Pens and traditional knives

Davison folder and About a thirty year old Waterman rollerball.
slyvQii.jpg
Nice, and matching color to boot, Alan

Nice idea for a thread. Traditional knives and fountain pens, in particular, have a lot in common. I've been using these lately.

9E966CD9-0490-4A44-B284-9AC63D5B6884.jpg

Gotta give you props for that Barrett. I just get ink all over everything. I use roller balls. Nice shot with the 77 in there.

Nice idea for a thread. Traditional knives and fountain pens, in particular, have a lot in common. I've been using these lately.

9E966CD9-0490-4A44-B284-9AC63D5B6884.jpg

You are my new hero. I have always loved fountain pens, but I have only ever bought inexpensive cartridge versions that don't tend to pocket well. I haven't made the leap into the initial investment getting a nice pen or two and some inks would entail quite yet. However, I did join a fountain pen sub-Reddit some time ago though and it has been very educational. I just need to stop thinking about it and do it.

Writing, with fine instruments in particular, can be quite therapeutic and fulfilling. It allows for deeper thought processing and clarity. Much like smoking a pipe, sitting at a fire, or simply whittling away on a stick.

I agree, pens and traditional knives make for an impeccable pairing. I will need to get a shot or two of a few of my everday pens.

That's weird GE, I was about to post the same exact knife, as well as my Cybertool which also hides a pen. I don't carry my Classic (what can you do with 512MB storage these days anyway?), but having the pen in my Cybertool has saved my butt on more than a few occasions, including taking an entire Latin exam with it. I wish they'd offer replacement USB drives as technology advances. I know there's 64GB Midnite Managers available, but it's a lot to spend when you can get a tiny 128GB drive for half or less.

I carried a fountain pen at work for about a year and a half - back when charting was still done on paper, lol. I primarily stopped because of the time factor (quick note, and close = smudge) and my tendency to get careless and not think about refilling.
I'll add a picture later...

Pilot custom heritage 92? That's on my radar. But I'm hesitant to buy a new pen until I figure out what nib sizes are on the two pens I have now.

Pilot custom heritage 92? That's on my radar. But I'm hesitant to buy a new pen until I figure out what nib sizes are on the two pens I have now.
I have a CH92,and it's a great pen. Keep in mind that Japanese pens are finer. I got a MedFine and it is perfect for me.

Nope, from top to bottom: TWSBI Mini, TWSBI 580 and a Noodler's Konrad. All three combined cost less than a Pilot Custom. :D

I really like the Pilot Custom 823 in Amber, but I'm not sure that I could spend more on a pen than I'm generally willing to spend on a knife.

Some very nice photos of some beautiful pens and knives! :thumbsup: I don't yet own a pen that I feel is worthy of the above examples, being photographed with a knife. I do have this though...

6xm8aI6.jpg

;):D
GE / That might be the most worthy since it's both a pen AND a knife! :thumbsup:

Back