1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Pay it forward. Yes we're doing this again.

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BellaBlades, May 9, 2018.

Tags:

Should we close the Pay It Forward thread?

Poll closed Nov 6, 2019.
  1. Yes , this thing is out of control!

20.6%
  2. No , we can control ourselves...

79.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    That's just wrong on so many levels.

At least nobody would want to steal your knife and if someone did, you could identify it easily. It would be fun to listen in on the discussion with the reporting LEO. "Sir, now let me get this straight before I radio in an APB. You say the suspect stole your knife, and the weapon can be identified easily because of cartoon ponies on the scales?"

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    JupiterPaladin likes this.
  2. Brent F

Brent F

Aug 26, 2017
    Think nothing of it, I was carrying it in a shirt pocket when it happened. Been carrying today with no problems. I'm the one guy out of a million that something like this would happen to. If there's a defective something outhere, chances are it will windup in something I buy.:confused:

JupiterPaladin likes this.
  3. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Illegal in the U.k. My little Shanky.

4. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    The SOG for Fishiker is in the mail. I know we have all heard that something is in the mail but, it really is. I hope Fishiker enjoys his knife after waiting for all these years.

I am a firm believer that the best part of owning a knife is the memories and stories that come with time and use. Getting a blade through PIF is a good start but here is the backstory about William's SOG...

I purchased the AirSOG knife shortly after I was married and money was tight. I wanted a SOG Tomcat but my wife kept telling me no, that we did not have the money. At the time, the Tomcat sold for forty-five dollars and the AirSOG was about ten or fifteen dollars less.

So, according to her, we had no money but, of course, she wanted some clothing and claimed it was badly needed. “I can get what I need for twenty-five dollars,” she said. “That's all I am going to spend. Just twenty-five dollars.” Amazingly, her $25 purchase did not stay that small. It was much, much more. Afterwards, she said it was all right if I bought a knife but, I could spend only thirty dollars or less. I guess she felt guilty or something. Not too guilty, though, because we had to have a heated discussion about sales tax on the cost of my AirSOG! Thirty dollars was a drop in the bucket when compared to what she had spent.

Unfortunately, I never did get my Tomcat but I did get my freedom from a relationship full of double standards. The last I heard, my ex-wife was on her third marriage and had spent the eighty thousand dollars her husband had in savings. Just think how many knives you could buy with 80K!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    JupiterPaladin and bikerector like this.
  5. Neko2

Neko2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 18, 2003
    Now that's a PIF!

JupiterPaladin and Deinos like this.
  6. Fixall

Fixall Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Definitely not going to try to make it myself/together. I have very little experience working leather and I want this to last more than a week, lol.

I think I'm going to do just that. The leather worker I talked to is full up until sometime in October so it'll have to wait awhile anyways.

Lapedog likes this.
  7. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Keep this going.:thumbsup:

Idk if sheath work counts.

[​IMG][​IMG]

WinonaRail, Deinos and bikerector like this.
  8. needler420

needler420

Apr 29, 2011
    I need a sheath for my balisong. Because it's too heavy, it weighs half a pound and pulls my pants down and bangs with objects in my pocket since it has no belt clip.. I want to learn leather work. I want a sheath with a belt clip that keeps the knife inside the pocket in the sheath but clipped on the belt/pocket. So a pocket clip on the sheath. Not sure what I have for trade. I know I have some gabon ebony block that was given to me years back for knife making that I never used.

Kind of like this. I know this is fancy custom work added. I don't need the custom work. But the design is exactly what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  9. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Just received a couple of nice flippers from @dkb45, boy these are nice, a little on the heavy side but great action, Thank you Derrek!

Lapedog and bralexander like this.
  10. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    @sabre cat went well beyond what I was expecting with the SOG.I can't say thank you enough for the kind gifts.
    [​IMG]

11. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Wow! I really did not expect them to show up until Wed.

So, are you happy with the AirSOG? I hope so.

As for the other knives, I figured this would give you an EDC, a beater knife for your toolbox, and the doctor's knife would make a decent, inexpensive, budget dress/travel knife. If it gets stolen out of your luggage; you're not out anything.

Just add a fixed blade, machete, axe, and maybe a multi-tool; you should be set.

12. bralexander

bralexander

Jun 8, 2014
    After some use, it turns out that 420hc is no match for my sweat:(. So I would like to re offer this Buck Paklite Caper that I received on here a little while ago. I will be including the custom sheath I had made for it and the original stock sheath (which could use a little stitching work) . This is a user with some scratching from the kydex, but overall a very nice knife. I will be searching for another knife to carry while running, but I don't see anything I would like to claim from this thread, right now.
    Bruce

52phhrS - Imgur.jpg KauoyRO - Imgur.jpg

13. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Bruce look at Boye Knives. You can't hurt that cobalt.

WValtakis and bralexander like this.
  14. bralexander

bralexander

Jun 8, 2014
    Unfortunately they are way out of my price range! I will probably end up with one of the Spyderco Salt series knives, which I like the looks of, they are just not really in the budget right now either... even the used Salts seem to hold their value extremely well. I'll figure it out eventually!
    Bruce

15. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    bralexander You are looking for a fixed blade I take it?

Ray

bralexander likes this.
  16. bralexander

bralexander

Jun 8, 2014
    I am open to trying a folder or a fixed blade, as long as it absolutely doesn't rust and is relatively light weight!
    Bruce

17. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    There was a Boye folder on the exchange early this week, at 1/2 price of new. Was an older version but
    maybe worth looking up.

Also I have an OPINEL OUTDOOR knife (with a whistle :)) here on PIF # 28 that might suit your needs.

Ray

18. bralexander

bralexander

Jun 8, 2014
    Thanks for the heads up on the Boye, it would definitely fit my parameters, but still out of my price range.

I have looked at your Opinel on here a few times. I've had a few wood handled Opinels in the past and enjoyed them, but haven't tried one of the Outdoor models. I just don't think it would work out for me, I appreciate the offer though!
    Bruce

19. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    A longtime friend of mine has one. Don't remember the model, all metal, fixed. Great ergonomics.

20. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Thats pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.