1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  4. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

PayPal friends and family

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Salo, Aug 11, 2019.

1. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    :rolleyes:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "vouches". Sometimes when buying or selling, I will look at a poster's history in the discussion threads here at Bladeforums. It gives me a general idea of who they are, if they get along well with others, etc. I guess that's a kind of community "vouch". It may sway my decision as to whether to do business with them. Still has nothing to do with using Goods & Services on Paypal, though.

craytab, bonky, trevitrace and 4 others like this.
  2. Smiler

Smiler

Sep 22, 2016
    Something like that...
    But we didnt talk here it was on IG.
    And the knife wasnt listed for sale.

It has to do with trust...

If someone dont trust me get vouches from known collectors, makers and G&S is fine.
    Easy!!!

I have no prob my self getting vouches from collectors/makers.

3. Gastonknife

Gastonknife Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Folks no sense debating trolls or perhaps teenagers.

4. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
    I'm going to assume that you missed an earlier post from me.

5. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    It’d be even better if the assumption was that he didn’t. Seems to me that proudly proclaiming one’s dishonesty ought to be reason enough to be shown the door. But, you da boss.

LEGION 12, buckfynn and craytab like this.
  6. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007

Late to the party her, and I have been reading the insults....

But I'd never send payment friends and family..... unless I am sending the money to a friend....or family.....

If the seller is demanding friends and family, out them, and I'll add them to my ignore list.

I sent an offer on a knife just a few weeks ago. Seller messaged me for F&F. To save fees. I indicated I would send extra to cover....
    Had he said no, and demanded F&F I would have moved on.

7. Darkpast

Darkpast Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Lol, it is just a knife.....I will write a promissory note that I will not want it..
    Man this is better than movies......missing popcorn

I have some belly lint....if you want it?

jlauffer and craytab like this.
  8. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    My favorite part of this thread is the whole vouches thing. I hate knife culture on facebook.

trackstar55, rdtshaw, Quiet and 6 others like this.
  9. Pete1977

Pete1977 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2002
    This is the first time in almost 20 years on bladeforums, the LEADING knife website on the internet, that i have ever heard of “vouches.”

Fortunately on a site like this where people are embedded in the community there is less of a likelihood of being scammed than on a site like instagram or facebook or reddit with the lack of investment in the hobby except profit.

This forum exists as “vouches” for buying and selling. If someone gets a bad reputation here it will follow them them to every other knife community on the web. Google any of the biggest scammers and thieves and BFC threads will be top hits.

Scuttling your reputation here is a bad idea.

bonky, JJ_Colt45 and WValtakis like this.
  10. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    what I can't believe is this thread is still on page one everytime I check the forum ...
    *things that make you shake your head*

11. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

The BF owner's position on the matter is clear. It goes along with the policy prohibiting discussion of illegal acts. If you violate PayPal policies you are breaking their laws. Since the deals made here are between individuals, misuse of PayPal can't be prohibited. However BF neither recommends nor supports such misuse.

JJ_Colt45 and r8shell like this.
  12. Wilfred17

Wilfred17 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 18, 2016
    I want so bad to put those two on my ignore list,but I'm enjoying the immaturity too much

Pete1977 likes this.
  13. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    It's 'you're'. ;)

14. ArchVV

ArchVV

Sep 8, 2015
    Please, nobody type "vouches" again. I mean, after this LAST one.

rdtshaw, Hurrul and buckfynn like this.
  15. Jarhead Greasemonkey

Jarhead Greasemonkey

Jan 4, 2015
    It's like a train wreck...

You just can't look away!

JJ_Colt45 and buckfynn like this.
  16. Beak14

Beak14 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 13, 2015
    And, if they would have just done the deal, I'm sure everything would have gone fine. But, instead, the OP, and Smiler, took us down a hole, and into a place, only the internet could create.

I was just thinking - maybe I shouldn't be thinking? :D - that if we didn't have some of these thieving bastards, like Balls to the whatever (Heath Helton), that there wouldn't be so much paranoia. By nature, unfortunately, I'm a bit paranoid, lol. :(:eek::p

Anyway, I thought I had a point, when I started this post, but, clearly I don't... Oh, wait, I don't think that either of these guys would screw anybody, if any of us did a deal, with them. However, I'm not saying that anybody should do a deal, with either of them, as I think that a knife acquisition should be tied to somebody we (maybe I'm reaching, and should say I?) feel a kinship with. Well, that's just my sentimental BS position, FWIW. :cool:

Vaporstang likes this.
  17. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Probably wouldn't be a bad idea not to show your face around here again. We don't need folks like you around. Seeya!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    WValtakis likes this.
  18. sickpuppy1

sickpuppy1 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Vouches

buckfynn likes this.
  19. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
  20. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member