PDW Sebenzas

With all this Chris Reeve knife knowledge, can someone tell me what is so special about the Prometheus Design Werks Sebenzas? Yes, they have a cool design and an etching on the scales, but why are they worth a premium?

Because people will pay it:)
They are a limited run(or runs?) knife with good demand, and as such may get some premium. Some may be a bit overly optimistic as to what that premium is, but I can only judge what I would pay. Others will have to decide for themselves.
I like the design and wouldn't mind having one.

Last edited:
I understand...I was wondering if there was anything special about them. I like the design as well, and I agree that I would like one as well. Just not sure that is pay what people seem to be asking. $675 for a small? Really?

Peter nailed it -- buyers establish what something "is worth” with the prices they’re willing to pay. To some, the octopus is worth a premium and to others it isn’t. Some consider it to be ultra-desirable and others see it as a groupie thing that leaves them cold. $675 for a small one is close to the price of a CGG/UG with a damascus blade and I’d much rather put that kind of $$ into a damascus CGG/UG. But, as always... “to each his own,” as the old saying goes.

I understand...I was wondering if there was anything special about them. I like the design as well, and I agree that I would like one as well. Just not sure that is pay what people seem to be asking. $675 for a small? Really?
Still a standard Sebenza under the cosmetic changes. If you want one but don't like the prices, all I can say is be patient and hope for the best. Seen very few for sale, but I have seen one lower, also seen higher.

There was one on eBay for $10,000....lol. Have seen some on BST on FB in The $600 range, which is more realistic. It’s going to be a regular item for PDW, so it not like they made 2 of em. It’s just the initial drop and people flocked to them, which always jacks the price up a bit.

It's $300 more than a standard sebenza so you can get $300 worth more likes on Instagram.

Back