paypal!!! I HATE YOU!!!

just needed a place to vent...
just received an email from paypal telling me they limited my account.

i dont know why the heck this happened but it just delayed payment to yangdu :mad:

has this happened to anyone else? paypal said they noticed unusual charges and wanted me to jump through all kind of hoops to verify certain things. this is crazy and im mad. somebody chime in and tell me its ok :grumpy:

yep its paypal... went online to check my account and even called them :mad:

EDIT: this is what i have to do to clear my account
#1: enter expanded use number for credit card (kinda sucks cause it takes a few days to actually show up according to paypal and im currently own the phone with my credit card company trying to explain to them this so called number which they are totally clueless about.) [COMPLETED]

#2: fax documentation of ID and utility bill (kinda sux i dont have a land line hooked up since i never needed one so i have to head over to kinkos or work later to send this) [COMPLETED]

#3: confirm location for credit card (sucks cause i dont have a land line telephone hooked up and they dont allow this... dont have a clue what to do on this one.) [SHOULD CLEAR WITH #2 SPOKE WITH OPERATOR]

ahhh sux!!! did everything i have to do and now im forced to wait 24-48hrs. AND!!!!! i have to wait for the money reversed to get back into my account which may also take a few days.... so much misfortune :grumpy: i just want my khuks :(

I had this once for real & about 150 fake phising attempts!

But Well it helps stop someone using your stolen card details.

Better they checked than didnt.

Hassle though for sure.

good luck

Spiral

Last month I received two emails, supposedly from PayPal, telling me I had to upgrade my account. The email outlined steps I had to take, including giving them credit card and bank information and if I didn't my account would be cancelled within 72 hours. I figured it was somebody phishing, ignored and deleted both emails. If it really was PayPal, well too bad, they don't need anymore information than they already have. PayPal is a convenience for me, not a necessity. I can still pay for things directly with cash, check, money order, or credit card. I'm bidding on some things right now, we'll see if they really did cancel me. If so, fine, I can live without them.

Jaiofspam, reading your post again, I see all kinds of red flags waving with items 1, 2 and 3. Why do they need a fax of ID documentation and utility bill? I think you should get on the phone ASAP with your credit card company, tell them what happened, and put some kind of watch or hold on your account.

I'd suggest forwarding the e-mail to spoof@paypal.com. If you called the number provided in the e-mail, then it most likely was a phisher you talked to. Paypal doesn't need all that information from you... they already have everything they need and NEVER send e-mails requesting it (says so on their web site).

I'd have paypal security check the e-mail to determine if it really was them (doubtful)... then hit all three credit reporting companies and file a fraud alert on your credit accounts. And of course contact your bank immediately too... you could be looking at getting cleaned out shortly.

Just my .02 worth of advice for the day.

Alan

no no no no... the email just refered me to my account directly on the paypal site i dont think its a phishing scam.

going to the site and logging in gives me all these details on why my account is frozen and what needs to be done in order to fix it. i even called paypal directly and spoke to a representative. they said my account was flagged due to unsual charges. the unsual charges being made by me using my card to pay for 3 separate knife purchases and ordering all within an hour or two.

i think from now on im going to deal with straight cash or money order :grumpy:

for those who have gone through this before... can you chime and tell me what happens? how long do they freeze the account they told me only 24-48hrs. after providing them with certain info.

now not only do i have to wait for paypal to clear... i have to wait a few days for the refund to appear on my account :mad: this sucks i just want my khuks!

So you can just type in www.paypal.com and log in, and see the same info that you got from the email? It still sounds fishy to me. They can make a website look just like Paypal. I never go to paypal or ebay by clicking on a link in an email. Jus too dangerous.

Good luck bud.

Steve

The $64,000 question is, "Did you click on a link in the email to get to the Paypal site or did you close your email and use a bookmark to go to PayPal's site and log in?" If you clicked on a link in the email, it's a phishing scam, no matter how authentic it looked. If you went to Paypal via bookmark or typing the URL in, you're probably OK.

It does seem like they wanted a whole lot of info on you that they didn't need on me.

i went on paypal directly there was no link in the emaill... just got off the phone with them this morning also

checked my bank and money is still there pending on there end
everything should be resolved in 3-4days... SUCKS!!!!!

below is a copy and paste of the email they sent me:
Dear J*********,

To view the details regarding your limited account access, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal Account at https://www.paypal.com/ by entering your email address and password in the Member Log In box
2. Click on the 'Click to Resolve' link on your Account Overview page
3. Click the 'Why' link to view the Limited Account Access Details

You will be able to view what steps need to be taken to restore your account access

Please Note:

* Appeals cases and faxed documentation are worked in the order they are received
* If your account access is limited, please see the section entitled 'How can I restore my account access?' for information on how to restore your account access

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to! this address cannot be answered.

and if you guys are wondering why im so upset... i was expecting an ak bowie, ube, balance, pen knife & villager chainpuri from this paypal fiasco!!!

thank god my other order is payment with cash... i can expect my tarwar, hanuman, foxy folly & bdc next week for sure :thumbup:

cant a guy just get a khuk collection started without any trouble????
my fiance was actually pretty cool on me making a big purchase like this on "knives" and paypal just had to mess everything up :(

ohhh and yangdu has been ever so patient and awesome to deal with during this whole ordeal... she is truly amazing :cool:

Once you get your account setup and become verified, then there should be no problems. Paypal is meant to protect both the buyer and the seller. Be patient.

Yangdu will also take credit cards directly I believe, if you give her a call, money orders, and even checks. There are multiple ways to get your khuks.

i went on paypal directly there was no link in the emaill...

below is a copy and paste of the email they sent me:
Dear Jimmy Lam,

1. Log in to your PayPal Account at https://www.paypal.com/ by entering your email address and password in the Member Log In box

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to! this address cannot be answered.

Sounds legit, but there IS a link embedded in the message and that is how the phishers get you, it will look like a legit link, but actually go somewhere else.

Funny how people are so used to seeing things that they stop seeing them.

Ted :D

Sounds legit, but there IS a link embedded in the message and that is how the phishers get you, it will look like a legit link, but actually go somewhere else.

Funny how people are so used to seeing things that they stop seeing them.

Ted :D

lol i guess there was a link but i was so concerned with the email i opened another window to go on paypal allowing me to view both at the same time :thumbup: glad i didnt click the link though... jebus cant be sure of anything anymore :(

as for the jones..... yeah! and i cant stop buying!!! :foot:

As we all know Most of these requests are fake, but when it was for real it took me a week till they reopened my account, its a hassle but its to protect you!

They want you spending money! Thats how they make it.

If you normaly by knives or whatever then start buying loads of something else in one day it shows up the same way as if a thief has cloned your details or hacked your ebay account.

Youl find credit card companys sometimes do the same thing, for "unusual purchasing habits outside customers norm"

Or if you normaly buy once a month then buy 3 times a day.

Without it more people would be ripped than usualy do.

& if you realy want fun spend over £10,000 or more on an item either on ebay or via paypal at watch the reaction then! {I havent myself but know people who have.} this is just starters!

They can get realy busy on you for £10,000 or more!

Spiral

i guess as soon as the money returns to my account im sending yangdu a money order :mad:

cant believe this is happening...

Back