1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

PDW Sebenzas

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Marine1957, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Marine1957

Marine1957 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    With all this Chris Reeve knife knowledge, can someone tell me what is so special about the Prometheus Design Werks Sebenzas? Yes, they have a cool design and an etching on the scales, but why are they worth a premium?

2. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Because people will pay it:)
    They are a limited run(or runs?) knife with good demand, and as such may get some premium. Some may be a bit overly optimistic as to what that premium is, but I can only judge what I would pay. Others will have to decide for themselves.
    I like the design and wouldn't mind having one.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  3. Marine1957

Marine1957 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    I understand...I was wondering if there was anything special about them. I like the design as well, and I agree that I would like one as well. Just not sure that is pay what people seem to be asking. $675 for a small? Really?

4. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Peter nailed it -- buyers establish what something "is worth” with the prices they’re willing to pay. To some, the octopus is worth a premium and to others it isn’t. Some consider it to be ultra-desirable and others see it as a groupie thing that leaves them cold. $675 for a small one is close to the price of a CGG/UG with a damascus blade and I’d much rather put that kind of $$ into a damascus CGG/UG. But, as always... “to each his own,” as the old saying goes.

RTedder2 likes this.
  5. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Still a standard Sebenza under the cosmetic changes. If you want one but don't like the prices, all I can say is be patient and hope for the best. Seen very few for sale, but I have seen one lower, also seen higher.

6. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    There was one on eBay for $10,000....lol. Have seen some on BST on FB in The $600 range, which is more realistic. It’s going to be a regular item for PDW, so it not like they made 2 of em. It’s just the initial drop and people flocked to them, which always jacks the price up a bit.

7. bvo85

bvo85

Apr 27, 2017
    It's $300 more than a standard sebenza so you can get $300 worth more likes on Instagram.

4mer_FMF likes this.
  8. CrashTheDOG

CrashTheDOG Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2018
    Has PDW confirmed this?

9. RTedder2

RTedder2 Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2015
  10. HistoricalMan

HistoricalMan Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2010
    The octopus and trident logo is cool.