• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

PayPal friends and family

Man, these two, Smiler and Philleee? They HAVE to be one and the same, their mannerisms (or actually "lack of manners") seems identical, they both have the same moral compass (broken). At best they are annoying, yet entertaining trolls, but they should already be on most folks ignore list by now, so really, entertaining to who, 5-6 of us?

Smiler and Philleee, two "Wild and Crazy Trolls"

Yesterday I posted a sale and listed prices as f&f. People posted to change it and of course I did. In my other hobby, f&f is the norm, so I was just used to default typing "f&f". Since I don't do too much trading here I wasn't aware it was such an issue. Perhaps that is why a really nice Manix and salt 2 have gone without any interest, I shot myself in the foot there I suppose. Anyhow... My point of posting is that I was once scammed on a sale where I took f&f but the buyer used a CC and performed a charge back. PP immediately yanked the money out of my account regardless of the f&f small print. So, f&f really doesn't guarantee you are in the clear either.

Seems like PP has changed the wording a bit and it should just add to the confusion. Option one was sending it with protection. Option 2 was sending it to someone you trusted, but when you go into the fee schedule all still seems the same.

My point of posting is that I was once scammed on a sale where I took f&f but the buyer used a CC and performed a charge back. PP immediately yanked the money out of my account regardless of the f&f small print. So, f&f really doesn't guarantee you are in the clear either.
Using a credit card is the best option with paypal, as the credit card company trumps PayPal's decision. The thing is, unless something has changed, using a credit card for a f&f payment gets charged as a cash advance (higher interest if not paid off promptly)

Using a credit card is the best option with paypal, as the credit card company trumps PayPal's decision. The thing is, unless something has changed, using a credit card for a f&f payment gets charged as a cash advance (higher interest if not paid off promptly)

Yes, higher rate, and it starts to accrue the day you send it. Same as if you send money Western Union on a credit card, even if it's for a purchase. I just double checked that with mine a few weeks ago, because they had the option of sending a WU online, using your card.

Back