @arrowhd post #1366
  17. Schrade viper, opinel 8 @McFeeli post #1404 and vid of schrade #1406
  18. Binlun wrist watch from bikerector bikerector post #1459
  19. Tighe Rod from @T.L.E. Sharp post #1514 pics #783
  20. kershaw ferrite from @Earl1 post #1495
  21. Esee Avispa CF/D2 from @Turth post #1529
  22. Custom CF & Green G10 scale for Zt562 from @Impulse600 post # 1556
  23. Winchester hunter & CRKT spew from @AlwaysTomboy post # 1563
  24. Buck X-Tract Essential #0735PLS-B Cat. 3181 from @sabre cat post #1590
  25. Schrade old timer 940tw, Buck 525 T, 2 safety cutters from @PWatkins post #1608
  26. SOG Seal pup from @bralexander post #1672
  27. Bear and Son 3 1/2 Stag Delrin Trapper and Condor Swamp Romper from @Pearly_Baker post #1730
  28. Fallkniven Juni (would like this to go to a young'in with no PIF needed) from @Lee D post #1714
  29. Condor kephart & DP Knives drop point hunter from Redbusa06 Redbusa06 post #1732
  30. Cortland Fly Reel from @bralexander post #1748
  31. Benchmade mini AFCK from psmith27 psmith27 post #1765
  32. Small pukko blade and burl block from Redbusa06 Redbusa06 post #1769
Upcoming PIF's
  • None
Unfinished (PIF) Business
  • None
List Version:
- Updated 8/2/18 4:30AM EST​

I am motivated to send the Spyderco to a good home. Not wanting to be the value police but we should be aware to some extent of reciprocal values +/- 20% rather than +/- 70% - don't you all think??

And, of course I won't be the recipient of any offer at this time - I got my PIF months ago.;)

psmith27 I'm thinking that you are in for the Snap-It Salt. PM your address and I'll get it shipped.

All good! Ray

I thought that was going to go fast. It's an interesting knife for sure. Nice snag smith.

Ray, let me know if the opinel is still on the table as I've removed that and the boker for the spyderco. You could certainly put those back up for another PIF if desired.

About value, the rules on page one are that the value of a PIF should be equal or greater than what is claimed. We've been loose on that since bellablade started it but we have been calling out obvious short offerings. In prior PIF threads people were claiming nice knives and offering crap which is a good way to load the thread up with things no one wants. While the thread is intended to help out the community with giving it also helps in turning over your stock for things you may want and offering something someone else may want but not so restrictive that the person(s) you're dealing needs what you have, thinking in terms of a trade (brains not working this early in the AM so please forgive if this read horribly). Keeping the overall value pool of the PIF offerings the same as things work out has kept nice offerings coming and going. The one thing that has caused some slow downs is multiple, lower priced items for one higher priced item but that's within the rules and the person offering the higher priced single item has the option to deny the offering.

Ultimately, it's intended to be self-regulating with a few of us "moderating" it a bit simple because we're interested in the thread. I know I've enjoyed some of the good-heartedness in this thread and some of a random banter to go along with it. I like to think I've made a few relationships through the thread as well, for what you can do through an online forum at least though I've met and talked to a couple outside of the BF pages since this thread opened about offerings.

Note: I may have to come back and edit. I'm known for sending semi-coherent messages in the morning before the coffee kicks in, and rambling, and this is starting to look like one of those times. Spellcheck saves me a lot.

I am really interested in the alox farmer posted by @rob308 , but I can't get him to respond to pictures request. Anybody else know him?

Andy

Ray, let me know if the opinel is still on the table as I've removed that and the boker for the spyderco. You could certainly put those back up for another PIF if desired.

OK - let's leave the OPINEL in the PIF. Nice knife that could use being used.
Ray

Note: I may have to come back and edit. I'm known for sending semi-coherent messages in the morning before the coffee kicks in, and rambling, and this is starting to look like one of those times. Spellcheck saves me a lot.

Auto Correct has gotten me in more trouble than what it's intended. I often think it's just messing with me. :confused:

Ray

I thought that was going to go fast. It's an interesting knife for sure. Nice snag smith.

About value, the rules on page one are that the value of a PIF should be equal or greater than what is claimed. We've been loose on that since bellablade started it but we have been calling out obvious short offerings. In prior PIF threads people were claiming nice knives and offering crap which is a good way to load the thread up with things no one wants. While the thread is intended to help out the community with giving it also helps in turning over your stock for things you may want and offering something someone else may want but not so restrictive that the person(s) you're dealing needs what you have, thinking in terms of a trade (brains not working this early in the AM so please forgive if this read horribly). Keeping the overall value pool of the PIF offerings the same as things work out has kept nice offerings coming and going. The one thing that has caused some slow downs is multiple, lower priced items for one higher priced item but that's within the rules and the person offering the higher priced single item has the option to deny the offering.

Ultimately, it's intended to be self-regulating with a few of us "moderating" it a bit simple because we're interested in the thread. I know I've enjoyed some of the good-heartedness in this thread and some of a random banter to go along with it. I like to think I've made a few relationships through the thread as well, for what you can do through an online forum at least though I've met and talked to a couple outside of the BF pages since this thread opened about offerings.

Hate spell check with a passion... always turn it off... the only times I actually mean "duck": a) something is flying at me, b) I am hunting, or c) choosing something on a menu... and none of those are happening when I am sending a txt :D

Thanks Smith.

I'll offer up a Mini Grip 555-1 (ish). It's G10 scale, sheepfoot version but the blade has been replaced with a 154CM version instead of the standard 20CV steel.

Will get a picture up later.

LfnFm01.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Smith.

I'll offer up a Mini Grip 555-1 (ish). It's G10 scale, sheepfoot version but the blade has been replaced with a 154CM version instead of the standard 20CV steel.

Will get a picture up later.

LfnFm01.jpg

I would like to claim this grip. If ok with Mr. Horse I offer up my daily carry for the last two months
WE knives 701 . G10 handles, d2 blade and titanium hardware. Comes with box, papers and WE wrench. Dropped it on concrete. So it has some marks on g10 as you can see in pic.

Thanks
Andy
IMG_29082018_105121_(720_x_720_pixel).jpg IMG_29082018_105028_(720_x_720_pixel).jpg IMG_29082018_105006_(720_x_720_pixel).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back